Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Motivate me

Well, I started doing some pullups, push ups, lunges, abs, etc. So that's a start. Gonna start working pads with some kid next week and go back to Judo in a couple weeks. Getting back in shape is going to suk ballz.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by chud
    LOL, sounds like me and my Sifu! I'm bigger than he is, but he could hand me my ass with his eyes closed! And you're right about it being motivating, it's all the proof I need in order to know that his kung fu is good.

It wasn't even my Sifu, just a more senior student. Most of the other students I've met aren't very aggressive, they wait for you to make the first move. This guy didn't bother with any of that, and I got summarily trounced because of it.

I liked it though, I could see where he was gettin me at, what mistakes I was making, and how his aggression allowed me to get a closer range a few times.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.

I remember seeing you go off to texas and some other drama, but you have fallen far from the tree.

There is probably a old thread in the training forum about howto prevent passing out from training TOO much by h20.

strike!

Life does that to ya sometimes, Yen.

You need to forge yourself in the fire of your will.

Jump rope and shadowbox.

I think you need someone to throw you, asap.

strike!

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon
    Well, I started doing some pullups, push ups, lunges, abs, etc. So that's a start. Gonna start working pads with some kid next week and go back to Judo in a couple weeks. Getting back in shape is going to suk ballz.
    you mean its going to be glorious....right?

remember, kung fu doesnt mean you can fight, it means you live your life in pain.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

I've decided to go back to Judo next week. I was trying to get back in shape and then go, but I already know it don't work that way. All I need to do is make myself show up, I'll just suffer for a month or so and I'll be back in shape.

You don't need motivation, you need to do it. Once you're doing it the motivation kicks in out of habit and your nature.

heronim

what is it?
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronim
    thats crazy.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

WD,
    PM sent
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Quote Originally Posted by fa_jing
    You don't need motivation, you need to do it. Once you're doing it the motivation kicks in out of habit and your nature.
    You're right. Anyway, I have 2 dudes that are going to start standup with me tonight. We're gonna do that two or 3 times a week, and Judo 3 times a week starting next week.

Oh, and so the CMA guys don't bi+ch too much, I think we're gona do Tui Shou and some bridgework alongside the kickboxing.

bout time you stopped being such a fockin pansy...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I like you, Sev. Don't make me shoot yo azz.