Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hughs Dominates Gracie!

we must have seen different fights...at what point did Gracie have any control in that ring...Hughs Dominated him, without question..there wasnt a moment in that match where Gracie wasnt on the defensive....(ok besides the little chump shin kicks)

Quote Originally Posted by Becca
    Nope. The thread title is stating the inevitable. How Hughs won is the spoiler.
    Not funny. The title is a spoiler.

My post in the Who Will Win thread stated Hughes, but it wasn't inevitable, no fights ever are, and your thread title is frankly, a bit out of order.

The link has been dismantled at youtube.com.

If anyone has downloaded it, etc...and you don't mind sharing...please PM.

Best,
    Kenton

P.S. My son was born and fight night was our first night home!!! Priorities!
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Quote Originally Posted by sihing
    If you missed the fight, as I did, it's on youtube.com. Yeah basically Hughs dominates...
    That match was definately worth watching though. Watching royce fight always makes me feel better about MY crappy kicking skills.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

that's not bad at all for royce

its normal for old mma champs to get badly beaten by younger fighters.

remember the ff fights:

ken shamrock vs tito ortiz
    mark coleman vs pete williams
    bas rutten vs kevin randleman
    maurice smith vs kevin randleman

Quote Originally Posted by couch
    The link has been dismantled at youtube.com.

If anyone has downloaded it, etc...and you don't mind sharing...please PM.

Best,
    Kenton

P.S. My son was born and fight night was our first night home!!! Priorities!

Its still there.... just pop in "hughs gracie" in the search section at the top of the page...
    Good fight...some might not have thought so with it going to the mat so quick....as a spectator of the sport , as long as its dynamic on the groud (which this fight was...) I'll enjoy it

it was all Hughs

Once Gracie backed up close to the fence . ( hard to slip a clinch with you're back up against the fence) that's (IMO) when the grappling really started. off course Gracie went to his back (the guard)..... Hughs had all the offense... but did anyone see how close Royce Gracie came to getting an armbar when he got his legs up and just about over Hugh's head ......(it happened close to the end of the match...)

I've seen Royce do that so many time (he let's his opponent over press while in the guard, then snatch's him like a python in some type of submission hold)

Hughs wasn't having any of that...

Blog Entries
    Now I remember why I haven't watched UFC in like 10 years.

1) Unbelievably crappy stand up game.

2) 2 guys rolling on the floor for 90% of the time.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz..........

I'd rather watch K-1 anytime.

If you go to the UFC website you can see an interview with Royce Gracie after the fight. He is drinking a bottle of water with the arm that was locked. He obviously didn't break it or even impair its functioning from the fight.

When I watched the part with Hughes putting the arm bar on, all I could think of was how Royce has had this done to him everyday of his life by his dad, uncles, cousins, nephews, brothers, etc, and it isn't going to make a difference today. That guy has crazy joint flexibility.
    A unique snowflake

One thing I noticed, was how relaxed, and unaffected Royce seemed while his arm was locked. It was almost like he was like "Ok, nap time till this guys gets board of this". It was like he wasn't worried in the least and was just laying there letting hughs play.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

And the douche bag of the year award goes to:

Becca, for fukkin' up my anticipation to rent the DVD. I intentionally stayed away from bullshido for this reason, and even they were kind enough to alert a spoiler. I bet you got snail trail in your panties for being the first to screw up everyone else's fun...
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

anyone got another view of the "arm popping"?

I need to see the gore

oh, Becca you should of started with a vid instead of the spoiler....
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    One thing I noticed, was how relaxed, and unaffected Royce seemed while his arm was locked. It was almost like he was like "Ok, nap time till this guys gets board of this". It was like he wasn't worried in the least and was just laying there letting hughs play.
    that's experience
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Was it a good fight or did go to the mats right from the star
    LOL @ thinking a fight is only “good” if it is standing.

He never really had Matt in anything dangerouse, but he did a good job of making it hard for Matt. But one Matt had Royce's back it was just a mater of time. The ground and pound game is just not something Royce has any experience in...
    Royce has years of experience in that type of G&P. That is the whole strategy of BJJ (pass the guard to side mount, work for knee ride/mount, take the back, strike/submit from the back). He’s just not used to being on the receiving end.

Hughs didn't "own" him... The fight went exactly as predicted: went to the mat quick and was a scramble from hell untill one mad a mistake. Royce made one first...
    It was sad to see, but Hughes completely pwn3d him. Hughes had a very tight ground game and Royce made a bunch of mistakes. That match made Royce look like he has forgotten the very techniques he teaches his students. The lack of basic technique from Royce (one's that he teaches) was astonishing to me.

that's not bad at all for Royce
    It’s extremely bad for Royce. He got pwn3d at his own game. It would have been much better if he would have been KTFO’ed during a standing exchange.

its normal for old mma champs to get badly beaten by younger fighters.
    It’s not normal for a 5th degree BJJ BB to get completely dominated the grappling and positioning game on the ground. Getting beaten is one thing. Getting dominated technically in something you are supposed to be a master at is completely different.

Once Gracie backed up close to the fence . ( hard to slip a clinch with you're back up against the fence) that's (IMO) when the grappling really started. off course Gracie went to his back (the guard)
    I've seen Royce do that so many time (he let's his opponent over press while in the guard, then snatch's him like a python in some type of submission hold).
    LOL!!! Royce NEVER had Hughes in his guard

but did anyone see how close Royce Gracie came to getting an armbar when he got his legs up and just about over Hugh's head ......(it happened close to the end of the match...)
    There was no arm bar threat there. Best case scenario, that move could have gotten Royce out of bottom side control.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 05-29-2006 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptinPickAxe
    And the douche bag of the year award goes to:

Becca, for fukkin' up my anticipation to rent the DVD. I intentionally stayed away from bullshido for this reason, and even they were kind enough to alert a spoiler. I bet you got snail trail in your panties for being the first to screw up everyone else's fun...
    Glad I could be of assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it