View Poll Results: which woman do you like to see kick ass the most??

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • yukari oshima

1 3.23%
  • moon lee

5 16.13%
  • Lucy Lui

1 3.23%
  • Zihi Zhang

7 22.58%
  • Milla Javovavich?

1 3.23%
  • Uma thurman

2 6.45%
  • cynthia khan

0 0%
  • michelle yeoh

12 38.71%
  • maggei cheung

0 0%
  • michelle dogriguez, good girl

2 6.45%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: THE NEW POLL Favprite woman screen fighter ever

Simon, Your A Movie Person! I Get To Throw A Bit Of Movie Knowledge At You You Probably already Know. Yeoh Did Her Own Stunt When She Drove The M.cycle Off The Ramp Onto The Moving Train in supercop Jackie Had To Top Her, Thats Why He Tried To Kill Himself Hanging From The Chopper. A Movie Martial Artist, But Tough. She Has Earnd The Right To Make Her Own Movies. Haveb't seen her latest 2 but have heard A LOT of mixed reviews.

And zihi zhang and gong li going at it, asian fetish overload. But personally, I would like to see a B. lin and gong fight. Or all 3, with yeoh choreographing them. My head has just exploded.
    Last edited by jethro; 05-27-2006 at 11:33 AM.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

IMO, the female film fighter who I've seen pull off the best, most intense screen fights is probably Moon Lee (Li Sai-Fung). Especially in the "Iron Angels" films. Most of the time she isn't allowed to show her stuff, however (The Protector, Mr. Vampire, etc.). Her final fight with Yukari Oshima in the first Iron Angels (a.k.a. Midnight Angels) was possibly the best 1 on 1 female fight of all time, though it was fairly short it was well-choreographed and wickedly brutal.

Hsia Kuang-Li should also be on the list. She is the star of The Woman Avenger, and co-starred with Tan Tao-Liang in Leg Fighters. Though she made only a few films.

Angela Mao-Ying was great, especially in her early years. She lost her onscreen "killer instinct" after only a few films, however. I always liked her as a performer, but at the risk of offending some, her screen fighting never really impressed me like she impressed some other people...not quite sure why.

Another good but unmentioned female screenfighter was Yang Pan-Pan, who was in Roar of the Lion, Duel of the 7 Tigers, Kid from Kwangtung, and a few others. Only a few films, but when she was good, she stood out.

jimbo

if she is your fav., vote for her up there. She is the reason I created this poll!!!

Also-if you look through the favorite MA star of alltime, I got a couple ramblin topics for ya
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo
    Another good but unmentioned female screenfighter was Yang Pan-Pan, who was in Roar of the Lion, Duel of the 7 Tigers, Kid from Kwangtung, and a few others. Only a few films, but when she was good, she stood out.
    Ah Roar of the Lion.

I love the scene where her boyfriend tries to fight all the martial arts masters in the Lei Tai.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Thumbs up

You got me all mad mentioning roar of lion and I haven't seen it. Well, I found it in my collection, "Lion vs. Lion". Great Kung Fu Movie.

Watching "the undaunted wudang" last night and the girl in there deserves consideration. After her short trainng(exhibition), I was ready to call her queen. Another awesome movie. In fact there are a lot of mainlnd chinese movies where they use real wushu performers and they are great but we never hear from them again.

And jimbo-Mao Ying has some great performances----enter the dragon, Hapkido, BROKEN OATH, but she does give me that feeling she is not fast enough to make it look good on screen. But she was spectacualr in aat least a few movies.

Absolutly have to go with Moon Lee! She moves great and her stunt work could rival any one in the biusness. Too bad most of her films were low budget and shot like crap.

some comments and a question

[QUOTE=SimonM]If this thread was on worst performance in fight coreography it would look like a whose who of kill bill.

#1 Uma: Gawky and uncoordinated, doesn't seem to know how to hold a sword let alone wield it.

I loved uma. a little lanky, but was good enough to perform what the the movie required.

#2 Lucy Liu: No good.
    Agreed, but HELLA HOT!!!!!!!!

