Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 6-6-6

666 is 9 in numerology. Nine is the most finite number. It is always nine in numerology. No matter if it is multiplied or divided it still reduces to nine. "This is the part where John Lennon starts singing Revolution number nine and Freeda people." Okay Gene you've added to Jerusalem being in Jewish hands (1947) and there being a Jewish State. Any other goodies before the locusts start flying?

Ann Coulter's new book hits on 6-6-06, "Godless: The Church of Liberalism".

Pretty good marketing there...almost on par with Gene's here.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

BaaL

Ok, originally I started this thread as a tongue-in-cheek dig on Seagal. But something rather distrubing has occured. Apparently I've unleashed a demon. I'm very serious about this and I'm grappling with it now. Hopefully it will go away. but an exorcism might be in order. Now I'm truly beginning to worry. I'm cleaning my sword. Strange but true, swords are more effective against demons than guns. In fact, it's probably the only combat arena where this holds true.

Debating the validity of a potential threat will be a sad excuse for when your time comes. Even if 6-6-6 has no relation to Revelations, the simple fact is that some fool like Coulter or remakers of the Omen might think so. I'll be ready. I was born ready.

For the sake of posterity, I'm saving the Seagal 6-6-6 show ad text here. It's precious.
    Steven Seagal June 6, 2006 at 9:00PM Doors open 8:00:00 PM
    STEVEN SEAGAL & THUNDERBOX
    MOJO PRIEST
    Mojo n (slang)
    1. some powerful influence
    2. an object believed to have magical powers, especially the power to keep away evil spirits
    When martial arts expert Steven Seagal isn�t kicking some major ass on the big screen, the action movie star spends a lot of time creating music. An accomplished guitarist and songwriter, Seagal recently channeled blues-infused Beale Street to realize a long-held musical dream - recording a �real blues album� honoring the last of the living legends in Memphis.
    Seagal called on legendary greats as synonymous with the blues as BBQ is to Memphis� infamous Rendezvous restaurant to join him in the studio. The long list of all-star musicians lending their seasoned talent to the sessions include Bo Diddley, Ruth Brown, James Cotton, Honeyboy Edwards, Robert Lockwood, Jr., Louisiana Red, Bob Margolin, Wilie Smith, Iverson Minter, Calvin Jones, Hubert Sumlin and Koko Taylor.
    The result is the electrifying Mojo Priest. Recorded with his band, Thunderbox, and producer David Gest at the House of Blues and Sounds Unreel Studios in Memphis during the fall of 2005, the well-crafted 17-song set releases in the U.S. on May 23, 2006 on Seagal�s Nonsolo Blues label. A bonus DVD filmed at the recording sessions for the album will accompany. Mojo Priest was released to critical acclaim in Europe on April 3, 2006.
    From the first notes of the simmering opener, �Somewhere In Between,� to the mellow jaunt of �Slow Boat To China� and lively duet with Bo Diddley on �Shake,� through the album�s final three tracks-�Lockwood,� �Homesick� and �Elmoe�-candidly recorded timepieces from guest bluesman during session rehearsals, Mojo Priest showcases the finest elements of the blues.
    Spare, haunting arrangements and resonating vocals on such gems as �Dark Angel� are satisfyingly interspersed with Seagal�s high-octane, razor-sharp guitar work, such as the smoking solo on �BBQ� and griddle-hot takes on three blues standards: Muddy Waters� �Hoochie Coochie Man,� Elmore James� �Dust My Broom,� and Howlin� Wolf�s �(Little) Red Rooster.'
    A 20-city U.S. tour supporting Mojo Priest will ensue in late May and June for Seagal and Thunderbox - a mighty powerful band of brothers: Norris Johnson (keyboards), Bernard Allison (slide guitar), Harold Smith (guitar), Edward �Hot� Cleveland (drums), Armand Sabal-Lecco (bass) and Angel Rogers (background vocals).
    Recognized around the world as one of Hollywood�s leading action heroes, starring in and producing over 20 films, Seagal can dazzle and decimate with his patented self-defense moves. A former bodyguard with exceptional skills in Aikido, Karate, Judo and Kendo, Seagal studied Zen in Japan and was the first American to have opened a martial arts school in the Asian country. His film credits include the blockbuster hits �Above the Law� (1988), �Under Siege� (1992), �Executive Decision� (1996), �The Patriot� (1999), �Exit Wounds� (2001) and the recently completed �Submerged� and �Today You Die� (2005).
    If you think Seagal is pretty good at defeating the bad guys on film, you should see him on guitar. While his enthusiasm for storytelling and over-the-top performances continues to bring his characters to life on screen, the seventh degree black belt Aikido master has been using his hands to play music long before he became an actor. His lifelong dedication to martial arts is rivaled only by his devotion to the guitar and the inspiring power of music.
    A vintage guitar fanatic with one of the biggest collections in the world, Seagal grew up playing with blues musicians near his home in Detroit and has gone on to perform with such iconic players as B.B. King, Bo Diddley, Albert Collins, Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown and Willie �Pine Top� Perkins. Able to whip out the meanest, grittiest blues licks this side of Chicago or Memphis, Seagal�s accomplished musicianship sets him apart from his contemporaries in the acting world that have tried their hands at music.
    Mojo Priest, the follow-up to his Songs From The Crystal Cave, a #1 seller in France, is a testament to his skill dedication and love of the blues.
    'Blues is my real passion, and I've always wanted to do a blues record,� Seagal says. �I've had very close relationships with a lot of the great legends, many of whom I had the fortunate opportunity to play with.'
    The actor admits he was a little overwhelmed with the people he was able to persuade to join him in the studio for the Mojo Priest sessions, which included members of Muddy Waters� legendary band. 'It has been an emotional, powerful experience,� Seagal says of the creation of Mojo Priest, �We had folks that were there, in my opinion, at the real beginning of the blues.'
    But he regrets that some of his heroes died before he got the chance to work with them.
    'Little Milton, Gatemouth Brown and RL Burnside were friends of mine and they were all scheduled to play on this record, but they all suddenly passed away. We lost three within a month. They will be missed.'
    Tickets are $25.00 general admission.
    Extremely limited table & chair seating.
    All Ages.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

