Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Women

Quote Originally Posted by jethro
    yeah, curious viv is never coming back. Neily holt, you are kind of scaring me now. I mean you are retreading a lot of things that that mr. anti woman has said. Relationships, can be very profitable. Look at yourself. Maybe your parents weren't a great couple, but perfect ones are a dime a dozen. No matter how much you get hurt, you should still get that urge to have a relationship and maybe get married. Didn't read your last 2 or 3 posts, but read too much of the earlier ones. Let me ask you. If you keep getting your ass kicked by people, are you gonna give up? If you keep losin at chess, will you give up at that. There are plenty of good women out there. Maybe they don't hold up to perfection. But plenty of good ones. From experience I haven't met many. But that is no reason to discount marriage and important things like that all together.
    No. Let's say you want to go to China. You really want to go to China. Everybody always says how great China is, and there are all these stories. You want to see temples and martial arts masters and all that.

So you go to China, and the place is crowded, it's stinky. You visit the temples and it's all fake -- they're just there for your money. They dress in traditional costumes to get your $$$ but they change out of them when they go home or go out shopping.

So China isn't what you thought. So if you come home, and decide not to move to China, does that mean you gave up? Does that mean you got your ass kicked?

No, it means that China wasn't what it was cracked up to be.

Well You Could Always Find A Different Country
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Well You Could Always Find A Different Country
    Whatever. I don't see the point, honestly. I've had enough women room-mates and been around my female relatives enough, been around enough of their bathroom conversations with their panties around their legs, that the thrill is gone.

Women are just people, too. No better than men and nothing special. Nothing worth signing your finances away for.

Edit.

Maybe your parents weren't a great couple, but perfect ones are a dime a dozen.
    It doesn't seem like you've been in any relationships, or you would know, that there are no perfect couples. There's always problems.
    Last edited by neilhytholt; 05-22-2006 at 10:32 PM.

Are You A Monk?
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Are You A Monk?
    No. But sometimes I watch it on T.V.

where's my beer?

How did that initial question get here? You are all very funny, but I see how I may feel intimidated.

V

Quote Originally Posted by viviana
    How did that initial question get here? You are all very funny, but I see how I may feel intimidated.

V
    Don't worry about it. This probably isn't the first place where you've run into people with 'issues'.

V, this board is filled with many people who appear to have the mental age of pubescent schoolboys. They salavate at the thought of females, while at the same time wanting to avoid contact with them for fear of catching the 'lurgey', so they huddle together in their little male groups.

Fortunately, there are also some smart martial artists here, who will give you reasonable answers and good advice. Some of them are female too.

So please, don't be put off by the pathetic behaviour of some, and stay around if you can bear it to read the decent insights and info from the others.

Sek is right of course, except in his spelling of salivate and lurgy. But he is a sociologist.

Stick around, but don't expect things to stay on topic, and don't worry about the odd death match challenge.

Talking of which, will you fight me to the death in a cage?

watch the video i posted ****ers

it is teh funny
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Sekabin
    V, this board is filled with many people who appear to have the mental age of pubescent schoolboys. They salavate at the thought of females, while at the same time wanting to avoid contact with them for fear of catching the 'lurgey', so they huddle together in their little male groups.

Fortunately, there are also some smart martial artists here, who will give you reasonable answers and good advice. Some of them are female too.

So please, don't be put off by the pathetic behaviour of some, and stay around if you can bear it to read the decent insights and info from the others.
    Sek, some of us have had girlfriends, wives, children and divorces and speak from experience, not from fear.

As I often say, I used to be afraid of women. Now I have reason to be afraid.

Edit ... and sociologist? Gimme a freaking break. When I was in college, sociologist was one step below psychologist in the 'easy major' list. I myself was a biologist, which was MUCH harder than sociologist or psychologist. If you are a sociology major and think you've got the entire world figured out, that's pretty pathetic, IMHO.
    Last edited by neilhytholt; 05-24-2006 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt
    Sek, some of us have had girlfriends, wives, children and divorces and speak from experience, not from fear.
    So do you think your experience outweighs your initial naivety and lack of wit to choose wisely or work at something?

As I often say, I used to be afraid of women. Now I have reason to be afraid.
    And again, you often saying something makes it wise? Insightful? Useful to others? There are lots of people who have positive experiences of women, or don't let negative ones colour their judgment to become generalized prejudiced nonsense.

Edit ... and sociologist? Gimme a freaking break. When I was in college, sociologist was one step below psychologist in the 'easy major' list. I myself was a biologist, which was MUCH harder than sociologist or psychologist. If you are a sociology major and think you've got the entire world figured out, that's pretty pathetic, IMHO.
    And proof positive... that has to be THE single most adolescent attempt at a p!ssing contest I've seen on here - and there's some comeptition.

And not that it's any of your business, or even relevant but since you brought it up, I'd almost guarantee that he's more highly qualified than you, and is a professional researcher in a cutting edge industry. My gag about his being in sociology is just that, cos I know the understatement'll get a rise out of him. I also know, unlike some whose world-view of life, academia AND women doesn't appear to have graduated from high school, let alone university, that whatever you study in uni doesn't necessarily make you the person you are.
    Last edited by Mr Punch; 05-24-2006 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat
    So do you think your experience outweighs your initial naivety and lack of wit to choose wisely or work at something?

And again, you often saying something makes it wise? Insightful? Useful to others? There are lots of people who have positive experiences of women, or don't let negative ones colour their judgment to become generalized prejudiced nonsense.

And proof positive... that has to be THE single most adolescent attempt at a p!ssing contest I've seen on here - and there's some comeptition.

And not that it's any of your business, or even relevant but since you brought it up, I'd almost guarantee that he's more highly qualified than you, and is a professional researcher in a cutting edge industry. My gag about his being in sociology is just that, cos I know the understatement'll get a rise out of him. I also know, unlike some whose world-view of life, academia AND women doesn't appear to have graduated from high school, let alone university, that whatever you study in uni doesn't necessarily make you the person you are.
    Whatever. I deal with a lot of people who claim to be academics and educated people, and my 'adolescent' manner of putting forth arguments has its detractors, because it's not sophisticated, it's not pretentious, it's not academic, etc.

Because honestly, I don't really give a darn what they think! I did my time in that field, and they get their $$$ from being pretentious and seeming educated. That game is a game of politics and sales. But it doesn't mean they know their ass from their front-hole, just that they have to brown-nose to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt
    my 'adolescent' manner of putting forth arguments has its detractors, because it's not sophisticated, it's not pretentious, it's not academic, etc.
    Er... I think you'll find that it's not so much the 'adolescent' manner of putting forth arguments that provokes the response. Rather, that your arguments appear to be b*ll*cks.
    Last edited by Sekabin; 05-24-2006 at 08:50 AM.