View Poll Results: which woman do you like to see kick ass the most??

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • yukari oshima

1 3.23%
  • moon lee

5 16.13%
  • Lucy Lui

1 3.23%
  • Zihi Zhang

7 22.58%
  • Milla Javovavich?

1 3.23%
  • Uma thurman

2 6.45%
  • cynthia khan

0 0%
  • michelle yeoh

12 38.71%
  • maggei cheung

0 0%
  • michelle dogriguez, good girl

2 6.45%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: THE NEW POLL Favprite woman screen fighter ever

THE NEW POLL Favorite woman screen fighter ever

I have taken in your opinions and have compiled a new list. Sorry to make rules, but you do have to vote for moon

And be sure to include your own favorites, say B. Lin, and Lily Li to think of a couple more
    Last edited by jethro; 05-24-2006 at 10:34 AM. Reason: misthpelling
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

i say lucy, cause shes a fox.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Kara Hui or Angela Mao.
    John

Have little and gain;
    Have much and be confused.

By looking at the responses so far you can tell that there is absolutely no asian fetish present in these forums. Zero.

I voted for Ziyi by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Talking oh-man asian fetish, I'll tell you what. Maybe I shouldn't, I'll get in trouble

chum kil very sorry about mao ying. She should have been first. A definite FIGHTER!!!! So she is definitely a choice if anybody wants to write that in instead. I didn't include pei-pei cause she is too old school. that is pretty much where it started. But I am a disgrace for leaving out the deadly china doll.

also-I will be sure to tally them up if a bunch of Ms. Hapkido's votes come in.
    Last edited by jethro; 05-24-2006 at 02:05 PM.
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

yukari oshima cause she was in riki oh!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Gotta say Michelle. My first Gong Fu crush was on Michelle Yeoh when I saw her star next to Jackie Chan in... something, can't remember what now. A few years later she became a bond girl and the resulting "centerfold" that Kung Fu Magazine produced from that movie graced my wall for years until it was torn down in a Gong Fu related accident... One that left a 1 meter wide hole in the same wall...

Also Michelle Yeoh may not be as cute as some of the girls on the list but she is a serious stunt woman and the things she has gone through for her movies put her into a league occupied by very few people.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

The only thing is women can't fight like they do in the movies. It's not realistic the way they portray them.

I have to say my least favorite, though, was Uma Thurman because her sword work was totally bogus. She should have had at least 3 years more training to begin to make it look semi-realistic.

yeah, it is hard to tell if they can actually fight. Stupidly, I didn't put the great Angela Mao Ying on there, but I just go by who looks the best. Yeoh working with woo-ping and jackie really helps. And speaking of looking the best, yeoh would easily beat out teh others up there in terms of looks.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    Gotta say Michelle. My first Gong Fu crush was on Michelle Yeoh when I saw her star next to Jackie Chan in... something, can't remember what now. A few years later she became a bond girl and the resulting "centerfold" that Kung Fu Magazine produced from that movie graced my wall for years until it was torn down in a Gong Fu related accident... One that left a 1 meter wide hole in the same wall...

Also Michelle Yeoh may not be as cute as some of the girls on the list but she is a serious stunt woman and the things she has gone through for her movies put her into a league occupied by very few people.

I have to agree. Also, Michelle brings a sort of serious steadfastness to her characters that I find sexy.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

I have to go with Zhang Ziyi even if her training is in dancing and not martial arts. but if i had to pick who i'd like to see her fight it would be gong li (even though, to the best of my knowledge she has no fighting experience theatrical or otherwise). i don't even care who wins i just want to see them fight. in a mud, or jello pit. thats all i have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt
    I have to say my least favorite, though, was Uma Thurman because her sword work was totally bogus. She should have had at least 3 years more training to begin to make it look semi-realistic.
    If this thread was on worst performance in fight coreography it would look like a whose who of kill bill.

#1 Uma: Gawky and uncoordinated, doesn't seem to know how to hold a sword let alone wield it.

#2 Lucy Liu: No good.

#3 The woman in the knife fight at the beginning of the movie... I think her last name is Foxx: Also uncoordinated though not as bad as Uma.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

SimonM,

I'm with you on the girls in Kill Bill looking very awkward in many of the fight scenes -- the movie still had a great style and flair, but that did hamper it. And while we are on Lucy Liu, I have to say that she was much more convincing in the Charlie's Angels movies than either Cameron Diaz or Drew Barrymore. I thought Kate Beckinsale looked really clumsy at times in Van Helsing as well. I know that all of these actresses did training before the movies and worked hard to make it more convincing, but you can only do so much in a short amount of time.

Since I brought up Charlie's Angels, I nominate Karen Mok for her performance in Corey Yuen's version of Angels -- "So Close". In my opinion, she stole the show from both Shu Qi and Vicky Zhao in that one. I also loved her as Turkey in Stephen Chow's "The God of Cookery" and Jet Li's "Black Mask" -- she is a stunning beauty who seems to really pull off the whole "ugly duckling" character (thanks to the wonders of movie makeup).
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

SimonM,

Too funny, but I also had the same kind of crush on Michelle Yeoh as well. And I think it was the same movie too -- "Supercop" (aka Police Story 3). The one that really won me over was "Wing Chung" because she had the leading role and it was funny in that movie she would dress up to look like a man. I also had her Bond Girl poster on the wall ... she has really aged well and still looks as good or better in her recent movies alongside younger actresses. I really didn't care for her short hair look in some of her earlier movies (Yes Madam, Royal Warriors, Magnificient Warriors) and I'm not too crazy about her latest movies (The Touch, Silver Hawk) but she will always have a special place in my heart.
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Li Kao
    SimonM,

I'm with you on the girls in Kill Bill looking very awkward in many of the fight scenes -- the movie still had a great style and flair, but that did hamper it. And while we are on Lucy Liu, I have to say that she was much more convincing in the Charlie's Angels movies than either Cameron Diaz or Drew Barrymore. I thought Kate Beckinsale looked really clumsy at times in Van Helsing as well. I know that all of these actresses did training before the movies and worked hard to make it more convincing, but you can only do so much in a short amount of time.
    I completely concur. I had sort-of blanked Charlies Angels out of my memory because it was such a useless movie. I never watched the sequel. Better or worse?

Jet Li's "Black Mask" -- she is a stunning beauty who seems to really pull off the whole "ugly duckling" character (thanks to the wonders of movie makeup).
    She was great in Black Mask. That is one of my top 5 jet li movies. I also suspect that it was a source for a lot of the coreography in the Matrix.

Too funny, but I also had the same kind of crush on Michelle Yeoh as well. And I think it was the same movie too -- "Supercop" (aka Police Story 3).
    Supercop! That was it! I loved that movie. New Police Story is also pretty good too.

I also had her Bond Girl poster on the wall ...
    Betcha yours wasn't retired after your brother threw you through the wall though eh?

and I'm not too crazy about her latest movies (The Touch, Silver Hawk)
    Haven't seen Silver Hawk but I quite liked The Touch. I thought they flubbed the ending a little bit.
    Simon McNeil