#3 The woman in the knife fight at the beginning of the movie... I think her last name is Foxx: Also uncoordinated though not as bad as Uma.[/

Even hotter is vivica fox, but that was a great fight. It's chicks fighting man, you are not going to see perfect form.

Li kao-is chinese charlie's angels any good. And that reminds me, I left off the hottest one around today, CHRISTY CHUNG!!!!!!!!!

Jethro,

"So Close" (or as I like to call it, the Hong Kong Charlie's Angels) was a guilty pleasure kind of movie for me. On the plus side, it was fairly high budget for a HK film. It was nice to see some fight scenes with veteren Yasuaki Kurata (most recently in Jet Li's "Fist of Legend" but also a classic Shaw Brothers villian, including one of my favorite Gordon Liu movies, "Shaolin Challenges Ninja"). And of course, the girls looked, well, incredibly sexy.

On the negative side: the usual cheesy plot, annoying romantic sidestories (although the lesbian dynamic between Karen Mok and Vicky Zhao was a twist), and unbelievable, over-the-top action. It's a Corey Yuen flick, so that could be a plus or minus, depending on how you like his films.

Personally, Karen Mok really won me over in her performance -- she plays a tough-as-nails detective and is just so darn ... plucky, for lack of a better word. There is a lot of wirework in this film, and it's very much a fluff piece, but I still liked it, for what it was.
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

corey yuen-not a fan of legend and thought "my father is a hero" was just ok, but I love corey yuen but let me make sure I got all this straight before I thank you. High budget, hot, lesbian women, and Kurata(legend of a fighter) fighting with them. Thank you so much, I am sure I will have thoughts on this one.

I will pick it up when I get a chance. Is there any special editions out with like cast commentary?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...v=glance&n=130

[QUOTE=jethro]
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    Li kao-is chinese charlie's angels any good. And that reminds me, I left off the hottest one around today, CHRISTY CHUNG!!!!!!!!!
    There is a made for tv movie from taiwan that is actualy called Asian Charlies Angels. It was kind of cheesy but also kind of funny and with 3 hot babes including Christy Chung how can you go wrong?

fyi, that quote is how my mind works. I see chinese charlie's angels and then for some reason Christy Chung comes to mind. I guess I thought she woud just automatically be one of them.

Worth seeing at least once in my opinion.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1001821963/

Question

I will definitely check that out. I don't remember a lot of parts I liked in red wolf, but her scenes made that movie, I can watch it again and again.

do you know any movies where she goes halle berry(swordfish)? Maybe this movie?
    Last edited by jethro; 05-31-2006 at 11:28 AM. Reason: for editing purposes

I almost forgot about So Close! That's a great movie...IMO probably the best Hong Kong action-type movie post-1990s. I also liked Karen Mok the best of the three. She doesn't come across as a "stunning"-looking beauty, but she was very, very sexy nonetheless, in a more real sort of way.

Jethro:
    I agree there were a few Mao Ying films where she looked good in fights. She was the first internationally-known female empty-hand fighting star of movies (that's a mouthful!), so she deserves that recognition. Her classmate, Chia Ling (Judy Lee) sometimes came across as more believable at her best (The Crane Fighter). Probably because she was taller than Mao Ying.

I really like Yukari Oshima too, but like many stars, her performances depended on being in good movies...esp. her fights with Moon Lee were great. Also good in The Outlaw Brothers.

sweet

I have 4 movies on my mind right now and they will remain there for a while.

Iron Angels(can't find it)

angel terminators 2(KF cinema gave it 5/5 and it has moon and yukari)

Charlies angels(part 1 and 2 come with it? Do I have to have a vcd player)

So Close(I readily can get this, and will!)

Jimbo-mao ying was great in hapkido, but it would really be hard to find somebody better overall with how many movies she was in. It's sad that we only have a few examples like So Close and Wing Chun where the woman is the star of the movie. I mean I have to admit, I am really itching to see another moon lee fight. BTW-Bury Me High(moon lee, corey yuen, yuen wah) is no good. I will stick with recommendations and not buy the cheapest dvd's there are.
    Which reminds me, that retard who told me to watch the black sheep affair, DO NOT watch that one people.
    Last edited by jethro; 05-31-2006 at 08:19 PM.