View Poll Results: which woman do you like to see kick ass the most??

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • yukari oshima

1 3.23%
  • moon lee

5 16.13%
  • Lucy Lui

1 3.23%
  • Zihi Zhang

7 22.58%
  • Milla Javovavich?

1 3.23%
  • Uma thurman

2 6.45%
  • cynthia khan

0 0%
  • michelle yeoh

12 38.71%
  • maggei cheung

0 0%
  • michelle dogriguez, good girl

2 6.45%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: THE NEW POLL Favprite woman screen fighter ever

Iron Angels was renamed Midnight Angels by Xenon corp. several years ago, but I don't think it's available anymore. There was II and III as well. It's a pity that except for the Bruce Lee/Jet Li/Jackie Chan/Crouching Tiger stuff, most kung fu-type movies are only limited-releases for sale.

If you can find it, there's a video called Deadly China Dolls, a documentary about the female screen fighting stars, with interviews with Mao Ying, Michelle Yeoh, Judy Lee (Chia Ling), Yang Pan-Pan, Yukari Oshima, etc. I saw it many years ago. It's pretty interesting, but I cannot find it in DVD! I know it supposedly was available for a while but it was from a subsidiary of Videoasia that sells for like $5 a pop. I wouldn't buy it because I'd tried another DVD from that subsidiary and it simply did not work.

deadly china dolls is on amazon. Don't know who the distributor is btu even though I can't reccommned them, all of my last 6 or so videoasia movies have worked. Secret rivals 3, rebellious reign, the invincible armor, mantis in teh monkeys shadow, even that HORRIBLE shaw legends boxed set I have works fine. But anyway, I will check out outlaw brothers when i get a chance.

Also-I edited my last post, but, nothing too interesting there
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Quote Originally Posted by jethro

Charlies angels(part 1 and 2 come with it? Do I have to have a vcd player)
    Both parts come with it. Many dvd players will play vcd's but not all so you would have to check your owners manual to see if your does.

By going all Hally Barry I asume you mean exposing her chest? I don't remember that in a movie but I haven't scene all her movies. She did a book called feel and you get a few slight peeks there. There is also a behind the scenes of make that book video.

shu

I have 7 dvd players so I am not worried.

And I was really hoping chung was in a movie like naked killer or body weapon or something. Just like swordfish, I will watch it all teh way through. But good enough just to keep em covered and leave me dreaming about her even more.
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

this should give you a little better idea about who these ladies are

yukari oshima and then some other girl is in the red dress.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UX5dd8fW4...ri%20oshima%20

Lucy lui-this will most likely result in ehr winning the poll now.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=gXcsmh3mp...rch=lucy%20liu

Ziyi Zhang-yawn
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=zBoyTQI81...h=ziyi%20zhang

milla jovovich-my dazed and confused girl
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=VtTczWV8G...%20jovovich%5C
    Wow does that movie look like crap!!!!!!!!!!

Uma thurman-this movie looks better
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=IF4PqaN2U...=uma%20thurman

cynthia khan-one of my personal favorites when it comes to fighting
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=dET34AMGT...cynthia%20khan

michelle yeoh-bond girl
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=gf_Bw0a_W...ichelle%20yeoh

maggie cheung-
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=abpKZYV3s...aggie%20cheung wtf??????

Michelle rodriguez-she has ruined one of my favorite shows, well, her and the directors/writers. Last episode was good though, and I don't remember her beign in it
    Here are the ladies who originally made the showe for me, and michelle
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=yExmhNI2O...le%20rodriguez
    Last edited by jethro; 06-05-2006 at 03:26 PM.

Charlies angels(part 1 and 2 come with it? Do I have to have a vcd player)
    If it's a pirate DVD I have seen as many as 4 movies on 1 disc. VCDs require 2 discs for 1 movie generally. But you wouldn't buy pirate DVDs would you?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

for the site that is on this thread it says parts 1 and 2, I am guessign(hoping) that means disc 1 and 2. And of course i would never buy pirate copies, though I am a raider's fan.

yukari oshima and then moon lee is in the red dress.
    That's not Moon Lee.

you are right

I thought she was looking a little too hto, and tall too. I think the clip had her name somewhere on it. She did an amazing stunt at the end, know who she is? And can you please get a me a good one of moon possibly? She is the only one I couldn't find a decent clip for.

What did ya think of the ziyi zhang commercial.

I thought she was looking a little too hto, and tall too. I think the clip had her name somewhere on it. She did an amazing stunt at the end, know who she is? And can you please get a me a good one of moon possibly? She is the only one I couldn't find a decent clip for.

What did ya think of the ziyi zhang commercial.

Funny comercial. Never would have guessed it was a visa ad. She's had better fight scenes though.

Couldn't find a fighting clip of Moon Lee. I would post one myself but I'm having problems with my video capture/edit software. Can't seem to figure it out. Anyway here is a clip that she appears in from Mr. Vampire

http://youtube.com/watch?v=suFRYY4KZ...h=mr%20vampire

I obviously liked the commercial more than you

I honestly thought it was like the greatest thing ever

But it is so surprising to see that in china they have soap operas and commercials that can showcase some of the best action. I mean that is pretty much all their movies are and they still can't get enough, I love it!

btw-I started a movie called beauty investigators last night. I don't know if you read on the thread "kickboxer's tears", but this movie is WAY better. It is stupid as hell, but imagine it as the twins from vampire effect, and they can actually fight. Yeah. I only saw 30 minutes or so and then wasn't really paying attention so I shut it off. Why, cause Billy Chow shows up at the end and I didn't knwo what the hell was going on. But I was serioously laughing my ass off...

But I can't really decide now whether oshima or lee is better, I might actually have to go with the assasin

I will go ahead and share my thoughts with you when I see this thing all the way through.

Hey, thank for the Mr. Vampire clip!

Thumbs down

btw-I started a movie called beauty investigators last night. !

Good for one viewign only.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo
    Iron Angels was renamed Midnight Angels by Xenon corp. several years ago, but I don't think it's available anymore. There was II and III as well. It's a pity that except for the Bruce Lee/Jet Li/Jackie Chan/Crouching Tiger stuff, most kung fu-type movies are only limited-releases for sale.

If you can find it, there's a video called Deadly China Dolls, a documentary about the female screen fighting stars, with interviews with Mao Ying, Michelle Yeoh, Judy Lee (Chia Ling), Yang Pan-Pan, Yukari Oshima, etc. I saw it many years ago. It's pretty interesting, but I cannot find it in DVD! I know it supposedly was available for a while but it was from a subsidiary of Videoasia that sells for like $5 a pop. I wouldn't buy it because I'd tried another DVD from that subsidiary and it simply did not work.

Midnite Angels 3

I found this as part iof the wutang collection. And man, I thought that death duel of kung fu was so bad it was good, I had no idea. Highly recommended

A fresh face

Brenda Song might not be in the league of some of the other fine ladies on this thread, but she's a TKD black belt. She's also cute, a half-Thai, half-Hmong mix.

OK, honestly, I don't know that much about her at all beyond the article we just posted on our e-zine. See Shin Koyomada: LAST SAMURAI to Last Monk in WENDY WU by Craig Reid to see who I'm talking about...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Wink

For me,it would have to be Chingmy Yau.