Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6-6-6

Hybrid View

6-6-6

Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six. REV 13:18
    I am a student of the apocalypse, so the talk surrounding June 6th, 2006 is of great personal concern. There has been some fulfillment of the prophesies of Revelations already. The UPC fulfilled REV 13:17 . Chernobyl fulfilled REV 8:10-11. We should interpret prophesy as metaphor instead of literal, of course, which makes some of these literal fulfillments very disturbing.

As most of you know, I'm Buddhist, but I have great respect for the Bible. I have read the Bible cover to cover twice in my life and I hope to do so again someday. I confess I only skimmed Numbers, but I revisit Songs, Proverbs and especially Revelations on occassion. That being said, I feel that it's important for all of us to stand ready on 6-6-6. Perhaps the antichrist won't manifest, but it opens the door to all sorts of deviltry, and it is the responsibility of every martial arts practitioner to keep the peace. I advise all members of the forum to actively engage 6-6-6, to seek out potential trouble spots and be ready to fight the good fight. It might seem trite here, but I'll quote Tom Petty "You could stand me up at the gates of hell, but I won't back down."

After my research and study of Revelations, I personally believe I know where the antichrist, or one of his minions, will manifest in San Francisco. I plan to be there, ready to beat him back to hell if need be. If anyone wants to join me there, please do. If not, please find your own antichrist. On 6-6-6, I'm preparing for apocalypse here.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

hijack

im glad to see there is another person who feels the duty to the weak. those who cannot fight vampires, demons, werewolves, and zombies on thier own. i have trained hard for this day, and now that the time has come, i am ready to show my skill and defeat the enemy of man.

with that said, buy me a plane ticket gene (im sure you could sneak it into an expense report) and ill be there to whoop that guy right along side you.

it will be just like Shaolin vs. Evil Dead.

yes, yes of course ill be the sidekick and you can be the gordon liu.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan
    im glad to see there is another person who feels the duty to the weak. those who cannot fight vampires, demons, werewolves, and zombies on thier own. i have trained hard for this day, and now that the time has come, i am ready to show my skill and defeat the enemy of man.

with that said, buy me a plane ticket gene (im sure you could sneak it into an expense report) and ill be there to whoop that guy right along side you.

it will be just like Shaolin vs. Evil Dead.

yes, yes of course ill be the sidekick and you can be the gordon liu.
    dude, you must be a pretty big movie fan, cause that thing sucked. But just wondering:how does it end? or does it

And that is the hijack of the year, I think gene was pretty scared of this and now even more cause nobody is gonna have his back on 6-06-2006.

And Gene you are just worried because you decided not to invest in the proper head gear.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

That's gotta be some of the finest viral marketing ever in print ~G !

lol, well, good battling to you. I will seek to contain my own demons through the power of tequilla and tostados on that particularly unholy day.

I also want to see the omen again because it's a cool scary movie! But I'll likely rent it, because I'm satanically cheap that way.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

lord of the universe should have term limits.

i'd say its time for a regime change.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht
    lord of the universe should have term limits.

i'd say its time for a regime change.
    Hehehe 6-6-6 ... hohoho ... all these conspiracy theories, Mary Magdalene and Omen.

The only conspiracy is too many people destroying the planet. And they didn't even have to think or plan very much to pull that one off.

hijack attempt 2

I can tell that gene is the only one here truly dedicated to the solid eradication of evil.

where in mans heart lies the determination to do right?
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan
    I can tell that gene is the only one here truly dedicated to the solid eradication of evil.

where in mans heart lies the determination to do right?
    The only way you get rid of evil on this planet is by doing away with humans. Therefore, no, personally, I am not interested in the eradication of evil, since that's otherwise known as genocide.

I hate to burst you bubble, Gene, but I'm not buying the whole apocolypse bit. People cried wolf for 2000 and that has soured whatever fear/respect I have for any sort of prophecies. I guess since the millenium I've been tempered for death. However, I see no reason for alarm. I find most Christian ideas to be a bit hokey at best (however, that doesn't mean that I'm against it. Diff'rent strokes, diff'rent folks). I think it's just in there to keep you god-fearing. Even the most devout christian has relapse and needs a check from time to time. What better way than a trivial number that represents impending doom, suffering, and eternal ****ation.

I think we are currently witnessing the downfall of christianity, so it may represent the end of religion and the beginning of "Sin" a.k.a. a non-christian lifestyle. If god really wanted to punish us he'd make our death very long and drawn out. Suffer for your sins through the slow eradication of the human race. There is no greater pain than watching/enduring a loved one dying, but you have to live to experience that pain.

I don't understand why god and religion must be based on such fear and control. Sure, they say god in is all things beautiful, but we know him better for the ****ing one from the book of revelations. I believe that religion should be choice, but spirituality is a must. Live by a moral code of ethics, treat others with kindness, and have compassion for the suffering of others and I think that you won't have to worry about a spot in a firey lake of tungston. Scratch going to church because you should be in practice at all times.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

What's funny is that Calendars are arbitrary and have at times been manipulated for political reasons.

For instance, we use the Gregorian Calendar which replaced the Julian Calendar and those were created anew to seperate them from the other calendars in use when they were created.

The thing is, it's not really the year 2006 you see. Calendar is a perspective thing. To the Chinese it's a different year altogether, to the Jews, another one again, to teh orthodoxy it's a different year and the real year that we as human beings have been here is unknown.

It's handy to make it to work on time, and it works good for solar eclipses and other celestial events, but numerologically speaking, this calendar we use has as much validity as any really just because it IS arbitrary and and invention.

so, 6-6-6 is just a figment of your imagination and revelations were written by an old man in a hot desert sun, no wonder they're so fractious.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I think we should be more concerned with the Date December 21st 2012.
    That is when the Mayan calendar Ends.

june 6 2006 is the release of the re-make of the "omen" WHY they had to remake this movie ill never know. Hollywood has lost its creativity these days.

Peace,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword
    I think we should be more concerned with the Date December 21st 2012.
    That is when the Mayan calendar Ends.
    actually, that's when it rolls over and starts again as far as teh record of "long time" goes.

besides, the maya have a few calendars, there is the record of long time and that covers the planets movement around the center point of the galaxy according to our realtionship to position in the milky way.

there's the record of the annual year that we know or teh solar calendar which is 360 +5 days long. The 5 day taked to the end are considered unlucky days.

and there is the ritual 260 day calendar which works in tandem with the solar calendar. This cover the 260 days of gestation and is used more for birth records and such.

the whole "worlds gonna end" thing based on the mayan calendar isnonsense blurted out by some halfwit von daniken like person upon perhaps hearing only the first sentence of a lecture on the topic or reading one page fo a book without reading the rest. lol

There is a lot of context that is lost when information is disseminated by alarmists.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

You know, hate to point out the obvious here, but have you ever considered the alternative translation of apocalypse, which is: A prophetic disclosure; a revelation.

The 'Bible' is a really bad translation. I mean, have you ever tried reading 'Revelations'? How anybody could assume reading that they know what it's saying or anything? It sounds like jibberish.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    it is the responsibility of every martial arts practitioner to keep the peace. I advise all members of the forum to actively engage 6-6-6, to seek out potential trouble spots and be ready to fight the good fight.
    its on bi tches.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChingAfter my research and study of Revelations, I personally believe I know where the antichrist, or one of his minions, will manifest in San Francisco. I plan to be there, ready to beat him back to hell if need be. If anyone wants to join me there, please do. If not, please find your own antichrist. [URL="http://www.thefillmore.com/artist_detail2.asp?event_id=218388"
    On 6-6-6, I'm preparing for apocalypse here.
    Well, Gene, after conducting my own research I must disagree with your pick as the antichrist. There can be only one, and I shall name him.

http://www.realchange.org/bushjr.htm
    Last edited by Hard Fists; 05-23-2006 at 09:52 AM.