Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: taiji legacy 2006

taiji legacy 2006

I just booked my plane ticket and room for me and my sifu. who else is gonna go?
    other then gene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I'm going.
    May even fight.
    My cell and email are the same as they used to be.
    We can hang out like we shoulda the last time at the wong.
    If not, I'll take it as descrimination for being a yankee fan.
    Everyone else comin, feel free to give me a hollar and we can go do some fun stuff.
    I still say Fort Worth's downtown's worth the extra 20~30 minute drive.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

I'll be there cornering for a couple of San Shou fighters.

My Sifu is a judge and sometimes participates in the masters demonstrations.
    I may go to watch, but I won't be competing; I need to train more.

anyone else going?

should we plan a meetup? MK any good spot and itme to meet up? i never been there before.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Could someone post a link for the event. Not sure when or where it is?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb
    anyone else going?

should we plan a meetup? MK any good spot and itme to meet up? i never been there before.
    The place is relavtively small. There will be like 1,000 or so competitors, but it's a one big open room and eventually you'll just bump into people. In between sets most people just hang out in the lobby. There will be lots of vendor booths, and you can pick up weapons and uniforms (yeah Jonie Uniforms) cheap cheap cheap.

I suggest we meet up wherever Gene or Gigi is buying lunch.

Could someone post a link for the event. Not sure when or where it is?
    http://www.chinwoo.com/2006tcl/

Don't let the name fool you. This is the premiere Chinese tournament in this part of the country.

The building is within walking distance of Six Flags, The Ballpark at Arlington, and Hurricane Harbor.

It's still at the plano center right?
    That's at least a 20 minute drive from all those spots you mentioned in arlington.
    I guess Plano Station is close by so you could catch public transportation down there.

I don't mind drivin folks around when yah get down here.

In the future I'd like to start plannin some kind of yearly after party(s) for KFO members (and anybody else who wants to come), so we'd have some opportunities to hang out without the hustle & bustle of competing.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

wherever Gene or Gigi is buying lunch.

bwahahaha! Meet y'all by the nacho stand...

It'll be good to see all of you. I'm looking forward to this year immensily.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    bwahahaha! Meet y'all by the nacho stand...

It'll be good to see all of you. I'm looking forward to this year immensily.
    the f**king nacho stand huh!!! I'm down. nacho and beer!!! and pink ninjetta's!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop
    It's still at the plano center right?
    That's at least a 20 minute drive from all those spots you mentioned in arlington.
    I guess Plano Station is close by so you could catch public transportation down there.
    My bad. It was at the Arlington Convention Center the last few years.

That's why I asked; I didn't know if the site was up to date.
    Thanks for the confirmation, did a search through the site, changing the year on the folder and found that in 2003 and 2004 it was in Arlington.
    I haven't been to a Taiji Legacy since 2001.

From what I remember the set up is somewhat similar to the Kuoshu Tournament in Maryland; except no separate warm up/briefing room for the full contact fighters. I thought they had refreshment stands outside the ballroom doorway, closest to the building entrance.

I'm assuming Gene means to meet at the TigerClaw booth?

Y'all should be able to find me easily...

...I'll be that poseur dude with the camera and the nachos. Since I don't have a clue about what you all look like (except for Shaolinlueb, and for some reason, my mental image is of him in a jog bra ) so it's best if you find me. I'm easy to spot. There is no Tiger Claw Booth at Taiji Legacy. That would be in the TN office's jurisdiction and they aren't up to travelling that far.

BTW, we used to do shoots with the forum members for the review article, but we stopped because it wasn't fair to the tournament participants, et. al. However, if any forum member wants to get in the mag, they can be part of our hobo shoot. You just need to bring a dirty old gi top and a cardboard sign. I'll be sure to bring some photo releases. Shaolinlueb, you'd be a natural for this! I'm totally serious about this, just as I'm totally serious about looking forward to seeing y'all again. SLL, it's been years, hasn't it? And MK, I'm looking forward to meeting you face-to-face.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

gene, im sorry if the image you have of me is in a bra., im very sorry.

yes it has been a long time, since hoboken. will be good to see you again.

me good for the hobo shot? ok. i will bring a cardboard sign and an old kung fu top. what should the cardboard sign say? lol sounds good to me.

gene i still owe you a beer man. i never got to buy you one last time.

i also cant wait to meet MK face to face.

taiji legacy masters attending

does anyone know the list of masters attending?

i want to meet GM david chin.