Thread: E-mail scam

E-mail scam

I am not sure if this is a new scam or has been going around awhile, but this is the first I have seen or heard of it, so beware.......I am sure that this goes right along with those "I have 2,000,000 that I need to transfer to a safe account, and would you help" e-mails!

I though that I would post it for everyone, not that most (hopefully any of you) would fall for this. But I received an e-mail the other day from someone claiming to be in the UK, and his wife and son will be coming to my state for 4 months. It goes on to say that his son is 11 years old and really into martial arts and wants his stay here to be filled up w/martial arts training, and would like to know my fees. And that his company would be paying the bill!

Though it sounded odd, I responded back with my fees. A couple of days later I get a response stating that he has forward this info to his company and due to fraud they do not want to send a money order or cashiers check and would like to know if I had a credit account that they can deposit the money into? And that I was to empty the account so that I could see that the money had been deposited. I guess if I emptied my account I would feel safe that they couldn't drain it if it was a scam.......a lot of good that would do! They now still have my information for a later use! LOL!!!!

Again, not that anyone would fall for this, but thought that I would pass this on!
    Last edited by azwingchun; 05-29-2006 at 12:17 PM.
    John Widener

'Understand your limits, but never limit your understanding'.

" I may disapprove of what you say,
    but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
    Voltaire

www.wing-chun.us