Quote Originally Posted by jethro
yeah, curious viv is never coming back. Neily holt, you are kind of scaring me now. I mean you are retreading a lot of things that that mr. anti woman has said. Relationships, can be very profitable. Look at yourself. Maybe your parents weren't a great couple, but perfect ones are a dime a dozen. No matter how much you get hurt, you should still get that urge to have a relationship and maybe get married. Didn't read your last 2 or 3 posts, but read too much of the earlier ones. Let me ask you. If you keep getting your ass kicked by people, are you gonna give up? If you keep losin at chess, will you give up at that. There are plenty of good women out there. Maybe they don't hold up to perfection. But plenty of good ones. From experience I haven't met many. But that is no reason to discount marriage and important things like that all together.
No. Let's say you want to go to China. You really want to go to China. Everybody always says how great China is, and there are all these stories. You want to see temples and martial arts masters and all that.

So you go to China, and the place is crowded, it's stinky. You visit the temples and it's all fake -- they're just there for your money. They dress in traditional costumes to get your $$$ but they change out of them when they go home or go out shopping.

So China isn't what you thought. So if you come home, and decide not to move to China, does that mean you gave up? Does that mean you got your ass kicked?

No, it means that China wasn't what it was cracked up to be.