Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: 6-6-6

gene

come on, ya didn't even rip me for being a day off. Well my rebuttle(even though ya didn't notice) is that I was calling for the demons early. I was already planning the war. You had me psyched man.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

i wanted zombies
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Gene,

Of course the antichrist *has* to be a better guitarist than Steven Seagal -- I mean, you saw Crossroads, where the Devil's guitarist was Steve Vai. Then again, Ralph Macchio beat the Devil's guitarist in a "cuttin' heads" guitar showdown in that movie -- maybe Ralph Macchio is the Antichrist?
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Li Kao
    Gene,

Of course the antichrist *has* to be a better guitarist than Steven Seagal -- I mean, you saw Crossroads, where the Devil's guitarist was Steve Vai. Then again, Ralph Macchio beat the Devil's guitarist in a "cuttin' heads" guitar showdown in that movie -- maybe Ralph Macchio is the Antichrist?
    im pretty sure ralph didn't play a single note in that little duel with vai.

as far as I know, It was vai playing both sides.

in which case, it's vais teacher satriani that has a name that sounds like satan and also you can't see whta his hands are doing.

having said that, al dimeola prepared the way, and Chet Atkins was the first demon out the gate in this new era. Prior to that, It was paganini, mozart and Liszt (who wrote the mephisto waltz and this is still to this day one of the most high level difficulty pieces to play.

practically satanic.

anyway...no rapture eh? *looks up at sky* hmmmph, foolish humans.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

hmmmm, I knew you'd find me. so yeah, I admit, I'm the anti-christ.
    You know, you sound like a looney. It does not disturb me that it was 6 6 06 two days ago. I find the bible a great read. with what? christian's getting nailed to crosses, wars, hoylier than thou art type stuff, and that fairy tale they have at the end about dragons and stars and of course, my favorite person to talk about, the anti-christ. California....phhhfftttt. One giant health bar. Full of fruits, nuts, and flakes.
    It is not always the fastest sword that cuts the deepest...

I was ready...

The signs were right. I came home on 6/5/6, and my home was full of flies, just like in Amityville Horror. Our bosses, the Oh's, were just about to have their first grandkid. Man, if that kid was born on 6/6/6, that would have been just messed up (fortunately, it was 6/5/6 at 11:53 PM - close, so close...) Seagal had such potential. I'm glad I was there waiting, just in case.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    Steven Seagal is not the antichrist. The antichrist is a better guitarist.

I blew off the interview with him because he wanted to do it after the show. It was already past midnight and that took the 6-6-6 fun out of it. Besides, I'm still sick and I need my beauty rest. Mr. Seagal's press agent seemed very confused by my rejecting the offer.
    he's playing here in like a week and a half. you wanna call his press guy and tell him you're gonna send me to interview him?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

supposing you interview seagal.

what would be the first question you pose to his magnificance?
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Considering the interview would be largely music related, my first question would be what made him decide to start a band, followed by asking how long he's been playing.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

~G, don't throw hamburger meat in the trash and leave it there for three days. That's where your flies are coming from. lol

It's always 12 o'clock somewhere.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

you're gonna send me to interview him?

SevenStar, do I want to subject you to that? Hmmm. It seems like a punishment and you haven't been *that* bad

You'll find Seagal's press contact info here. If you fill out that email, you'll get an email back saying you filled it out and that's about it. If you call one of those numbers, you might get some action. That's what I did but they never contacted me back. As most of you know, I do some moonlighting in the music scene here, so I was working the show anyway as a favor to a friend (and I was curious, of course). Just as I was about to leave, the press agent found me and told me Mr. Seagal was willing to do the interview, but I was sick and tired, and after the concert, well, I just couldn't bring myself to be there any longer.

SevenStar, if you honestly want to pursue this, IM me and we'll see what we can do.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Hel Satan is cool!

He's got that big red cape and a big trident that he carries around with him. He's also got that prince of darkness thing going for him!

im pretty sure ralph didn't play a single note in that little duel with vai.

as far as I know, It was vai playing both sides.

close, but it was: Vai vs Ry Cooder. (the Chairman Mao of slide guitar.)
    Master...Teach me kung fu.

I emailed you, gene.

maybe he IS the antichrist - he has the skill to be, at least in these clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu7aauJuQHY&search=Segal

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht
    Sign From Heaven? Meteor Changed History

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/pac...ory&floc=wn-ns

A team of Swedish geologists has found what it believes is the crater made by a meteor that streaked across the sky and crashed into the Earth in 312 AD. If they're right--and carbon dating has already backed them up on it--this is a meteor whose presence may have changed the history of the world, asserts the BBC News Online.

The scene: Central Italy in the year 312 AD.
    The main character: Constantine, who was preparing to invade Italy in a battle with Maximinus Daia for control of Rome.
    The plot: A celestial vision that changed history.

Before the battle, Constantine looked heavenward and saw a blazing light streaking through the sky. He interpreted the shocking sight to mean only one thing: It was a message from the Christian God, a kind of celestial vision. Constantine immediately converted to Christianity. He ordered his soldiers to paint the "Chi-Ro" symbol of Christ on their shields.

Eusebius, who was one of the Christian Church's early historians, wrote about the conversion of Constantine. He described the vision as a "most marvelous sign" and "a trophy of a cross of light in the heavens above the Sun, and bearing the inscription 'conquer by this.'"

The battle for Rome was very lopsided. Maximinus' troops defending the city were four times as strong in number as Constantine's troops. But Constantine was the victor, and he became the Roman emperor. He ordered that persecution of Christians cease and gave Christianity official status--a big boost for a fledgling religion.

Fast forward to 2003: The Swedish geologists, led by Jens Ormo, located the crater that they say was formed by the impact of a meteor as it slammed into the Earth. Radiocarbon dating places it around the year 312 AD.

Ormo speculates that Constantine's celestial vision was actually that meteor. Such meteors occur only once every few thousand years, but Constantine had no way of knowing this. Ormo told the BBC News that the meteor would have smashed into the Earth with the force of a small nuclear bomb and would have been accompanied by a mushroom cloud and shockwaves.

And here is where the BBC News ponders this fascinating question: What if the meteor hadn't streaked through the sky above Italy on that day just before that decisive battle?

~Constantine might have lost the battle without the divine inspiration he used to his advantage to become the victor.
    If
    ~Constantine did not become emperor, Christianity would not have received state patronage.
    ~The establishment of the papacy in Rome may never ever happened.
    wow talk about mixing small truths with heaping helpings of bullsh1t! lol

The last thing Constantine wanted to be was Christian. He was a pagan to the end and was converted against his will to christianity. Any religious historian worth a cup of tea nad a bagel could tell you that. THta sounds like some fundamentalist christian paplore.

Constantine used christianity as a political tool to maintain control of teh roamn empire, that is all he used it for. His god was the sun.
    Kung Fu is good for you.