~G

There's a lot of demons in the world already.
    Many men let them occupy their souls and lead their lives and decisions for them.

One more into the world is just one more to make fall.

So unsheath your swords lads, it's a demon hunting time!!!

...in june that is... the 6th, meet by the well of souls at 6 am
    Kung Fu is good for you.

****, we gonna go kill some zombies? im down. i read the zombie survival guide back to back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Gene it's the two edges of the athame coming together as a point that directs the sha chi making an athame or sword so effective.
    Back to the topic. All the forces of evil in the universe came together sometime between '57 and '60 in Miami Fla. during a taping of the sinatra show when he and elvis did a duet together.

Mephistopheles

"Why this is hell, nor am I out of it. Think’st thou that I, who saw the face of God, And tasted the eternal joys of heaven, Am not tormented with ten thousand hells In being deprived of everlasting bliss?"
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

OMFG.

Not this crap again.

Ah who the hell cares... on 06/08/06 (two days after the end of days) I'm driving down Hwy 666 from Colorado to New Mexico...

Bring the **** on sissies!!!!
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

well, technically, 668 is the neighbour of the beast. You know ...he drives that blue car and keeps his shades drawn all the time.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Just curious if anybody on here had ever taken college level English, English 1B or whatever, and had done explication of poetry?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    well, technically, 668 is the neighbour of the beast. You know ...he drives that blue car and keeps his shades drawn all the time.
    lol i thought of iron maiden as soon as i saw that.

666 the number of the beast, hell on earth is bound to be released.... or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist
    Didn't 6/6/6 happen 2000 years ago?

This will be 6/6/2006.

Too bad the first two digits are both 6, so it's the same whether you use the American format (month / date / year) or the European format (date / month / year).

yeah, but we also use a two digit year - 06/06/06, and you know when talking or writing, we typically omit leading zeroes - 6/6/6
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    Ok, originally I started this thread as a tongue-in-cheek dig on Seagal. But something rather distrubing has occured. Apparently I've unleashed a demon. I'm very serious about this and I'm grappling with it now. Hopefully it will go away. but an exorcism might be in order. Now I'm truly beginning to worry. I'm cleaning my sword. Strange but true, swords are more effective against demons than guns. In fact, it's probably the only combat arena where this holds true.

Debating the validity of a potential threat will be a sad excuse for when your time comes. Even if 6-6-6 has no relation to Revelations, the simple fact is that some fool like Coulter or remakers of the Omen might think so. I'll be ready. I was born ready.

For the sake of posterity, I'm saving the Seagal 6-6-6 show ad text here. It's precious.

kinda weird how he has a house here and is in this blues infused city, yet it's rare that you hear about him having a gig here. He is playing here sometime in june though, so I may check him out.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

i bet he sucks but everyone is afraid to tell him.

they think he'll arm choke them or something.
    where's my beer?