Thread: Royce Gracie vs. "Kung Fu Master"

Royce Gracie vs. "Kung Fu Master"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2465&q=kung+fu

The young Royce Gracie does some nice work, though I'd hate to be rolling around on concrete doing some of this stuff.

That was no kung fu master. You don't dance like "bruce lee" in one spot with your hands by your waist. Second all he had was that little sidekick and he retreated when gracie came in insteads of leaping off the back foot and bringing his knee into his head with power. He was linear like karate, no kung fu master would fight like that. He displayed no kung fu at all. Don't believe everything you see on the internet. If it says kung fu master it probably is not, and he was not.

I agree. Wile I did see some kung fu-ish movement, it was definantly not high level, like one migh have expected from a master, or even an advanced student.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Nice succesfull casting of the "Resurrection Spell".
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Personaly I think the so called wana be Bruce Lee guy did alot better than royce did against Mat H. and it also lasted alot longer. That's all I got to say about that boys and girls.

Royce should have challenged Jackie Chan, I bet he would have put up a better fight than that too.

That kung fu master was Jason Delucia and he trains in MMA too nowadays.

http://www.jasondelucia.com/jason_delucias_homepage.htm
    I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions about SenseiDelucia's Kung Fu
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

You know, I think that's the first time I've ever seen BJJ, and I've gotta say, that makes want to add two things to my "to-do" list.

1) Learn some form of groundfighting in addition to Kung-Fu so I don't make a total fool of myself in case someone wants to play "Prison Cellmate" er- ground-grapple me in a "sport" (referreed and regulated) situation.

2) Carry a knife or other lethal weapon on me at all times when out of doors in case someone tries that in a street situation. In my eyes, if someone attacks you like that on the street, there's no such thing as "excessive force". And furthermore, I'm dubious as to the judgement of anyone who WOULDN'T stab an attacker like that on the street. Repeatedly. As soon as a guy starts trying to choke you, all bets are off. period. Who knows what the guy will try to do after you pass out? Savagery, plain and simple.
    Last edited by BlueTravesty; 06-02-2006 at 04:57 AM.
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    um, why does his 5 animals symbol have a mantis instead of the leopard?

http://www.jasondelucia.com/biography.htm
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

and why does it have the same pose as his crane, just cropped in a little different?
    Words!

Just words!

Over the years, there were quite a few kung fu fighters who took the Gracie challenge. DeLucia was the best fighter of the bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter
    Over the years, there were quite a few kung fu fighters who took the Gracie challenge. DeLucia was the best fighter of the bunch
    I have never known what to make of Jason DeLucia's kung fu, but anyone who will get in the ring and trade with Bas Rutten deserves a certain degree of respect, IMHO.