Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: taiji legacy 2006

Hybrid View

taiji legacy 2006

I just booked my plane ticket and room for me and my sifu. who else is gonna go?
    other then gene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I'm going.
    May even fight.
    My cell and email are the same as they used to be.
    We can hang out like we shoulda the last time at the wong.
    If not, I'll take it as descrimination for being a yankee fan.
    Everyone else comin, feel free to give me a hollar and we can go do some fun stuff.
    I still say Fort Worth's downtown's worth the extra 20~30 minute drive.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

I'll be there cornering for a couple of San Shou fighters.

My Sifu is a judge and sometimes participates in the masters demonstrations.
    I may go to watch, but I won't be competing; I need to train more.

anyone else going?

should we plan a meetup? MK any good spot and itme to meet up? i never been there before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Could someone post a link for the event. Not sure when or where it is?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb
    anyone else going?

should we plan a meetup? MK any good spot and itme to meet up? i never been there before.
    The place is relavtively small. There will be like 1,000 or so competitors, but it's a one big open room and eventually you'll just bump into people. In between sets most people just hang out in the lobby. There will be lots of vendor booths, and you can pick up weapons and uniforms (yeah Jonie Uniforms) cheap cheap cheap.

I suggest we meet up wherever Gene or Gigi is buying lunch.

Could someone post a link for the event. Not sure when or where it is?
    http://www.chinwoo.com/2006tcl/

Don't let the name fool you. This is the premiere Chinese tournament in this part of the country.

The building is within walking distance of Six Flags, The Ballpark at Arlington, and Hurricane Harbor.

It's still at the plano center right?
    That's at least a 20 minute drive from all those spots you mentioned in arlington.
    I guess Plano Station is close by so you could catch public transportation down there.

I don't mind drivin folks around when yah get down here.

In the future I'd like to start plannin some kind of yearly after party(s) for KFO members (and anybody else who wants to come), so we'd have some opportunities to hang out without the hustle & bustle of competing.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

wherever Gene or Gigi is buying lunch.

bwahahaha! Meet y'all by the nacho stand...

It'll be good to see all of you. I'm looking forward to this year immensily.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop
    It's still at the plano center right?
    That's at least a 20 minute drive from all those spots you mentioned in arlington.
    I guess Plano Station is close by so you could catch public transportation down there.
    My bad. It was at the Arlington Convention Center the last few years.

taiji legacy masters attending

does anyone know the list of masters attending?

i want to meet GM david chin.

I merged the new thread for posterity...

...this way, we can look at this again next year, just before TJL #10.

I had a great time this year. It was fun to see all of you face-to-face. I'm sorry I only got to chat with MK for a fleeting moment. But it was nice to get to hang with SLL, HSK & HTD for more time. My only buzzkill was that there was some snafu with the delivery of our new issue, which just happens to be the Chin Woo - Huo Yuan Jia special. We did everything right to send them to arrive on Friday and Jimmy Wong and Patty Sun did everything right to pick them up, but the hotel just told them to get them today. We're sorting out whether Fedex or Holiday Inn was at fault there. It's all down to what the devliered to signature says...

BTW, did you see MKs Shaolin thread? Maybe I'll merge that one up here too, once it simmers on the Shaolin forum for a while...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    I'm sorry I only got to chat with MK for a fleeting moment.
    I tried to track you down before I left, but you are a hard man to follow through a crowd. It was like the ninja training sequence in Batman Begins....you were in front of me, then gone, then across the room, then behind me...

That's funny....

...if I'm so ninja-like, how come the "when you put me on cover?" people always seem to find me?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    ...if I'm so ninja-like, how come the "when you put me on cover?" people always seem to find me?
    Because the power that drives them to make this request is the same power that fills a room with their essence. lol

(p.s I don't mean essence in that sense)
    Kung Fu is good for you.