Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: No Sex

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    Every week?

I guess people having sex multiple times a week are out too, huh.
    That is exactly why very rare have the real deal in Qi cultivation.

a 15 mins meditation or Qigong is just a joke. real deal train atleast 2 hours 7/12/365.

Back home in Atlanta, GA, USA, after living in Singapore
    Cycles of nature.
    Cycles of man.
    Cycles of you.
    Cycles of I.

Cycles of Sun, moon, earth, planets, milky way, galaxies, etc.
    Cycles of tides and menstruation.
    Cycles of history and HIS story.

Cycles of Harley and Cycles of Barley.
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

http://www.pathsatlanta.org

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    a 15 mins meditation or Qigong is just a joke. real deal train atleast 2 hours 7/12/365.
    There are people who incorporate their training into daily life, making it meditation to do the dishes, ride the bus, do physical labour, you name it. "Real deal" would never belittle them for this, or even belittle someone who makes the resolution to sit 15 min. every day and sticks to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    ...to sit 15 min. every day and sticks to it...
    So easy and yet so difficult that it creates "magic" for their life.
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

There are people who incorporate their training into daily life, making it meditation to do the dishes, ride the bus, do physical labour, you name it. "Real deal" would never belittle them for this, or even belittle someone who makes the resolution to sit 15 min. every day and sticks to it.

honestly and seriously, those are just modern new age entertainment or relaxation

if the mind cannot be droped for a long time and deep breathing, totally not less then 2 hours a day, one really doesnt get anything real out from the Qigong practice.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-10-2011 at 10:37 AM.

if the mind cannot be droped for a long time and deep breathing, totally not less then 2 hours a day, one really doesnt get anything real out from the Qigong practice.
    There are other schools of thought on that question. For example

http://www.saetawwin2.org/LMLIrv3.pdf

There are other schools of thought on that question. For example

http://www.saetawwin2.org/LMLIrv3.pdf

Based on the following in page 42. The author doesnt know what s/he is writing, how can one follow this type of books and teaching?

---------------------------------------
    J: It sounds so beautiful! How can we achieve this silent mind?

The mind is silent when it transcends the duality of liking and disliking. Generally we perceive the world through a conceptual framework based on a dualistic way of thinking. As soon as we perceive something, we judge it. Let’s say we judge that it is good. As soon as we judge something as being good, then anything opposing it automatically
    becomes bad. We constantly divide our conceptual
    world in this polarized manner; we set up good and evil, beauty and ugliness, right and wrong, according to our own standards.

------------------------------------------

For me, these all are New Age Entertainment, it is not a school but selling fantasy.

it is a movie in one's thinking mind and never lead one to see what happen in the world beyond the thinking mind.

If one practices Qigong, then to the minimum one needs to work out to really have some kung fu, even the very minimum. otherwise, one is really not practicing it. one cant just simple said everything is Qigong. there are transformation in breathing, body, and mind which needs to take place. that 15 mins everyday is not going to do it. one does it for more then 2 hours a day and then being very watchfull for the rest of the day to not violate the 2 hours of practice.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-10-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Questions like this...I really think it's about how far you want to take it. Maybe to reach the highest levels strict rules are really necessary, but the casual practitioner can still reap many benefits...Some people are looking for enlightenment/mastery, some people just want to be happier/more skillful.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan View Post
    Questions like this...I really think it's about how far you want to take it. Maybe to reach the highest levels strict rules are really necessary, but the casual practitioner can still reap many benefits...Some people are looking for enlightenment/mastery, some people just want to be happier/more skillful.

In general, the reality of Qigong practice,

around 2 hours is a basic to get some benifit.
    For those who is using Qigong to heal sickness needs 3 to 4 hours of practice each day. and these are not looking for mastery but basic practice.

it is not everyone piece of cake, it is an investment of one's life.

For those who is using Qigong to heal sickness needs 3 to 4 hours of practice each day. and these are not looking for mastery but basic practice.

it is not everyone piece of cake, it is an investment of one's life.
    Well...you must have a different idea of what 'some benefit' is. I probably practice closer to two hours of qigong a week...in my perception of my experience I am already getting 'some benefit.' I'm pretty sure there are millions of others who have a similar feeling. I have no doubt that I could achieve greater benefits with more discipline--but we all have our own balance. If variety wasn't valuable, there wouldn't be so many people.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan View Post
    Well...you must have a different idea of what 'some benefit' is. I probably practice closer to two hours of qigong a week...in my perception of my experience I am already getting 'some benefit.' I'm pretty sure there are millions of others who have a similar feeling. I have no doubt that I could achieve greater benefits with more discipline--but we all have our own balance. If variety wasn't valuable, there wouldn't be so many people.

what benefit do you get? care to share?

Sure.

After just a few minutes of practice I will feel more centered, focused, and calm. Also more energized if tired. Just a few breaths between exercises is enough to keep my intention and energy going during a grueling training session. If I am focusing on using the qigong to increase blood flow to a certain part of my body before and after conditioning, it also takes just a short time to feel the limb heating up...

"Some benefit"? Are you saying less than 2 hrs per day, every day, that absolutely nothing beneficial happens? If this is what you're saying, sorry but you're way off base.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Cycles of nature.
    Cycles of man.
    Cycles of you.
    Cycles of I.

Cycles of Sun, moon, earth, planets, milky way, galaxies, etc.
    Cycles of tides and menstruation.
    Cycles of history and HIS story.

Cycles of Harley and Cycles of Barley.
    What about cycles of Charles Barkley?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    What about cycles of Charles Barkley?
    But of course, and let's not forget cycles of dear Chris Farley!