Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: No Sex

Greetings..

First, thanks to Scott, Mantis108, cjurakpt, and others that have made this a very interesting and deeply relevant thread..

I have come to believe that we see the Taiji Symbol in parts, Yin and/or Yang, and sometimes forget to see it as a whole symbol.. in examining the details we miss the message.. and, there is the concept of substantial/insubstantial which really needs its own thread..

I have come to believe that the universe of dualities exists only because there is duality.. that nothing exists except by comparison to something else.. through repeated experiences and many ponderings i have come to believe that Consciousness exists separate from all else, outside the duality of existence. My personal "trinity" is consciousness, Tao and the universe they manifest.. Tao represents the infinite field of possibilities and the undifferentiated energy/force that cradles all things, black and white prior to the observation that categorizes them as such.. Consciousness, in its singualr form, is comparable, metaphorically, to "the mind of God"... Though Consciousness dwells in the field of possibilities and is animated by Tao.. it also exists outside of, and separate from these notions.. just like a hammer cannot hit itself, consciousness bound to existence within the dualities cannot "hit itself", cannot create.. only manipulate.. outside the dualities, consciousness exists as a non-dual "outside force" acting on the dualities to effect "change", and.. change is Taiji..

My vision took some time to interpret, but.. it was as follows: A barren desert landscape when there appeared numerous twisters.. the twisters meandered about for a time, suspended from a common cloud.. suddenly each twister transformed into a person..and the dusty debris formed an interactive landscape.. My interpretation: that the barren desert represented the field of possibilities, the stage upon which we act out our understandings.. the cloud represented the energies which animate duality.. and, above it all, the vastness of the cosmos, consciousness... at the center of each twister is a still void connected directly upward into the infinite consciousness,and.. the consciousness acted upon the cloud (energy) and created change which appeared as a swirling twister.. the twister, moved by consciousness, acted upon the field of possibilities (the desert) and the trinity united to produce our reality.. Now, each twister is linked upward by its calm center to a common union with consciousness (no small metaphor, here).. Each twister represents a being, both independent from and linked to each other twister.. each twister drawing from the infinite field of possibilities to create its own reality, but.. in order to complete the "transaction" there must be agreements as to to the stage upon which reality is played out.. while each twister is free to shape itself, it must agree with other twisters (beings) that certain aspects of this reality maintain consistency.. reference points, so to speak.. these agreements take the form of the "laws of physics", social codes, and other such niceities as necessary for consciousness create a physical experience.. the agreements are not binding, but perpetuated generation after generation they become more immutable, more codified.. we have an agreed upon reality, and.. we also have the individual freedom to change the agreement..

I know this is a bit abstract, but this vision recurred three times is separate but very meaningful meditations.. it seems to be a Cosmic Koan pointing to the relationships that manifest our current agreement upon reality.. Valid? i dont know. but, it is consistent with much i have experienced and much i have researched.. but, what a unique presentation... To be clear, i didn't try to interpret the vision through contemplative reasoning.. i returned to meditation and relied upon stillness to reveal what might be important from such an impressive vision.. Even as i write this, it occurs to me that the space between the twisters (beings) is the table upon which we negotiate our terms for "reality", where we decide what is or isn't.. we use the dust stirred-up from the sands of possibilities to build our existences... while we appear to be separate entities (twisters/dualities), there is a non-dual "core" (vortex) to each of us.. linked to a non-dual cosmic consciousness.. Well.. that or, i gotta quit smokin' that crap..

Anyhow, i'm not sure why i share such ammunition for ridicule, but.. it seemed important, to me..

Be well...
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

TaiChiBob,
    No ridicule from here. Thanks for sharing.
    Darin
    Give me immortality or give me death!

I agree with Darin, Bob, that is a very cool metaphor and very nicely communicated. Thank you for sharing it!

Respectful Bow!! (Lower than cjurakpt!! )

sex

My teacher always makes sure our guys know that at least 3 weeks to a month and a half before a show or a tourniment there will be no sex. Chi is important. Without Chi you legs shake you body is weak and not strong as it should be...

