View Poll Results: which woman do you like to see kick ass the most??

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • yukari oshima

1 3.23%
  • moon lee

5 16.13%
  • Lucy Lui

1 3.23%
  • Zihi Zhang

7 22.58%
  • Milla Javovavich?

1 3.23%
  • Uma thurman

2 6.45%
  • cynthia khan

0 0%
  • michelle yeoh

12 38.71%
  • maggei cheung

0 0%
  • michelle dogriguez, good girl

2 6.45%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: THE NEW POLL Favprite woman screen fighter ever

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    I have 7 dvd players so I am not worried.

And I was really hoping chung was in a movie like naked killer or body weapon or something. Just like swordfish, I will watch it all teh way through. But good enough just to keep em covered and leave me dreaming about her even more.
    This is link film Moonlee http://youtube.com/watch?v=jY0CDQ9-w...ri%20oshima%20

Z's going horror now

Despite Z's work in so many martial arts films, I've never really bought her as a martial artist.
    'Horsemen' Ride Online
    2009-03-04 15:40:19 CRIENGLISH.com Web Editor: Tian Tian

'The Horsemen', a latest Hollywood horror film starring American actor Dennis Quaid and popular Chinese actress Zhang Ziyi will be released this Friday across North America.

The film was originally slated for release last August. After some scenes were reshot last year followed by dragged-on post-production, this 'troubled' film is to finally appear in theatres on March 6, 2009.

'The Horsemen' tells the tale of a recently widowed detective, played by Quaid, who is trying to come to terms with the recent death of his devoted wife. While investigating a spate of serial killings, the detective stumbles upon a shocking connection between himself and the suspects seemingly based on the Biblical prophecies concerning the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse: War, Famine, Pestilence, and Death.

A new image of Zhang playing the role of 'Kristin Spitz', a Chinese girl adopted by an American family, can now be found online.

According to media reports, the 20 million dollar film will probably face poor box office receipts due to its limited release in North America. But some predict the film may be quite appealing to the Chinese-language film market.

'The Horsemen' is the second movie in which Zhang uses English, although as some movie critics have pointed out she has retained an accent.

As can be seen from some spooky, dark and bloody stills circulated online, this horror film may well turn out to be one of the biggest challenges Zhang Ziyi has undertaken.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

colin chou is also making the horror move. his next two pictures(i forget their names) are horror films. maybe this is a starting trend. and i agree 100% never bought zhang as a martial artist or action star she shouldnt even be on this list.

she could be on my list for famous women i want to give it to, but not martial artists. wait i jsut typed that out. oh nvm.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

If we're not only talking about Chinese females, I'd now have to add Jeeja (?) to the list. Her performance in Chocolate is very good, and as far as I know, it's her first movie; at least it's her first starring role. The fact that she isn't pretty (not to mention she's underage) should not disqualify her as a top female screen fighter.

Also, I'd like to add Meiko Kaji of the Lady Snowblood movies. She had a mean intensity that cannot be denied. You can see that Kill Bill 1 borrowed very heavily from the first Lady Snowblood movie, not to mention KB1 used LS's theme song, which was sung by Kaji herself.

I liked Azumi, but I don't think Aya Ueto much qualifies as a 'top female screen fighter', even though she inflicted a high body count.

As for Zhang Ziyi, I think she's good-looking and can act, and I like her as an actress, but I have a bit of difficulty considering her a good screenfighter. She just doesn't seem convincing to me. Of course, there are other women screenfighters with limited to no actual MA training, but many of them come off more convincing in fight scenes than Zhang, IMO.

I'm not sure if she was mentioned, but Hui Ying-Hung (Kara Hui) deserves a mention here. She was director Lau Kar-Leung's only top female fighter in his filmmaking team in the late '70s to early '80s. I was a bit surprised to learn she wasn't an actual MAist (in her own words), as she may have been involved in some of the most complex KF fight sequences ever, usually involving various classical weapons and such.