Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: 6-6-6

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht
    dude!! what the fu(K?!

yeah, that kinda weirded me out. So far, so good though. we'll see what happens on my night job tonight.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

anyone get zombie reports yet? none here. lots of road blocks up in the city i work in for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan
    i hate you.

I love you. In an apocolyptic devlish zombie kind of way, but tehreyou have it. and I hardly even know you.

but seriously, slayer? dude, that band pu the "ey!" in Ghey.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

haha.

i thought they put the gh in there.

i want to see steven seagal in that old celebrity death match show they used to have. vs. saaayyy.... jet li.

haha

a MA only celebrity death match.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Eventually, the world probably WILL end. What will happen is some scientist in some secret lab somewhere will go, "Hmmm ... what does this do?" If life on Earth is lucky it will just be something much bigger than an H-bomb and spreads a ton of dust and debris, causing the next ice age. If life on Earth is not so lucky it will decimate everything.

You know, with the N-bomb, a lot of people weren't sure what it would do, if it would cause some chain reaction and destroy everything or if it would be a dud and not work at all. Yet they still went ahead and created it, and then used it.

What does that tell you about humans?

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    yeah, that kinda weirded me out. So far, so good though. we'll see what happens on my night job tonight.
    now im not the superstitious type but im creeped out for you. thats some coincidental ****, and im sure psychologists will have a rational explaination involving the minds influential semi-telepathic ability during REM involving beta waves and whatnot, a couple hundred years from now.......but i'd be checkin every priest an witchdoctor out from here to joi'sey.....

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

lol....i could say we were very desperate during WW2 for a decisive attack neil.... with the extreme loss of life that had already occured but i know thats booolsheeeet. we mostly jus' wanted a big fu(kin boom to brag about.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Only 7 1/2 more hours before the end. Enjoy life while you still can.
    Figure Eight

Real Meaning of '666': Not What You Think

http://channels.isp.netscape.com/wha...=20060605-1332

The Biblical reference to the number "666," which just so happens to be the date June 6, 2006 (06-06-06), is not an indication of the apocalypse or Satan as popular culture contends. Instead, it's a numeric code for a feared Roman Emperor, according to Greg Snyder, an associate professor of religion at Davidson College, who teaches classes on early Christian life and literature. Among these courses is one titled "The Book of Revelation and the Apocalyptic Imagination."

Revelation 13:18 ascribes the number "666" to the beast that rises from the sea and says it is also "the number of a man." Since the second century, the number and identity of the malevolent, apocalyptic figure it supposedly identifies has been the focus of endless speculation. Low-church Protestants with an apocalyptic streak favor explanations that identify 666 with the Pope. However, Snyder insists that the best explanation comes from the ancient practice of "gematria," or number mysticism. Gematria assigns numerical significance to letters of the alphabet, e.g., a=1, b=2, c=3 and so on. This can be carried out in any phonetic language, and from the ancient world, there are examples in Greek, Latin and in Hebrew. If you transliterate the phrase "Nero Caesar" into Hebrew characters and assign numerical values those characters based on the rules of gematria, the sum turns out to be 666.

So in the Book of Revelation, the number probably refers to the nasty ruler responsible for a vicious, but short-lived, persecution of Christians in the city of Rome in the years A.D. 64 to 65. The belief that a re-animated Nero would come back from the dead is attested in other ancient literature. As such, "666" refers to something in the past, not in the future. But the number, like the ultimate villain to which it supposedly refers, has taken on a life of its own.
    Last edited by FuXnDajenariht; 06-06-2006 at 04:53 PM.

interesting side-note

Sign From Heaven? Meteor Changed History

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/pac...ory&floc=wn-ns

A team of Swedish geologists has found what it believes is the crater made by a meteor that streaked across the sky and crashed into the Earth in 312 AD. If they're right--and carbon dating has already backed them up on it--this is a meteor whose presence may have changed the history of the world, asserts the BBC News Online.

The scene: Central Italy in the year 312 AD.
    The main character: Constantine, who was preparing to invade Italy in a battle with Maximinus Daia for control of Rome.
    The plot: A celestial vision that changed history.

Before the battle, Constantine looked heavenward and saw a blazing light streaking through the sky. He interpreted the shocking sight to mean only one thing: It was a message from the Christian God, a kind of celestial vision. Constantine immediately converted to Christianity. He ordered his soldiers to paint the "Chi-Ro" symbol of Christ on their shields.

Eusebius, who was one of the Christian Church's early historians, wrote about the conversion of Constantine. He described the vision as a "most marvelous sign" and "a trophy of a cross of light in the heavens above the Sun, and bearing the inscription 'conquer by this.'"

The battle for Rome was very lopsided. Maximinus' troops defending the city were four times as strong in number as Constantine's troops. But Constantine was the victor, and he became the Roman emperor. He ordered that persecution of Christians cease and gave Christianity official status--a big boost for a fledgling religion.

Fast forward to 2003: The Swedish geologists, led by Jens Ormo, located the crater that they say was formed by the impact of a meteor as it slammed into the Earth. Radiocarbon dating places it around the year 312 AD.

Ormo speculates that Constantine's celestial vision was actually that meteor. Such meteors occur only once every few thousand years, but Constantine had no way of knowing this. Ormo told the BBC News that the meteor would have smashed into the Earth with the force of a small nuclear bomb and would have been accompanied by a mushroom cloud and shockwaves.

