Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I hate moving", "This is what I'm drinking while watching Gracie vs. Hughes" Thr

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

The "I hate moving", "This is what I'm drinking while watching Gracie vs. Hughes" Thr

dang, there IS a character limit on Thread Titles.

Ok, this is the tri-annual Memorial Day Move weekend.

Tried to buy a house this spring but...guess what? I couldn't qualify for enough to buy something decent because I own a small business that loses six or seven thousand dollars a year.

So, with the landlords selling the house I was living in...just spent the day moving 80% of me and my girls stuff. We found a pretty nice little remodeled house still just about 2 miles from the school 100% new from the studs out so it's like, basically brand new.

Anyway, 8 minutes from the start of UFC...'60' ???? I think that's it. Haven't paid much attention to the commercials.

Currently, I'm drinking:

Allagash Tripel Reserve Belgian Style Ale (9% ABV)
    Batch #74
    Portland, Maine

Good stuff, slightly sweet with that unmistakable 'something' that makes a good Belgian taste like a Belgian. Smooth with just the barest bitter.

Shortly, I'll open

(from the bottle)

"Pauwel Kwak: Full-bodied Belgian Specialty Ale. Amber in color with beautifal foam and slightly sweet, seductive malt characteristics {sounds like my girl } Rich, ssatisfying Belgian Ale experience."

Is it me or is there something missing from that description...like...definite articles?

anyway...since these were new beers I'm saving a known favorite for last:

Flying Dog
    Horn Dog
    Barley Wine Style Ale (10.3)

very sweet and thick, a good desert or finishing beer.

now, for the fights...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Dart Excuse

back when I through league darts we always had our 'dart excuse' for when we lost:

1 - Too much beer
    2 - Not enough beer
    3 - My girlfriend dumped me
    4 - the wart on my pinkie was interfering with my release

...you get the point.

So, as I've sat and watched the ****ing commercial 3 times before they finally start this crap...I heard Mr. Gracie give his 'dart excuse'. The bit where he says if Mr. Hughes beats him with a choke or an armbar than it will be a compliment to him...that it will mean he's a good instructor.

So, I might be wrong but I think Hughes is gonna win. Probably not easily.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Is it over yet? Who won?

Dean Lister just Triangled the **** out of this dude.

I think Hughes and Gracie are up next...

there have been a number of lower card fights.

The guy from MP's old gym, Lloyd Ervin's, Brandon "The Truth" Vera beat Joe Riggs with a guillotine.

Diego Sanchez beat this Canadian dude, Allesio in a unanimous decision. The crowd was booing it but I think it was a fair call. Sanches worked his ass off and Allesio basically ran the whole fight.

more later...

good updates on the matches, but what about the updates on the drinkage?
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Quote Originally Posted by Oso
    So, as I've sat and watched the ****ing commercial 3 times before they finally start this crap...I heard Mr. Gracie give his 'dart excuse'. The bit where he says if Mr. Hughes beats him with a choke or an armbar than it will be a compliment to him...that it will mean he's a good instructor.

So, I might be wrong but I think Hughes is gonna win. Probably not easily.
    LOL! I was thinking much the same thing. We all know that there was not such thing as joint locks previouse to the Gracie invasion...

And since this is also a drinking thr[ead] - I was drinking Mike's Hard Crisp Apple. Not too bad for a 3/2 drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Spence Fisher jusk put a knee into Wyman's (sp?) head... very good fight! I love it when they leave out a few commercial repeets so there's time for an under card fight or two.

BUT: UFC will be offering the undercard fights on UFC.com tomarrow. I have no idea if you have to pay for them, but knowing Dana White, I bet you have to pay...
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Melvin Gillard just took out Rick Davis with a KO. (Dam! I was hopping he'd loose; I hate that guy... )

Drinkage Update:

Finished all beers. My girl helped me with the 2 22 oz. Belgians and I had to deal with the 12 oz. Flying Dog myself and finished with a double bourbon.

A - wouldn't 'Guillard' be pronounced as "Guiyard"???? but, whatever.

effing Dean Lister was Awesome. He's been amusing as the straight guy to Tito's crazy guy vs. Shamrock. That Triangle was amazing. More amazing was his concern for his opponent after he won. Anyone who's really taken a triangle knows that **** REALLY cuts of the blood to the brain. It was nice to see good sportsmanship at the pro level.

I was also glad to see the heavyweight match. I'd been watching these little guys fight all night going '****, they are fast' and then seeing some lower ranked heavies go at it, I felt a little better about myself. Not that I wouldn't have gotten tooled by either of them but it was nice to see some of the same 'big guy mistakes' being made.

While I really felt that Gracie was no match for Hughes, it was kinda sad to see him lose. I really hope that this fight was for some other purpose than money. It would have been nice to see Gracie win but the truth is what they were saying all night...EVOLUTION.

now, if TCMA can sit up and pay attention... Evolve ******, Evolve.

ok...done for the night.

Swick beat Riggs.

Lister beat Sakara.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

i just can't believe he never escaped side mount and then just gave up his back like that.

gracie got schooled in his own classroom.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    i just can't believe he never escaped side mount and then just gave up his back like that.

gracie got schooled in his own classroom.
    You got to remember that Hughs is a very good wrestler in his own right. We knew this was going to be a battle of the grapplers. But Gracie doesn't have any recent experience with ground and pound. It's very easy to get wrapped up in the fact you're getting hit in the head and not fight back intelligently if you are not used to having to...

Quote Originally Posted by Oso

Tried to buy a house this spring but...guess what? I couldn't qualify for enough to buy something decent because I own a small business that loses six or seven thousand dollars a year.
    You can add depreciation back into your adjusted gross income. If thats not enough, with good credit scores you can state your income, get 100% financing and have the selling party pay all your closing costs.
    Bloodninja: I stomp the ground, and snort, to alert you that you are in my breeding territory.

depreciation of what?