Thread: Cleansing

Question Cleansing

I am looking to do a Spring cleansing. I have spoken to a couple of different people about how healthy this is for the body. What products are out there or do I even need them?

Garlic, water.

I think pretty much any kind of cleansing package or product is probably not as good to use as something you can make up for yourself.

What kind/how "deep" of a cleansing are you talking about?

strike!

Many cleansing programs use fruits and vegetables as caloric intake during the process. Theres probably 1,000 different cleansing/detoxification methods out there, and just as many products or "kits". Personally, I dont feel that the kits are necessary.

Find yourself a good program that makes sense for what you are trying to accomplish, and make a trip to the produce sectoin of the grocery store with list in hand! =)

Hello Lee,

this i a herbal formula you can make at home. It will clean and balance you Liver system. In Spring time the "Liver Fire" rises up and people get anger very easly. This happens because there are a lot of impurity in the body and specially in the Liver/Gallblader energetic system. This is a european formula made by TCM master Yves Requena. I find the herbs very easly in a portuguese herbs shop so i think you will also find them in US.

. Pulsatilla vulgaris (Pasque Flower)
    . Chelidonium majus (Celandine)
    . Peumus boldus (Boldo)
    . Vitex agnus castus (Chaste Tree)
    . Marrubium vulgare (Horehound)
    . Equisetum arvense (Horsetail)

Put 30g of the herbs (in equal parts - 5g each) on 1L of boiled water for 15 minutes (like making tea). Drink 3 cups every day for 2 months. If you wake up in the night for toillet then drink the last cup before dinner.

You should start the cleansing treatment in February/March but you can start later. Because the nature of the plants is "Cooling" you should not do this treatment in Winter/Autumn because it will coll down your body too much. If you feel cold during Spring/Summer time then this formula is not for you.

In TCM this formula is indicated in: Liver Fire, Liver Yang rising, Damp-Heat in the Liver/Gallblader, Liver Internal Wind with Heat, Liver Qi Stagnation with Heat.

The formula works very well but the taste is very very bad (you get use to it after 2/3 days).

Enjoy,
    Jorge