Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: taiji legacy 2006

gene i still owe you a beer man.

htowndragon: I merged your new thread into this one.
    You can meet GM Chin vicariously here.
    You can get a master's list (at least the ones giving workshops) at the Taiji Legacy site here.

SLL:
    That's got to be my favorite post ever. More members should post like you. I could just read it over and over and over again.

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

You guys are great. You know that? Great!!

Sounds like it'll TJL2006 will be *a lot* of fun!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

beer and kung fu. hmmm wouldnt be the first time i perform hung over bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Thinking about signing up for your seminar gene, maybe Mike Barry's too.
    See, I have this weird feeling that I'm not long for this world and I'd like to write a book or something to save some of the interesting stories of heard and seen for posterity. Thought maybe your seminar would at least help kickstart me on the writing.

PS- no offense here man, but with the right hat you could pass for genghis khan with your style like that in the taiji legacy photo. I think we're gonna have to go raiding and pillaging when you get here.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

Hey Guys! I'll be there with a few of my students as well. We should pick a meeting place for Friday night or mayber Saturday sometime. My sifu will be doing a Shaolin Di Shu seminar early on Saturday, so I'll be there of cours, lol. Friday evening sounds pretty good. I'm coming in early on Friday. I want to swing down to China Town and browse some. Anyway, hope to meet you guys next weekend. Gene, I dont know about the hobo shot, lol. Ok. talk to you guys later.

Citong Shifu
    Ron Davenport.

about those seminars

do we need to pay for those and stuff before hand? or can we just show up

and about how much are they

The seminars are paid

htd: It works on this ticket system. You have to purchase tickets through registration, and then hand them over to the seminar presenter. I'm not sure about the price. You'd have to contact Chin Woo for those details.

cs: I don't recommend the hobo shoot for teachers, only students and private practitioners. That just seems like bad feng shui. Looking forward to seeing your Di Shu material.

pc: Happy to kick start any new writers. Bend over, please. No worries about the Genghis thing. I've been called worse. It comes with the territory. Is there anything worth raiding and pillaging in Dallas?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by Citong Shifu
    I want to swing down to China Town and browse some.
    China Town? In Dallas?

hey gene, can i pay at the door? or do i ahve to pay for tickets early?

and ya there is a chinatown in dallas i dont remember what it was like though

houston has 2. old one and the one everyone goes to now

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    Is there anything worth raiding and pillaging in Dallas?

striiiiiiiiiiiiip cluuuuuuuub
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    pc: Happy to kick start any new writers. Bend over, please. No worries about the Genghis thing. I've been called worse. It comes with the territory. Is there anything worth raiding and pillaging in Dallas?
    Good question, I'm still tryin to find out...
    Still haven't been to Dallas "chinatown" or the asian section of Fort Worth (Peach Street).

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb
    striiiiiiiiiiiiip cluuuuuuuub
    Oh, well THAT I can help you with.
    Mostly topless around these parts, unless you byob.
    i live near one of the highest rated spots in the whole state.

byob? beer? booty? please define b

can i pay at the door? or do i ahve to pay for tickets early?
    I really don't know the answer to your question here. You'd have to ask the good people at Chin Woo. All I know is that you need to have a little ticket, which I'm supposed to collect at the door. I'm not sure where you get those tickets exactly - either you purchase them at registration or they are distributed by pink ninjettes. Pink ninjettes, despite their non-camoflaged attire, can be very difficult to locate, so I'd advise checking in with check in.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

$55 for seminar registration
    $15 late fee added to that if you register after July 10.
    $15 for each seminar.