Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hughs Dominates Gracie!

Quote Originally Posted by Mat
    Nonsense. No more so than many styles of kung fu. There are many old old judo and jujutsu teachers. And look at Knifefighter: isn't he an old ****er?

Of course age matters, but no more so in grappling than most other MA. And certainly if you compare it to boxing, most karate, TKD, Thai, or most kung fu where they never even fought in the first place it's got a much longer life.

Don't waste your breath man, it's obvious the rude bast**d just thinks it's funny. Basic netiquette, man, jesus.
    Hey Mat, the point that I was making is that when you hit 40 youre just not going to have the same speed and strength as someone who knows just as much as you do.

Infact Mat H. just had a better well rounded arsenal than Gracie, watching Hoyce's pre fight training his stand up was that of an intermediate kick boxer.

Having mastered better striking ability would have helped him out a great deal, it might of been a better fight but Mat H. is just a younger stronger and better athlete.

The days of all you need to know is jiu jitsu, well those days are over. If youre not well versed in every area of combat you will lose.

greencloud.net

ok i'm gonna say something that will be regardes as heresy:
    perhaps--and this is pure speculation--some of the producers persuaded one of the parties to not give 100 % in order to set up a future rematch??

HUGHES/GRACIE II --
    coming soon on pay-per-view

on a serious note, my guess is that royce is used to taking his time, and matt is used to getting the job done quickly.
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat
    Nonsense. No more so than many styles of kung fu. There are many old old judo and jujutsu teachers. And look at Knifefighter: isn't he an old ****er?

Of course age matters, but no more so in grappling than most other MA. And certainly if you compare it to boxing, most karate, TKD, Thai, or most kung fu where they never even fought in the first place it's got a much longer life.

Don't waste your breath man, it's obvious the rude bast**d just thinks it's funny. Basic netiquette, man, jesus.
    Hey Mat, the point that I was making is that when you hit 40 youre just not going to have the same speed and strength as someone who knows just as much as you do.

Infact Mat H. just had a better well rounded arsenal than Gracie, watching Hoyce's pre fight training his stand up was that of an intermediate kick boxer.

Having mastered better striking ability would have helped him out a great deal, it might of been a better fight but Mat H. is just a younger stronger and better athlete.

The days of all you need to know is jiu jitsu, well those days are over. If youre not well versed in every area of combat you will lose.

greencloud.net

It would be nice if Rickson stepped back in now, or is he not in the same weight class?

Quote Originally Posted by gabe
    Take a guy that weighs as much as you, is four inches shorter or so, pack him with muscle, give him tons of agility and ground mobility, make him a wrestling champ, add tons of matwork and experience, put him on top of you and see if you can get him off or escape.
    well then i'd be fighting a very stocky midget and i still wouldn't be royce gracie. im sure it would be funny though.

Quote Originally Posted by ray pina
    who won was not a surprise, just thought the wet noodle would have wiggled for more than that
    right right

Quote Originally Posted by royal dragon
    Maybe the "Fix" was in?
    thats what i was gettin at ....
    where's my beer?