Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Origins of Taoist Alchemy?

well ... i dont know from where to start mantis 108 ... it´s difficult for me to express my self in english ... for the taoists everything in the universe is made of the same essence, the same energy so ... what we can see in the nature and stars we can also see it in the humans ... thats why they always use the nature to explain the human behaviors ... when taoists talk about North Star they talk about our instinct that guide us during life ... connecting with the North Star means connecting with our instinct and our true nature ...

the taoists believe that when we born we receive from the "heavens" a "destiny" ... this "destiny" is not something that we must do in this life but is "the way" we should live this life, our nature, our North Star that show us the path we must walk.

when we born we are in perfect harmony with this "destiny" ... thats why a baby is so pure ... but when we grow up we get influences from the material world and we loose this connection with our instinct and with our "North Star" ... to live in health and to grow as individuals we must find again "the way", we must reconnect with "destiny", we must live following our own nature and insticts that we had born with ... we must follow the North Star that is inside of us ...

this is the main point of taoist meditation, qigong and taiji ... when you live by your own nature your are in harmony with the "heavens" because the "heavens" gave you that nature so ... if you are in harmony the "heavens" you are in harmony with everything and that is what some call "illumination". "illumination" in nothing more then living by the "heavens will", by you own nature.

taoists believe when you live following the North Star you live by the same padrons then wind, rain, plants, animals, stars, whatever ... so you dont have to racionalize your living ... everything flows in perfect harmony because you are part of that harmony... everything happens the way it should ...

i hope you can understand what i said and that this make sense to you ... i can go in deep explanations and a lot of more detailed theory about any specific question you have about this ...

Enjoy,
    Jorge

Hi;
    New to site & love ti from what Ive seen.
    If any or you chi gong--qigong--alchemy players what a bit of odd!
    I found it & would like an honest & insightfull bit of thought.
    Here is the url-- http://www.ioi.ie/~creature/Akashic.htm
    This is prt 2 url -- http://hem.bredband.net/arenamontanu.../akashics.html

Beleave it or not I found these hanging out in the JEET Kune Do section!

Quote Originally Posted by milojai
    Hi;
    New to site & love ti from what Ive seen.
    If any or you chi gong--qigong--alchemy players what a bit of odd!
    I found it & would like an honest & insightfull bit of thought.
    Here is the url-- http://www.ioi.ie/~creature/Akashic.htm
    This is prt 2 url -- http://hem.bredband.net/arenamontanu.../akashics.html

Beleave it or not I found these hanging out in the JEET Kune Do section!
    Hi milojai,

LOL!! The first link did not lead anywhere, the second is interesting, but if you search a bit more carefully you will find it is information about the game, Mage: The Ascension, by White Wolf

The first line of the page states, "The Akashic Brotherhood Tradition book for Mage: The Ascension is now available. A lot has gone into the book, but we couldn't fit everything. Here's some supplementary material on our martial mage friends. It comes from the author of the supplement and has the Mage line developer's stamp of approval."

Mage may be found at this link:

http://www.white-wolf.com/mage.html

This link is a page where the link you gave is hosted:

http://hem.bredband.net/arenamontanus/mage.html
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 06-28-2006 at 01:44 AM.

Thank you for that info:
    I knew of the game--I was wounder if there might be some code
    or clue & they realy were Acashic!That would have made it unique!
    Im sure you do chi of some sort --Id be happy to tell you of the
    Fong Ha---Paul Dong--Choi---Ping seeYu method for the info!
    Dojosa;
    Milojai

Smile Hi Alquimista,

Quote Originally Posted by alquimista
    well ... i dont know from where to start mantis 108 ... it´s difficult for me to express my self in english ... for the taoists everything in the universe is made of the same essence, the same energy so ... what we can see in the nature and stars we can also see it in the humans ... thats why they always use the nature to explain the human behaviors ... when taoists talk about North Star they talk about our instinct that guide us during life ... connecting with the North Star means connecting with our instinct and our true nature ...

the taoists believe that when we born we receive from the "heavens" a "destiny" ... this "destiny" is not something that we must do in this life but is "the way" we should live this life, our nature, our North Star that show us the path we must walk.

when we born we are in perfect harmony with this "destiny" ... thats why a baby is so pure ... but when we grow up we get influences from the material world and we loose this connection with our instinct and with our "North Star" ... to live in health and to grow as individuals we must find again "the way", we must reconnect with "destiny", we must live following our own nature and insticts that we had born with ... we must follow the North Star that is inside of us ...

