Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motivate me

Hybrid View

Motivate me

I need to start training again, but I can't find my mojo. Motivate me
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

SHUT THE FUK UP AND TRAIN!!!!

does that help???? as always,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Naw, that's just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon
    Naw, that's just dumb.
    Yeah, training is hella boring. I have no idea how to motivate people to train.

Personally, though, I find the greatest loss of motivation is from lame teachers and schools.

Maybe you can find a good teacher or school.

That's the idea. I'm gonna start working the pads again with some kid down here, and start training Judo again. I just need to get out of this slump I've been in. I'm being lazy right now.

go throw that kid around. NOW
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

remember how you felt after a good solid work out? or when you actually understood in depth something that you had previously had problems with?

its a great feeling, and you know it. not much can match it.

well unless you start training again, you will NEVER EVER EVER get that back.

you will just be a pile of wasted flesh, of no use to mankind, and of even less use to yourself.

train or be left behind and live in another mans accomplishments on an internet forum.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Come back to KFM.

Yeah.

That oughta do it.

Or try pr0n.

When you get carpal tunnel syndrome and just before you go blind, remember what it felt like to have the rush of somebody's hair in your wind as you sit on their face and go for the arm bar... or the thrill of the fwap of your fist against their tingly bits.

Isn't that enough? Is your mojo rising?

I found your mojo. They don't call it "sloppy seconds" for nothing.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

waterdragon, why don't you make a plan to compete in something thats, say, 3-6 months away. in whatever venue excites you the most right now, like a judo comp or something. that will give you time to get back into shape and brush up on your technique, and then gear up for the comp.

for me, there's no motivation equal to having something exciting and tangible on the calander to light a fire under my butt and get me to focus on training. there's something about knowing that somewhere out there your opponent is training hard just to kick your ass, to get you up off the couch and to the gym.

then once youre in shape and gotten in the groove, its easier to maintain.
    works for me at least, i need tangible goals.

pretend that the entire aikido school turned up at your school and torn your sign down, and trod upon it with their shoeless, stinky feet. and that you're training to go over there for the big rumble
    Last edited by Banjos_dad; 05-26-2006 at 10:05 AM.
    Master...Teach me kung fu.

this is going to suck with your weather down there but I say take up running again for starts. I just participated in a 3.5 mile race (had to walk some) but after that first mile, you remember that you hate running, but you also hate drinking and smoking and everything else that is messing with your fitness. Then when you are done, you feel great and can drink a beer and just go back to hating running. Keep doing this, until you no longer hate running. Then you are in shape.

1. Remember the first time I went to a seminar, we were rolling during one of the breaks and I tapped you several times within a few mins? Train so that doesn't happen again next time I'm in the area.

2. Or, think about this: the more time you spend on the PC and lesson training, you begin to drift more and more into the realm of the keyboard warrior...

3. rubby is in the same state as you now. When you two get together to train, you want him to puke, not you.

4. you've got a son to finish training.

5. chicks will dig you more.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

You don't need motivation, you need to do it. Once you're doing it the motivation kicks in out of habit and your nature.

Quote Originally Posted by fa_jing
    You don't need motivation, you need to do it. Once you're doing it the motivation kicks in out of habit and your nature.
    You're right. Anyway, I have 2 dudes that are going to start standup with me tonight. We're gonna do that two or 3 times a week, and Judo 3 times a week starting next week.

Oh, and so the CMA guys don't bi+ch too much, I think we're gona do Tui Shou and some bridgework alongside the kickboxing.