Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Hughs Dominates Gracie!

Quote Originally Posted by couch
    P.S. My son was born and fight night was our first night home!!! Priorities!
    Congrats man!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud
    Just like I've said in the past wrestling, grappling, is all good till you get older.
    Nonsense. No more so than many styles of kung fu. There are many old old judo and jujutsu teachers. And look at Knifefighter: isn't he an old ****er?

Of course age matters, but no more so in grappling than most other MA. And certainly if you compare it to boxing, most karate, TKD, Thai, or most kung fu where they never even fought in the first place it's got a much longer life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    And Becca, echoing mat and CPA well done for the spoiler in the title . Pls dont do it again...its just common courtesy for others who havent seen it.
    Don't waste your breath man, it's obvious the rude bast**d just thinks it's funny. Basic netiquette, man, jesus.

Don't think it's funny. Was borderline drunk when I posted the thread and wasn't thinking about the fact the title itself saw a spoiler. I don't know how to change the title, or I would... You want me to delete the whole thread, I will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Becca, I wouldn't worry about it. By now, everyone knows the deal, and how the fight went.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Becca
    Don't think it's funny. Was borderline drunk when I posted the thread and wasn't thinking about the fact the title itself saw a spoiler. I don't know how to change the title, or I would...
    See, if you'd have explained that in the first place, maybe said sorry, and deleted/reposted the thread after my (the first) complaint, then that would have been great, and wouldn't have p!ssed anybody else off!

You want me to delete the whole thread, I will.
    Quote Originally Posted by RD
    Becca, I wouldn't worry about it. By now, everyone knows the deal, and how the fight went.

mat

you haven't called the authorities, have you?
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Quote Originally Posted by funny bast**d
    you haven't called the authorities, have you?
    Try, f**k you.

It's not just me, and it's basic ****ing etiquette all over fight forums. End of ****ing story. If she had've deleted it in the first place, or even just hadn't peppered her first reply to mine with smileys I'd've dropped it a long time ago.

Some of us already do.

us? since when did you do mma?

as for RD's question though, it's no secret that rickson is into yoga and endorses training it.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time...
    No, it won't.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud
    Just like I've said in the past wrestling, grappling, is all good till you get older. Size and strength matter when it comes to the ring. Gracie showed great skill and the fact he didn't tap out when he was in that arm bar proves how great he is.

The fact is when you got a young buck slamming you with all he's got the older grappler who is on his back doesn't stand a chance

Perhaps is he had better stand up fighting skill he would of done better. I was impressed with his flexibility in his training vid but it takes years to hone your stand up skills
    it takes years to hone any skill. Age is a factor in any venue, not just grappling. Younger strikers maul older strikers all the time. It's just life's vicious cycle.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

mat

if you call the cops, she is probably gonna be let off with a warning, might not be worth it.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

1. Royce needs to train with people who are actually trying to KO him if he wants to fight that way.
    he does. Have you ever watched him roll with a punch? there's some boxing there.

since you are an mma person... how many of his fights have you actually seen a punch phase him? very few. there is a reason for that.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht
    congrats on your new addition couch!!
    yeah no **** ... congrats my man.

its a weird paradox .... the best thing in your life just happened to you, but it'll seem like you make nothing but sacrafices. it can make you very tired sometimes, but every first step, every smile, and every hug makes it all worthwhile.
    where's my beer?

In addition to the Hughes/Gracie fight, I also enjoyed seeing John Alessio stuff Diego Sanchez's takedowns.

gracies skills are old. in japan they get dominated. bj penn beat 2 or 3. hoyce isnt the end all of end all. bj penn also beat matt hughes. watch pride instead. more talent there
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.