Greetings..

im_dabich: If you have read the entirity of this thread, you may have noted that there are practices/disciplines that train the male to be able to enjoy the delightful workout we call "sex" without losing the "essence".. this seems to be the "middle road" or, the best of both worlds..

Be well...

Scientists have repeatedly demonstrated, since the '72 Olympics, that sexual relations in elite athletes before an athletic event IMPROVES performance.

I guess individuals can believe and follow any old myth or superstition they want!

I had sex the night before my 7-1/2hr black belt test 28 years ago and I passed, So, I won’t worry about it myself!

Hi;
    New to forum --Its great from what Ive seen.
    Let me say thiss about Chi ect.1 of the best know artist of the Cloud Ferst Temple (High Tang Fa shu) had amaisng Chi.He was filmed sleeping on 1 finger &
    the rest of hiss body up in the air with feet gently resting on side of wall.
    One of his monks is filmed & shown on you tbe.They show him taking many hard kicks to the balls to say the least.
    The art of Chi ran over in the temple with many displays such as
    Break stack -no space or suprot(just flat on ground)& Iron palm with chi to
    break 4 bricks in half.This is Kung fu was the title of the film.There even on my copy shows footage of a young Jet Li from age 16-18.
    Now as far as Chi & sex--many like High Dang have kids & grandkids.
    I have seen people like Fong Ha & Choi & they never said any thing about
    no sex & they have Fa-jing.Their empty force chi has been put in a book & also has Paul Dong in it. The book is Empty force.I dont remember anything
    telling no sex.Yet they display how to stop attackers at distance & how to get & store the chi.
    Just some thoughts that might have some tangable ways to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown
    Scientists have repeatedly demonstrated, since the '72 Olympics, that sexual relations in elite athletes before an athletic event IMPROVES performance.

I guess individuals can believe and follow any old myth or superstition they want!

I had sex the night before my 7-1/2hr black belt test 28 years ago and I passed, So, I won’t worry about it myself!
    You know that scientists "proved" that Vioxx helped people don't you? Then they changed their minds and said that it gives people heart attack.

You know there are drugs used to sedate children so they can be easily handled don't you? Then they said those sedation drugs raised the suicide risk in children.

The "experts" rarely ever are. They are blowhards who make pronouncements based on inadequate study. They want to make money or gain status and power. They don't care if they lie and their lies end up hurting others. The only important thing is money, power and status.

It is also wise to understand that there are evil forces in the world that purposefully put out bad information to hurt people. This stuff about sex is good for you before exercise is one of those lies in my opinion.

Greetings..

It is also wise to understand that there are evil forces in the world that purposefully put out bad information to hurt people. This stuff about sex is good for you before exercise is one of those lies in my opinion.
    I am certain there is no ill-intent in the discussion where people express their insights regarding the effects of sex and training.. your charcaterization sounds a bit paranoid.. but, your right to express your opinion is respected.. i would ask, however, that you support the statement asserting "lies".. just curious as to how you determine that the opinions of others are "lies"...

Be well..

Quote Originally Posted by husto
    You know that scientists "proved" that Vioxx helped people don't you? Then they changed their minds and said that it gives people heart attack.

You know there are drugs used to sedate children so they can be easily handled don't you? Then they said those sedation drugs raised the suicide risk in children.

The "experts" rarely ever are. They are blowhards who make pronouncements based on inadequate study. They want to make money or gain status and power. They don't care if they lie and their lies end up hurting others. The only important thing is money, power and status.

Hi husto,

There has been more benefit gained for mankind from scientific discovery than harm. There are clearly errors made and human greed and selfishness occur. Are you stating this has never occurred with those who adhere to the Taoist perspective? If you choose to perceive the glass as half empty you will enjoy the consequences of your choice!

The studies I have mentioned have been repeated a few times, but feel free to believe what you wish.

Here is a synopsis of my position on this matter:

Through study of Tao we observe a balance of contrasting principles. This balance has been referred to as a middle path. The middle path is not a still point, but an alternating of Yin and Yang principles that creates an overall rhythmic balance.

Some who study Tao seek to bring themselves into accord with Tao. This is seen as the path to a prosperous and healthy life. By accommodating ourselves to Tao we reduce deleterious effects that occur as a result of engaging in extremes of behavior or fighting against life’s normal processes. Since we understand that Tao’s natural process is to alternate between contrasting principles, NOT strict adherence to Yin or Yang, it is clear that strict adherence to any behavior that is contrary to the natural process is NOT in accord with Tao. The natural process may be defined as, “the rhythmic alternating of contrasting principles” in this discussion, SEX/NO SEX! We may therefore conclude by simply following the example of Tao that to shun sexual activity completely is unhealthy to the human organism. Over indulgence would be just as unhealthy. Tao teaches us that there is a normal balance and rhythm to life and that health is optimally maintained by adhering to this natural rhythm in our lives. There is a time for sex and time not to have sex. By becoming in tune with our own inner bodily, spiritual and emotional rhythms we may accommodate ourselves naturally to those rhythms and thus live a happier, healthier and longer life.

The study of Tao teaches us that to deviate too far from natural, normal behavior is unhealthy and creates disharmony. I call this disharmony, disequilibrium. When our state of being is in disequilibrium it will seek to regain equilibrium naturally. When one practices celibacy nocturnal emissions commonly result. This is the body naturally seeking to restore balance. When one seeks to avoid or inhibit these emissions they are compounding deleterious behaviors creating greater disharmony. Nocturnal emissions are the body’s “natural” response to an un-natural behavior. By forcing ourselves into un-natural behaviors we create a state of imbalance that even our bodies recognize and attempt to remedy in spite of our misguided intentions.

Sexuality is a normal human behavior. A balanced sexual life is important to living in accord with Tao. However, we each have our own nature as well. Therefore, while it is beneficial to accommodate ourselves to the processes of Tao we must also recognize our own inner tendencies and inclinations; these are Tao as well. Every individual will have their own sexual rhythm and this rhythm will vary over time.

When one seeks to promote physical health over emotional and spiritual health it creates disharmony and is not in accord with Tao. When one seeks to promote emotional health over physical and spiritual health it creates disharmony and is not in accord with Tao. When one seeks to promote spiritual health over emotional and physical health it creates disharmony and is not in accord with Tao. Each of these pursuits along with ignoring the other aspects of our human nature will result in disharmony and eventually deleterious consequences. The body and mind provide ample signs and opportunities to regain our equilibrium before the deleterious effects occur. Many are not sensitive to the signs given or ignore the signs preferring to pursue misbegotten behaviors in an attempt to gain a result out of proportion to the balance of their entire being. When this occurs they will enjoy the consequences they have earned!

Do you guys have sex rules with your qigong?

The common one I've heard is no sex 24 hours before or after qigong. This means if you want to get busy on a Friday, you have to take Thursday, Friday, and Saturday off from your qigong practice.

Sounds like you have to plan your lovin' this way.

What happens if these rules are not followed?

What happens if you do your qigong on Wednesday and then Wednesday night your wife comes home early from her business trip and jumps your bones?

Or what happens if you get your freak on and then do qigong later that night?

Discuss.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

One thing about qigong, there's always another text or school or version that says something different.

Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    One thing about qigong, there's always another text or school or version that says something different.
    TRUTH and I wouldn't worry about it if you "release"

When one really has the kung fu, with a decent body, one knows one's body condition.

in general,

Having sex 2 hours after the Qigong practice and practice Qigong 8 hours after sex in general. one takes 2 hours after practice to slow down the process with proper closing the energy. one takes 8 hours after sex to rest and let the body back to normal.

But if one is doing sex every week, then might as well as not practice any Qigong because one will not accumulate anything at all, a waste.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-09-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    But if one is doing sex every week, then might as well as not practice any Qigong because one will not accumulate anything at all, a waste.
    Every week?

I guess people having sex multiple times a week are out too, huh.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.