Thread: Proof that ancient techniques can win!

Proof that ancient techniques can win!

Proper traditional stance and technique will win in the street if your opponent is not wary enough.

http://www.flipsided.com/fight-knock...eet-fight.flip

Not traditional stance, but a traditional blow.

http://www.fightclubvideos.com/video34.html

ENjOi

there's never been any question about whether or not traditional styles can work. The issue is training methods they use.

EDIT: I just went back and looked at the vids - they've been posted here before. the first one is hilarious to me. To be honest, I think he just got lucky, but there were several CLF guys who swore he was using a sow choy.
    Last edited by SevenStar; 06-01-2006 at 09:54 AM.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

in the first vid, its apparent that kid has trained in some southern style.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

no doubt. it's also apparent he's a novice. I think he just got lucky. regardless though, he won.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

traditional ma

i've trained in traditional martial arts practically my whole life. from karate to kung fu. never did any cross training shoot fighting(well a lil shoot fighting didn't like it) and let me tell you it works. i was raised in the south bronx in the eighties in nineties, up the block from the notorious bronx river projects(birth place of hip hop just had to put that in there) and i almost always had to fight, and i almost always won,well, i didn't start winning till i started training in dragon claw when i was about eleven. and ofcourse i lost when i got what we use to call a five perecenter. thats when like ten of fifteen people whip your ass like a run away slave, then take your shoes and make you walk home(luckily all that training made me fast too so i would run) anyway it's all about how you train. if you train your ma to fight and you use the right methods then you'll be able to fight if you train for form. well you'll learn how to through some nice looking kicks. BTW that naborhood i grew up in. is no where near like that now.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    no doubt. it's also apparent he's a novice. I think he just got lucky. regardless though, he won.
    Yeah, when I looked at the spacing between the white-kid and the not-white-kid I kept thinking "Man I would rip that white-kids head off with a front kick" Because they were SOOO CLOSE before they started exchanging blows.

But it goes to show you... even a little bit of training helps in the street, because most people stupid enough to start fights, aren't smart enough to learn how to fight.