Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 6-6-6

not if yer a nemotode or some other asexual being.

the real problem is when people make archetypes into literal personified beings.

good and evil are concepts and are expressed through deeds.

god and devil are archetypes of base concepts with god defining what are considered cultural and societally virtuous deeds in context to the social construct you live in and the devil defines those things that do not fit in context or are contrary to the social construct within which you live.

god doesn't equal dude with beard in gold throne anymore than devil is dude with horns and pitchfork overseeing seas of lava roiling with human beings screaming in agony because they masturbated too much.

what really needs to be understood is how easy it is to f@ck with someones mind.

for instance, If I told you not to drink the water in mexico would you stick to bottled water? Probably, because it was and is true that it is not wise to drink unpurified or treated water. But once you're there and you find out that there is plenty in the way of water purification and that virtually all larger areas and all resorts have purified water and clean food then the myth is dispelled.

Much of what drives our fears and passions is myth and archetypes. the reality is far more interesting and challeging to the mind however.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

sooo

basically what your saying then, is that you want to get some swords together, and have mad rush at the beast while he is on stage working his dark art of manipulation through ritual song and dance.

im down, but i hear seagal knows a little ma. probably devil style.

but i feel confident in YOUR shaolin training. i hope you have some of those little spell tickets to put a hold on his zombies.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

i got no tricks. just a sharp sword and a willingness to kill demons...I think I got that in a box of wheatabix when I was a kid though in all honestly.

the urge to kill that is.
    the sword I bought in chinatown.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

as a bad buddhist i think i will leave the worry to the Christians....and how many of them do you think will donate their July rent money to their clergymen?? lol yes that's correct, probably much fewer than 1% i'd guess. People say a lot of things but if you want to know how they really feel, what they choose to do with their wealth gives a true tell.

Funny, they'll cook up all manner of boogeymen to fear but they don't even think twice about the Jerry Falwells and Pat Robertsons etc. lol. And they are from the mainstream... not to even mention the fringey types. These people wield an undue amount of influence, preying on fear and ignorance as they build empires.

wouldn't buddhists actually lookforward to an apocalypse? would that assist in the extermination of the cycle of death and rebirth?

yeah, all these dates come and go. I am really surprised at you Gene!

i am going to go ahead and makes plans for after 6/6/06...the date i look forward to most is the day when the next president of the USA is inaugurated. Unless Mr Decider-man decides to go ahead and abolish the two term limit. <-- THERE's something worth worrying about.
    lol thanks for your time. bd out
    Master...Teach me kung fu.

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan
    im glad to see there is another person who feels the duty to the weak. those who cannot fight vampires, demons, werewolves, and zombies on thier own. i have trained hard for this day, and now that the time has come, i am ready to show my skill and defeat the enemy of man.

with that said, buy me a plane ticket gene (im sure you could sneak it into an expense report) and ill be there to whoop that guy right along side you.

it will be just like Shaolin vs. Evil Dead.

yes, yes of course ill be the sidekick and you can be the gordon liu.
    dude, you must be a pretty big movie fan, cause that thing sucked. But just wondering:how does it end? or does it

And that is the hijack of the year, I think gene was pretty scared of this and now even more cause nobody is gonna have his back on 6-06-2006.

And Gene you are just worried because you decided not to invest in the proper head gear.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Another sign

We just posted a new e-zine article yesterday - SPIDERMAN is to Peter Parker as DISTRICT B13 is to "PARKOUR" by Dr. Craig Reid. Our e-zine articles are automatically numbered. Take a look at the number of this article:
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezin...hp?article=666

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

dang, I just mentioned this in the other thread. you beat me to it.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

You Have Been Warned

Quick or dead, Seven Star, quick or dead. Revelations warns us about falling stars, you know...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Rev 1:3

Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Manana, amigos, manana...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

everyone getting their zombie killing weapons ready for tomorrow? dont forget to shoot them in the head!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

zombies should be the least of your worries.

its the dopplegangers you gotta watch out for.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan
    zombies should be the least of your worries.

its the dopplegangers you gotta watch out for.

shoot i forgot about them totally. in fact i cant even remember what they are right now!!! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    Quick or dead, Seven Star, quick or dead. Revelations warns us about falling stars, you know...
    could they be alluding to a fallen sevenstar? Am I the antichrist??!??!
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

coincidentally (or maybe not?) last night I dreamed that my 7 month old was dead. This morning, when my 7 year old (not the 7 month old) woke up, he told me that he had been dreaming about the color flowers he put on my grave when I died...

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter