Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackie Chan

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Look at...Catholic High School Girls.
    I try to, every time I drive by one of their schools; although lately, when I slow the mini-van to a crawl and open the remote side-door, I've noticed one of the nuns pull out a cell phone and dial what I am assuming to be 911 (can't imagine why, I always drop them back off when I'm finished with the "photo shoot"; maybe its the duct tape residue )

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    I'm beyond shocked. Jackie Chan is a racist. I respect the man's right to his opinion on politics. There are many people on this board who have brought into the Chinese government propaganda they spread hook, line and sinker. That said his suggestion that the Chinese people are simply stupid children that need looking after is no different than the comments made in this country a 150 years ago as an argument to not free the slaves.
    China is a race? I thought it was a country of diverse genetic strains, unified to some degree by common culture.

And culture, not race, is the primary influence on people's behavior, their strengths and weaknesses, desires and needs.

Quote Originally Posted by MartialDev View Post
    China is a race? I thought it was a country of diverse genetic strains, unified to some degree by common culture.

And culture, not race, is the primary influence on people's behavior, their strengths and weaknesses, desires and needs.
    I have no idea what you mean by "genetic strains". However China, throughout history, has been so closed off to the outside world I would hardly call it a melting pot by any definition of the word.

What does that have to have to do with Chan's comments?

Although Chan was a fierce critic of the brutal crackdown on pro-democracy protesters in Beijing's Tiananmen Square in June 1989, which killed at least hundreds, he has not publicly criticized China's government in recent years and is immensely popular on the mainland.
    His complete body of work might entitle him to the benifit of the doubt based on one statement he wold be considred a racist. Its words plus action that equal the measure of the man not words alone.

Insurrection does not promote nationalism or unity. It breaks the mold of social structure and promotes individual hubris. When the government of a nation, and the nation itself is strong from unity, and strength, insurrection must be crushed and eliminated. This is not an option.

Revolution, disunity, and insurrection is a cycle that occurs naturally once the current ruling faction, government, dynasty, etc. reaches their despair event horizon and start to decline. There is no need to "push." Everything falls. Everything becomes rebuilt from the ashes of the prior empire.

Will the CCP fall one day? Most likely. But when? I hope not in my lifetime, I have ZERO desire to witness a civil war and slaughter between my own people.

Also just to let everyone know, we Chinese people (East Asian in general) did not come from a Euro-Centric, "Democratic" historical background. We are not descendants of the Romans and Greeks. We have our own culture, social rules, and history that built our nations up. To expect us to just bow down and act subservient to the West is ridiculous. That is blatant racism and imperialist agenda, trying to force the "just and civil democracy" upon our nation. We are under ZERO OBLIGATION to follow a conceptually racist demand. Why can't America and Europe understand this? They want to push for "civility" and "freedom?" Take a close look at your own history for the past 1000 years.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

I have no idea what you mean by "genetic strains". However China, throughout history, has been so closed off to the outside world I would hardly call it a melting pot by any definition of the word.

Well that was a completely ignorant and ill-informed comment. Why not actually study something about Chinese history before trying to talk about "China, throughout history"?

As long as we are cutting and pasting from the DL...

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post

Also just to let everyone know, we Chinese people (East Asian in general) did not come from a Euro-Centric, "Democratic" historical background. We are not descendants of the Romans and Greeks. We have our own culture, social rules, and history that built our nations up. To expect us to just bow down and act subservient to the West is ridiculous. That is blatant racism and imperialist agenda, trying to force the "just and civil democracy" upon our nation. We are under ZERO OBLIGATION to follow a conceptually racist demand. Why can't America and Europe understand this? They want to push for "civility" and "freedom?" Take a close look at your own history for the past 1000 years.
    Captain Overcompensation strikes again! (and the bits about insurrection don't really make sense when you copy and paste your comments out of context like this)

That was the biggest muddle of misdirected and irrational race-baiting and historical ignorance I've seen in quite some time.

A) political philosophy is not determined by race or vice versa

B) 1924 came before 1949

C) the majority of people, for the majority of time, in both 'da East' and 'da West' have been governed under Monarchies, so there goes the 'cultural imperative' theory right out the window

D) If any political philosophy can really lay claim to being 'Western,' it's Communism. That is the 'foreign' idea that infiltrated 'da East' at the cost of millions and millions and millions of lives. Your frustration is misdirected

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    Well that was a completely ignorant and ill-informed comment. Why not actually study something about Chinese history before trying to talk about "China, throughout history"?
    Why not get off your Euro-centric biased narcissistic platform before trying to debate a topic?
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Why not get off your Euro-centric biased narcissistic platform before trying to debate a topic?

What 'platform' would that be? Is it strawman time?

Now i don't think Jackie Chan was calling the chinese stupid, he just thinks they need ruled over.

You guys are tring to read into what Jackie meant?

Alas, how soon they forget. It's Jackie...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by kansuke View Post
    captain overcompensation strikes again! (and the bits about insurrection don't really make sense when you copy and paste your comments out of context like this)

that was the biggest muddle of misdirected and irrational race-baiting and historical ignorance i've seen in quite some time.

A) political philosophy is not determined by race or vice versa

b) 1924 came before 1949

c) the majority of people, for the majority of time, in both 'da east' and 'da west' have been governed under monarchies, so there goes the 'cultural imperative' theory right out the window

d) if any political philosophy can really lay claim to being 'western,' it's communism. That is the 'foreign' idea that infiltrated 'da east' at the cost of millions and millions and millions of lives. Your frustration is misdirected
    quoted for truth
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Ummmm, so its okay to be Asia-centric, but not Euro-centric?

Who is the narcissist here?

Yes...how DARE the west try to impose freedom/democracy on those who have never had it and so are afraid of it.

Since when is the desire for human rights and social freedoms for all people narcissistic? The only ones freedoms harm are those dominating the political and social structures.

Insurrection does not promote nationalism or unity. It breaks the mold of social structure and promotes individual hubris. When the government of a nation, and the nation itself is strong from unity, and strength, insurrection must be crushed and eliminated. This is not an option.

Revolution, disunity, and insurrection is a cycle that occurs naturally once the current ruling faction, government, dynasty, etc. reaches their despair event horizon and start to decline. There is no need to "push." Everything falls. Everything becomes rebuilt from the ashes of the prior empire.

Will the CCP fall one day? Most likely. But when? I hope not in my lifetime, I have ZERO desire to witness a civil war and slaughter between my own people.

You know all of that sounds real good from somebody living in the valley who doesn't have to worry if water he drinks is polluted or that the air that he breathes will kill him.

You should have paid attention to your deaths of your brothers in T Square.

You know all of that sounds real good from somebody living in the valley who doesn't have to worry if water he drinks is polluted or that the air that he breathes will kill him.

You should have paid attention to your deaths of your brothers in T Square.
    Hmmm, yeah, students initiating insurrection, they were asking for it.

And BTW, I'm not from around "the valley."

I never remembered worrying about the air killing me . . . the water yes, it can get pretty dirty, but that's what purifiers are for right? And bottled water, of course. Oh just to help you out, I was born and raised in China.

Before calling Chan racist, take a goddman look at yourself.

Oh the irony.
    Last edited by Violent Designs; 04-20-2009 at 06:46 PM.
    - Yagyū Munenori