this is the main point of taoist meditation, qigong and taiji ... when you live by your own nature your are in harmony with the "heavens" because the "heavens" gave you that nature so ... if you are in harmony the "heavens" you are in harmony with everything and that is what some call "illumination". "illumination" in nothing more then living by the "heavens will", by you own nature.

taoists believe when you live following the North Star you live by the same padrons then wind, rain, plants, animals, stars, whatever ... so you dont have to racionalize your living ... everything flows in perfect harmony because you are part of that harmony... everything happens the way it should ...

i hope you can understand what i said and that this make sense to you ... i can go in deep explanations and a lot of more detailed theory about any specific question you have about this ...

Enjoy,
    Jorge
    Very interesting. Thanks for sharing that.

Warm regards

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Western alchemy has Hellenic rather than Kemetic (Egyptian) foundations. While it developed in Alexandria, Alexandria was, at the time, very Greek. The association of Alchemy and Hermetism with Egypt was a popular one in the classical period when the Hermetic writings were dated as contemporary to Moses and hence Hermetism understood as a parallel Egyptian tradition to the Judeo-Christian. This thesis has long since been debunked though, and the Hermetic writings are now dated to the early centuries of the common era, and are thematically Greek and Jewish.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher M
    Western alchemy has Hellenic rather than Kemetic (Egyptian) foundations. While it developed in Alexandria, Alexandria was, at the time, very Greek. The association of Alchemy and Hermetism with Egypt was a popular one in the classical period when the Hermetic writings were dated as contemporary to Moses and hence Hermetism understood as a parallel Egyptian tradition to the Judeo-Christian. This thesis has long since been debunked though, and the Hermetic writings are now dated to the early centuries of the common era, and are thematically Greek and Jewish.
    Thats new. I know all the references we have to Alchemy being from Egypt are Greek and nothing from the Egyptians themselves but I didn't know the academics are saying it IS Greek. Wiki doessn't say that, does it? Where did you get that info?

I assumed the Egyptians just did what the Catholic church does nowadays and hides the alchemistic symbolism in the structures of the buildings that way you need a certain amount of insight already to see it and use it. I wonder if the academics took that into account like the temple at Luxor. Huge storehouse of alchemy symbolism in its structure.
    Give me immortality or give me death!

Quote Originally Posted by DarinHamel
    I didn't know the academics are saying it IS Greek.
    Yeah, since Isaac Casaubon's analysis of the Corpus Hermeticum in the 17th century.

Slightly OT

Daoists talked about the external and internal dan (waidan & neidan) mostly as longevity formulas. External would be pills and such. Internal were qigong regimens. These are fundamentally elixirs of life. It reminds me of Western Alchemy and the Philosopher's Stone, which is also defined as a life elixir, as well as something that turns metals into gold. Which is why I'm posting this here...

Chinese Scientists Find A Way To Transform Copper Into “Gold”
    Posted on 2018/12/23

By Luke Miller,
    Legend has it that alchemists of times gone by were able to turn lead into gold and create elixirs that gave them eternal life. Some say this was just legend, others say the methods were protected by highly initiated adepts of the sacred art. Either way, this feat has now come close to coming to fruition, only using copper as the base metal instead of lead.

Sputnik News Reports: A group of Chinese scientists from the Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics has published research in the journal Science Advances, which describes how they managed to turn regular copper into a material “almost identical” to gold and silver. The metal, which the scientists obtained as a result of result of their experiment was capable of serving as a catalyst for a reaction producing alcohol from coal — something only precious metals such as gold are capable of doing

Researchers bombarded a piece of copper with a stream of hot and electrically charged argon gas. The procedure charges its atoms, making their electrons more dense and more stable, making the resultant material closer to gold in terms of resistance to erosion, oxidisation and high temperatures.

The research paper points out that the new material based on cheap copper can replace expensive gold and silver in the production of electronic devices, which require significant amounts of these materials.

With this in mind, the gold will be no good for producing counterfeit gold, due to its density remaining the same as copper. This means the material will be far lighter than standard gold and not the best choice for fake coins and bars.

I’m Luke Miller the author of this article. I like to blend psychology and spirituality to help you create more balance in your life.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart