Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, I'm new

Hello, I'm new

Hello. Does anybody do Jow Gar here? It'd be great to chat.

Also, it'd be great if you could show me any movies on the style. There's not too much on the net and I can't find any. Thanks

Have a nice day.

welcome. sorry I don't do Jow Gar
    "All the skill in the world won't hold up to a real confrontation if you are too afraid to use it."

Blog Entries
    What does your name mean I Chin Ching?

Have you never heard of it?

It's a 1500 year old book on Marrow washing. Bodhidharma wrote it while he was at the Shaolin Temple in Song Shan. I'm suprised, you've not heard of it. Have you heard of Bodhidharma?

chou jia - jow gar .

I think if you are near Sydney there are a number of masters that practice this style.

Quote Originally Posted by I Chin Ching
    Have you never heard of it?

It's a 1500 year old book on Marrow washing. Bodhidharma wrote it while he was at the Shaolin Temple in Song Shan. I'm suprised, you've not heard of it. Have you heard of Bodhidharma?
    actually yik gan ging(cantonese) is different to say sui ging(cantonese) which is marrow washing

so which is ur nickname? I chin ching and marrow washing are two very old different books of shaolin

feel free to correct me
    Last edited by chasincharpchui; 06-09-2006 at 02:40 AM.

Strange, you maybe correct, but i was told I Chin Ching was the Marrow Washing book???

Anyway, does anybody practice Jow Gar? Or know of any sites with videos, I can't seem to find any??

recently participated in a jow gar spear class/workshop. they have a very weird way of holding the staff and spear close to your body (after Sa cheung), and they do a diu ma and sei ping ma in one , which was kinda cool.
    that was my first and only close up exposure to jow ga. pretty cool stuff tho
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

It's very interesting. I'm learning Sip Ze Moi Fa Kuen at the moment. Quite long.

So is there nobody here, who does it?

i chin ching (yi jin jing) = muscle tendon change classic

as shown here : http://www.martialartsmart.net/vidshaolmusc.html

xi sui jing is Bone marrow washing classic.

as shown here: http://www.martialartsmart.net/pr-gs009.html

now you know and you're welcome ~G
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Cool, thankyou for the link. I was wrong, then. Cheers.

No biggy, people get them mixed up all the time and there certainly are a lot of variations etc etc etc.

On another note, one of the greatest things you can get as a martial artist or a student is to find out and be shown that what you thought was right was wrong.

It gives you an opportunity to make the correction. Without opportunity to make the correction, the continuation would only compound the original error.

when someone proves you wrong, thank them! They have helped you to be wiser and have contributed to a more solid knowledge base that you will get to use for the rest of your life.

not that the mix up in the names was the best example, but in many other areas, many of us presuppose one thing which may or may not be correct.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I am sure everyone here has heard of Bodhidharma?

I do Jow Ga. Visit www.jowtigers.com for more information.

hey I Chin Ching,

i study jow ga in the US, but i don't often frequent this site. u might be able to catch me at www.shaolinroundtable.com (or www.jowgaforum.com). i jus came back into town from a tournament hosted yesterday by jow ga man's sifu, Sifu Derek Johnson, the Five TIgers tournament in honor of the Jow Ga Five Tigers(5 brothers). look forward to seeing you over there!
    Last edited by mysteri; 06-11-2006 at 10:28 PM.
    "Pride builds walls between people; Humility builds bridges."- R. Warren