Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tony Yang

Quote Originally Posted by RAF
    Taiji-IronPalm:

Are you currently with Dr. Huang or An Tian Rong?

Just curious who you are learning baji from.
    Well I am actually not learning BaJi per se, my sifu is a mantis Shifu, and taiji Sifu but he knows one Baji form and taught it to me, and one short BaGua form, and he makes me walk circle all the time too, no one else seems to get these things or the extra torture, er application practice I mean that I get from him, I am thinking that may be a good thing, but my back arms and basically most of my body that is sore tends to disagree with me sometimes...ouch. Actually I think I get a slightly less watered down than most of the students, you know many people cant handle the traditional stuff, its intense, actually niether can I, but I am working up to it faster than I would like and apparently slower than he'd like lol. I am primarily a taiji student, I had no idea how intense taiji was/is when I started, I just thought I was going to learn some health exercise, I already had black belt in hapkido and in judo, I have to say I think taiji will be a superior fighting system to those when I get to a more advanced level due to the emphasis on issuing internal power. That being said, hapkido is great as a self defense style, its basically a combination of Tae Kyon/Tang Soo Do etc. and Aikido.
    Last edited by TaiChi-IronPalm; 06-21-2006 at 09:23 PM.
    Solid Brotha...

- Dolemite

I don't know what seminars might be held this upcoming tournament but you might want to look into it. Zhang Wei Fu has held some decent seminars over the year.

Take care and hope to meet you.
    "Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

Quote Originally Posted by RAF
    I don't know what seminars might be held this upcoming tournament but you might want to look into it. Zhang Wei Fu has held some decent seminars over the year.

Take care and hope to meet you.
    Cool I will look into it. I want to try the San Shou event but my wife thinks its too brutal, I think it would help my study to cross hands with some cats that hit for real all the time, but she is adamantly opposed to it so I wont be in that. She is kinda squeamish about full contact fighting.
    Solid Brotha...

- Dolemite

Is she the one fighting?
    And you never answered Bob, who is your teacher?
    Thanks
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com