And here is where the BBC News ponders this fascinating question: What if the meteor hadn't streaked through the sky above Italy on that day just before that decisive battle?

~Constantine might have lost the battle without the divine inspiration he used to his advantage to become the victor.
    If
    ~Constantine did not become emperor, Christianity would not have received state patronage.
    ~The establishment of the papacy in Rome may never ever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht
    Real Meaning of '666': Not What You Think

http://channels.isp.netscape.com/wha...=20060605-1332

The Biblical reference to the number "666," which just so happens to be the date June 6, 2006 (06-06-06), is not an indication of the apocalypse or Satan as popular culture contends. Instead, it's a numeric code for a feared Roman Emperor, according to Greg Snyder, an associate professor of religion at Davidson College, who teaches classes on early Christian life and literature. Among these courses is one titled "The Book of Revelation and the Apocalyptic Imagination."
    I remember reading a few years ago that 666 was a numerological symbol for the hated ruler Nero. Dunno how true it is though.

Revelation 13:18 ascribes the number "666" to the beast that rises from the sea and says it is also "the number of a man."
    Now, if we want to be biblical...

this man is the anti christ. notice there are three sixes. the three represents the holy trinity of the father, the son and the holy ghost. satan was unable to tempt Jesus and make him bow down. His three is a representation of his attempt to create his own trinity, since he could not have that which he wanted - his three are the devil, the antichrist and the false prophet. the number seven is used a lot in reference to God - the 7 churches, the 7 angels, 7 trumpets, 7 seals... six is a smaller number than seven, signifying that the devil is lesser than God.

Since the second century, the number and identity of the malevolent, apocalyptic figure it supposedly identifies has been the focus of endless speculation. Low-church Protestants with an apocalyptic streak favor explanations that identify 666 with the Pope. However, Snyder insists that the best explanation comes from the ancient practice of "gematria," or number mysticism. Gematria assigns numerical significance to letters of the alphabet, e.g., a=1, b=2, c=3 and so on. This can be carried out in any phonetic language, and from the ancient world, there are examples in Greek, Latin and in Hebrew. If you transliterate the phrase "Nero Caesar" into Hebrew characters and assign numerical values those characters based on the rules of gematria, the sum turns out to be 666.
    lol, guess I shoulda read your whole post first. yeah, this is what I read concerning nero.

So in the Book of Revelation, the number probably refers to the nasty ruler responsible for a vicious, but short-lived, persecution of Christians in the city of Rome in the years A.D. 64 to 65. The belief that a re-animated Nero would come back from the dead is attested in other ancient literature. As such, "666" refers to something in the past, not in the future. But the number, like the ultimate villain to which it supposedly refers, has taken on a life of its own.[/QUOTE]

I dunno if it's that simple though... that only explains away the three -6 portion of the beast. what about it's seven heads and 10 horns? what does that pertain to? The followers of the beast all also will be marked with 666 on either their arm or forehead. Did nero brand people?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I told you about the freakiness with my kids. Well, last night I was heading to pick one of them up from daycare when I see a truck in the opposite lane (we were on a two lane street) swerving within its lane, like the driver was either drunk or sleep. When the truck got about 50 feet away from me, it swerved into my lane, as if it was gonna hit me head on. I swerved out of the way and then the truck went back into its lane, still swerving, but within his lane.

at work, I talked to this bum. no different than normal at first - they always roam around, trying to beg drunk tourists for money. They offer to walk them to their cars, throws their trash away, dance for them, etc. for some change - usually so they can go score another hit - but some of them actually need it for food or for the local shelter. Anyway, I'm talking to this one and he asks me for some change. I tell him no and he brushed it off. I noticed some shady looking guys and he asked me if I noticed them, as apparently he noticed them too. He said, "guys like us, we pick up on things - quick. you are a different breed. you are a warrior... you are a demon."

Ordinarily, I wouldn't have thought twice about it, but all this crap happened around 6/6/06, then a guy calls me a demon...

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

your a demon huh?

lmfao!!! aww man thats sweet dude. you are the chosen one... lol i guess if drugs fried my brain some 6 foot sumthin black dude would look like a demon to me too... but thats still sweet like bear meat tho.

but that thing with the truck is some final destination ****.

I wanted to choke pple yesterday about the 6-6-6 thing. I kept telling them that they have NOTHING to fear because it was 6-6-06! And if the world was going to end wouldn't it have happened in when it was actually 6-6-6

he Biblical reference to the number "666," which just so happens to be the date June 6, 2006 (06-06-06)
    The acutal date is 6-6-2006 which is why I find the whole drama on it annoying. The actual dat of June 6, 6 would have been 6-6-6 (or 06-06-06 if you need to put a 0 in the tens space)
    Last edited by Asia; 06-07-2006 at 04:50 PM.
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

My mistake

Steven Seagal is not the antichrist. The antichrist is a better guitarist.

I blew off the interview with him because he wanted to do it after the show. It was already past midnight and that took the 6-6-6 fun out of it. Besides, I'm still sick and I need my beauty rest. Mr. Seagal's press agent seemed very confused by my rejecting the offer.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart