Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hughs Dominates Gracie!

Hughs Dominates Gracie!

Wow!

Spoiler: Hues got the win by ref stoppage at 4:39. Had Royce on his belly and was ground and pounding him from behind. Very Nice!

But OMG, does Royce have some friggin' flexable joints. Matt had him in a solid armbar. Most likey made it pop, but Royce still managed to keep it going through shear will power and managed to roll his shoulder just enough to slip it out.

I meen, that elbow was bent at least 10 degrees past hyper extention!
    Last edited by Becca; 05-29-2006 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Was all but demanded...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Spoiler: Hues got the win
    The ****ing thread title's a spoiler!

It's too late for me thanks but ****ing delete it won't you?

Nope. The thread title is stating the inevitable. How Hughs won is the spoiler.
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

If you missed the fight, as I did, it's on youtube.com. Yeah basically Hughs dominates...

Seeing as how he escaped the arm bar by basically haveing superhuman flexibility, does that mean MMA guys will now adapt intense Yoga practice into thier regimes?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    Seeing as how he escaped the arm bar by basically haveing superhuman flexibility, does that mean MMA guys will now adapt intense Yoga practice into thier regimes?
    That arm popped. He kept fighting because he has heart, not super-human flexibility.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Has thier been any discussion about the injury?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    Some of us already do.

Glad to see Matt win. The ****ing guy is a Human Pit Bull. Pound for Pound the strongest/best fighter around, hands down.
    John

Have little and gain;
    Have much and be confused.

Was it a good fight or did go to the mats right from the start?

Hughs owned him...as soon as Gracie got popped in the head he went stupid..was my least favorite fight.. the Fisher/ Wiman fight was really entertaining..and the move Fisher used to knock him out with was a crazy flying knee/clothesline

Quote Originally Posted by svenfeynord
    Fantastic! Did go to the mat quick, but it took a few minutes, and there were some nice standing exchanges. Gracie's high kicks are pretty sloppy, but he had the guts to throw one or two out there. Many ground fighters won't. He never really had Matt in anything dangerouse, but he did a good job of making it hard for Matt. But one Matt had Royce's back it was just a mater of time. The ground and pound game is just not something Royce has any experience in...

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt
    Hughs owned him...as soon as Gracie got popped in the head he went stupid..was my least favorite fight.. the Fisher/ Wiman fight was really entertaining..and the move Fisher used to knock him out with was a crazy flying knee/clothesline
    Hughs didn't "own" him... The fight went exactly as predicted: went to the mat quick and was a scramble from hell untill one mad a mistake. Royce made one first...

Quote Originally Posted by svenfeynord
    Royce landed some inside leg kicks with one a little high on the inside leg near the groin which causes Matt to withdraw several steps while he shoots a quick look at the ref . Matt scores with a couple of leg kicks. Matt rushed in behind some punches with Royce tieing Matt up. Royce knees Matt to the body. Matt, being shorter, lands two knees that are below the belt. The first bends Royce over.
    They stay standing and move towards the center of the ring while still clinched. Royce throws an elbow which Matt ducks under and exposes his side to Matt. Matt muscles them both down where Matt lands in side control. Royce refuses to tap from a keylock armbar which was nasty while the other arm is trapped between Matt's knees. Royce momentarly gets half guard twice but it never was tight nor was he in a position to do anything. Royce turns to avoid some body shots and Matt quickly gets his back. With both hooks in and driving his hips down, Matt flattens Royce then delievers some GnP to the sides of Royce's face. Not being able to do anything but cover up the fight is stop with around 30 or seconds left in the first round.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching