Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 6-6-6

I hate to burst you bubble, Gene, but I'm not buying the whole apocolypse bit. People cried wolf for 2000 and that has soured whatever fear/respect I have for any sort of prophecies. I guess since the millenium I've been tempered for death. However, I see no reason for alarm. I find most Christian ideas to be a bit hokey at best (however, that doesn't mean that I'm against it. Diff'rent strokes, diff'rent folks). I think it's just in there to keep you god-fearing. Even the most devout christian has relapse and needs a check from time to time. What better way than a trivial number that represents impending doom, suffering, and eternal ****ation.

I think we are currently witnessing the downfall of christianity, so it may represent the end of religion and the beginning of "Sin" a.k.a. a non-christian lifestyle. If god really wanted to punish us he'd make our death very long and drawn out. Suffer for your sins through the slow eradication of the human race. There is no greater pain than watching/enduring a loved one dying, but you have to live to experience that pain.

I don't understand why god and religion must be based on such fear and control. Sure, they say god in is all things beautiful, but we know him better for the ****ing one from the book of revelations. I believe that religion should be choice, but spirituality is a must. Live by a moral code of ethics, treat others with kindness, and have compassion for the suffering of others and I think that you won't have to worry about a spot in a firey lake of tungston. Scratch going to church because you should be in practice at all times.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

What's funny is that Calendars are arbitrary and have at times been manipulated for political reasons.

For instance, we use the Gregorian Calendar which replaced the Julian Calendar and those were created anew to seperate them from the other calendars in use when they were created.

The thing is, it's not really the year 2006 you see. Calendar is a perspective thing. To the Chinese it's a different year altogether, to the Jews, another one again, to teh orthodoxy it's a different year and the real year that we as human beings have been here is unknown.

It's handy to make it to work on time, and it works good for solar eclipses and other celestial events, but numerologically speaking, this calendar we use has as much validity as any really just because it IS arbitrary and and invention.

so, 6-6-6 is just a figment of your imagination and revelations were written by an old man in a hot desert sun, no wonder they're so fractious.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I think we should be more concerned with the Date December 21st 2012.
    That is when the Mayan calendar Ends.

june 6 2006 is the release of the re-make of the "omen" WHY they had to remake this movie ill never know. Hollywood has lost its creativity these days.

Peace,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword
    I think we should be more concerned with the Date December 21st 2012.
    That is when the Mayan calendar Ends.
    actually, that's when it rolls over and starts again as far as teh record of "long time" goes.

besides, the maya have a few calendars, there is the record of long time and that covers the planets movement around the center point of the galaxy according to our realtionship to position in the milky way.

there's the record of the annual year that we know or teh solar calendar which is 360 +5 days long. The 5 day taked to the end are considered unlucky days.

and there is the ritual 260 day calendar which works in tandem with the solar calendar. This cover the 260 days of gestation and is used more for birth records and such.

the whole "worlds gonna end" thing based on the mayan calendar isnonsense blurted out by some halfwit von daniken like person upon perhaps hearing only the first sentence of a lecture on the topic or reading one page fo a book without reading the rest. lol

There is a lot of context that is lost when information is disseminated by alarmists.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

You know, hate to point out the obvious here, but have you ever considered the alternative translation of apocalypse, which is: A prophetic disclosure; a revelation.

The 'Bible' is a really bad translation. I mean, have you ever tried reading 'Revelations'? How anybody could assume reading that they know what it's saying or anything? It sounds like jibberish.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    "I can tell that gene is the only one here truly dedicated to the solid eradication of evil."

ok, I come close. I am truly dedicated to a solid erection.

well, the one good thing about the bible is that it is at least written down.

oral transmission otoh by it's very nature is faulty. at least when it's written down, the chance for error are narrowed somewhat. Mind you, stretch that out over time and language alterations and you are going to get some failure to communicate.

still...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    well, the one good thing about the bible is that it is at least written down.

