I hate to burst you bubble, Gene, but I'm not buying the whole apocolypse bit. People cried wolf for 2000 and that has soured whatever fear/respect I have for any sort of prophecies. I guess since the millenium I've been tempered for death. However, I see no reason for alarm. I find most Christian ideas to be a bit hokey at best (however, that doesn't mean that I'm against it. Diff'rent strokes, diff'rent folks). I think it's just in there to keep you god-fearing. Even the most devout christian has relapse and needs a check from time to time. What better way than a trivial number that represents impending doom, suffering, and eternal ****ation.

I think we are currently witnessing the downfall of christianity, so it may represent the end of religion and the beginning of "Sin" a.k.a. a non-christian lifestyle. If god really wanted to punish us he'd make our death very long and drawn out. Suffer for your sins through the slow eradication of the human race. There is no greater pain than watching/enduring a loved one dying, but you have to live to experience that pain.

I don't understand why god and religion must be based on such fear and control. Sure, they say god in is all things beautiful, but we know him better for the ****ing one from the book of revelations. I believe that religion should be choice, but spirituality is a must. Live by a moral code of ethics, treat others with kindness, and have compassion for the suffering of others and I think that you won't have to worry about a spot in a firey lake of tungston. Scratch going to church because you should be in practice at all times.