Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tony Yang

Tony Yang

What is everyone here's opinion on Tony Yang, is he a good Sifu to learn Bagua from?
    Solid Brotha...

- Dolemite

Tony Yang is one of the nicest teachers I've met. I would learn praying mantis from him in a heartbeat.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

I never learned any Bagua, but his Baji and Mantis are excellent. Great guy. I miss that whole crew.
    Cheers
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Thats great! I live only a couple of hours from his kwoon, taking Taiji and iron palm training currently at Jing Wu, My Sifu said Tony Wang was the real deal at Bagua. What is Baji btw?
    Solid Brotha...

- Dolemite

TaiChi....

Is your Sifu by any chance Steve Morozowsky?

Yes My Sifu is Steve Morozovsky, why?
    Solid Brotha...

- Dolemite

Please tell him....

Christian from his old Tonawanda kwoon says hi and wishes him well in his old/new school.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Chizica
    Christian from his old Tonawanda kwoon says hi and wishes him well in his old/new school.
    I will tell him.
    Solid Brotha...

- Dolemite

Baji video thread (for guy who asked what baji is):

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=41125

Quote Originally Posted by B-Rad
    Baji video thread (for guy who asked what baji is):

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=41125
    Thanks, man that looks powerful. That sliding step with the palm strike looks sweet.
    Solid Brotha...

- Dolemite

http://www.wutangcenter.com/wt/bagua.html

Tony has been my teacher since 1988. He spent 8 solid years with his teacher Liu Yun Qiao and closed door teaching of Liu's bagua was part of his training.

Currently we have no public baji classes.
    "Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

Quote Originally Posted by RAF
    http://www.wutangcenter.com/wt/bagua.html

Tony has been my teacher since 1988. He spent 8 solid years with his teacher Liu Yun Qiao and closed door teaching of Liu's bagua was part of his training.

Currently we have no public baji classes.
    I think I am coming up for the tournament in october, I may compete in a couple of things, everyone here at Jing Wu has a seriously high opinion of Tony Yang.
    Solid Brotha...

- Dolemite

Please make sure you come over and introduce yourself. Things are usually pretty hectic and head judge the Yang's taiji---if there are a lot of competitors, then the event goes on forever

I can talk to you then about what we are doing (basically trying to pay rent and keep the art on the up and up).

We have a program set up (Blackbelt) and some of the students who have gone through their mantis etc. etc. are about to embark on baji training.

The schedule listed on the website has not been updated and is not accurate.

Private arrangement can always be made with Tony and his disciples.

Hope to see you in October---its ont he campus of the University of Akron and the campus has had a major facelift---looks very good---Starbucks is on campus.
    "Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

Quote Originally Posted by RAF
    Please make sure you come over and introduce yourself. Things are usually pretty hectic and head judge the Yang's taiji---if there are a lot of competitors, then the event goes on forever

I can talk to you then about what we are doing (basically trying to pay rent and keep the art on the up and up).

We have a program set up (Blackbelt) and some of the students who have gone through their mantis etc. etc. are about to embark on baji training.

The schedule listed on the website has not been updated and is not accurate.

Private arrangement can always be made with Tony and his disciples.

Hope to see you in October---its ont he campus of the University of Akron and the campus has had a major facelift---looks very good---Starbucks is on campus.
    Sounds great, I love Starbucks! I think I will probably be in "other" Tai Chi forms catergory, Hao style, and both push hands, thats probably it, might do some sparring but I doubt it.
    I have just learned one BaJi form, not sure what its called, it is a killer though, after about two trips through at speed I am exhausted, ready to drop and I think its a lower level form its not even that long but quite intense.
    Last edited by TaiChi-IronPalm; 06-18-2006 at 10:13 PM.
    Solid Brotha...

- Dolemite

Taiji-IronPalm:

Are you currently with Dr. Huang or An Tian Rong?

Just curious who you are learning baji from.