oral transmission otoh by it's very nature is faulty. at least when it's written down, the chance for error are narrowed somewhat. Mind you, stretch that out over time and language alterations and you are going to get some failure to communicate.

still...
    Well, Revelations may be written down, but the interpretation of it is an oral tradition, isn't it? The theology surrounding it is the theology of an oral (and written) tradition of the Christian church, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    it is the responsibility of every martial arts practitioner to keep the peace. I advise all members of the forum to actively engage 6-6-6, to seek out potential trouble spots and be ready to fight the good fight.
    its on bi tches.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt
    Well, Revelations may be written down, but the interpretation of it is an oral tradition, isn't it? The theology surrounding it is the theology of an oral (and written) tradition of the Christian church, isn't it?
    The interpretation of revelations is all over the map. some take it literally, some attempt to make the passages conform to events that have occured in order to validate it and some try to interpret in the context of the times it was written in and most certainly there is a whole lotta bible quotes that are completely out of context and used for personal agendas and gain and so on.

That's easy enough to see when you watch tv preachers asking for money for tapes of them reading the bible and offering what you should think about what they are reading. lol

All in all, there is some interesting historical information tagged to the bible when it is used in tandem with archeological and anthropological studies. But the idea of cross pollination between fields of science and theology is relatively new.

what comes of it usually starts to make some sense if the study is rational and not based on personal beliefs and instead looks at what there is in the records of the times.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

David J. I certainly do not mean to suggest that the world is going to end on that day when the mayan calendar ends its cyclic winter phase. However i do feel that cyclic changes based on Mayan cosmology are very significant to us all. There is still a mystery surrounding "why" that particular day.

The World will end when it ends, and it will end long after we have dissapeared off the planet, kids. so have a drink and live your life.

oh and count me in on the zombie and vampire fighting thing, i gots me a sword too .

As Always ,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

just pointing it out tws.

and the only mystery of the maya is why don't people just ask the maya? I mean, it's not like there aren't a few million of them still going about there ways of life day in and day out to this day. They're all over the yucatan after all.

I think too many people get there info on the subject from well...crackpots like erick von daniken or his ilk of spacemen did it because humans aren't capable of (i guess erick hasn't looked at any recent engineering achievements that put piling stones and facing them to shame.) lol

the very nature of soothsaying is flawed at the core. it is illusory and false. one could do better by understanding just the basics of human nature and the ramifications of current events. That's futurism and has a more solid footing. Trends and historical facts are indicators both of civilizations and individuals.

I guess people aren't comfortable dealing with realities and instead like to drift into the sea of mystery and such. There is something alluring about not quite knowing after all. It's much less fun to know, because once you know, you take for granted and once you take for granted, you stop thinking about it. and so on.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The Bible's "testaments", both the old and new are based on oral tradition. There are traditions in oration that allow the recital of accurate information (check out millman parry's work). Of course, like everything, there is leveling and degradatoin over time.
    MTV-Get Off The Air-Now

It is interesting that the solstice for the year 2012 is on december 21 at exactly 11:11 Universal Time

there is this whole 11:11 thing going around too.

I was into it long before I knew it was going around. Then I found out and was like "holy sh!t, other people see that too?"

Obviously the cycle is somehow timed for the returning of the planet Nibiru

now bring on the ancient alien god-like road warrior Zombies!!!

yeh.
    Words!

Just words!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChingAfter my research and study of Revelations, I personally believe I know where the antichrist, or one of his minions, will manifest in San Francisco. I plan to be there, ready to beat him back to hell if need be. If anyone wants to join me there, please do. If not, please find your own antichrist. [URL="http://www.thefillmore.com/artist_detail2.asp?event_id=218388"
    On 6-6-6, I'm preparing for apocalypse here.
    Well, Gene, after conducting my own research I must disagree with your pick as the antichrist. There can be only one, and I shall name him.

http://www.realchange.org/bushjr.htm
    Last edited by Hard Fists; 05-23-2006 at 09:52 AM.