Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackie Chan

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    Hmmm, yeah, students initiating insurrection, they were asking for it.
    Yeah a few thousand protesters in a country of a billion is surely an insurrection!!!!

It was a protest, NOT an insurrection! In a free society the people have the right to protest a government they do not agree with. People are allowed to be right or left wing nuts, or even center nuts.

And BTW, I'm not from around "the valley."

I never remembered worrying about the air killing me . . . the water yes, it can get pretty dirty, but that's what purifiers are for right? And bottled water, of course. Oh just to help you out, I was born and raised in China.

Before calling Chan racist, take a goddman look at yourself.

Oh the irony.
    Well I can't figure out why the hell you left. I mean you had it so good over there why would you want to come to the racist west?

For that matter I would like to know just how much time Chan spends each year in that paradise. But of course I guess a man making millions each year would do pretty good in a country where the average income is way less than $5,000 a year.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Well I can't figure out why the hell you left. I mean you had it so good over there why would you want to come to the racist west?

For that matter I would like to know just how much time Chan spends each year in that paradise. But of course I guess a man making millions each year would do pretty good in a country where the average income is way less than $5,000 a year.
    I know you're happy where you are, so shut the fvck up and go enjoy your life some more already.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

I know you're happy where you are, so shut the fvck up and go enjoy your life some more already.
    If I kill him when I get to CO, will you teach me your style of CLF? Deal? Yes?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Oh just to help you out, I was born and raised in China.

"Raised" only partly. You've been here since you were 11 and were almost entirely educated here. Still trying to convince yourself of something?

You think you are being 'really' Chinese, but an awful lot of folks your age in China (and certainly a lot of folks who were your age about 15-20 years ago) would take exception with your thick-headed, overcompensating attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    You think you are being 'really' Chinese, but an awful lot of folks your age in China (and certainly a lot of folks who were your age about 15-20 years ago) would take exception with your thick-headed, overcompensating attitude.
    The problem is that you think only your views are "right."
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

I have no idea what you mean by "genetic strains". However China, throughout history, has been so closed off to the outside world I would hardly call it a melting pot by any definition of the word.

What does that have to have to do with Chan's comments?
    If China is not a race then prescribing behavior for Chinese is not racist. That charge is nonsense. You may as well accuse him of being an anti-Semitic h0m0phobe (for the crime of disagreeing with your political views).

Quote Originally Posted by MartialDev View Post
    If China is not a race then prescribing behavior for Chinese is not racist. That charge is nonsense. You may as well accuse him of being an anti-Semitic h0m0phobe (for the crime of disagreeing with your political views).
    That so? Maybe you could help me with something here. If Chan was not talking about Asian Chinese people then who exactly was he talking about? I don't know about you but I've never met a white Chinese, Black Chinese....or any other Chinese than an Asian Chinese. Probably a few out there but don't look for Kenya town or UK town when you go to China.

He is racist no matter how you spin it or what he meant to say.

The problem is that you think only your views are "right."
    Not only in this persona LOL!
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by MartialDev View Post
    Next to White people Chinese are some of the most racist people I've ever met besides
    Hispanics and Blacks and Turks and Koreans and Japanese and........
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Not only in this persona LOL!
    ???????????????????????????????????????

That so? Maybe you could help me with something here. If Chan was not talking about Asian Chinese people then who exactly was he talking about? I don't know about you but I've never met a white Chinese, Black Chinese....or any other Chinese than an Asian Chinese. Probably a few out there but don't look for Kenya town or UK town when you go to China.

He is racist no matter how you spin it or what he meant to say.
    How? Spell it out. So are "white people" from England a different race than "white people" from Germany or France? Chan was NOT talking about a race of people he was talking about the citizens of a country. Again, Chan's comments might make him an elitist, but not racist.

Lay out the ACTUAL definition between prejudice, elitist and racist...

racism:1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others

elitism1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.
    2. a. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
    b. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class

So how again is Chan a racist? You can agree or disagree all you want with Chan, but don't be ignorant of your views and use the appropriate words to back up your arguments.
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Next to White people Chinese are some of the most racist people I've ever met besides
    Hispanics and Blacks and Turks and Koreans and Japanese and........
    All cultures share in racism, xenophobia, h0m0phobia and a host of other ungrounded and irrational fears brought about by simple ignorance.

Some are a little more pronounced in their brand of hate, but no one can claim to be free of it. Not even the so called holy men of the world such as the pope or the dalai lama who are both expressive of their particular hates despite not calling it that or rationalizing their hatred away as some sort of doctrinal nonsense or what have you.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I understand where Violent Designs is coming from. The Chinese people have never had freedom. For centuries they have been ruled over by someone, now it is the communist party. I think also that it is a mistake for us to think that all people the world over want freedom. Just look at Iraq as an example. Besides, look at our own country, everyday we lose another freedom, we look more and more like a police state all the time. It gets slipped in quietly with Homeland Security Acts and laws. They are putting camera's up everywhere and all the while they tell us it is for our safety and we agree and we let them. Is that freedom?