Thread: Taji Roller Bar

Taji Roller Bar

I saw a clip or article years ago, about Taiji using a roller bar like a push hand exercise for training yourself. In the southern arts we are taught to roll the Bamboo pole for fast strikes and conditioning, sensitivty. Is that the same for you guys?

Do anyone here do it with there Taiji?

Garry

Quote Originally Posted by fiercest tiger
    I saw a clip or article years ago, about Taiji using a roller bar like a push hand exercise for training yourself. In the southern arts we are taught to roll the Bamboo pole for fast strikes and conditioning, sensitivty. Is that the same for you guys?

Do anyone here do it with there Taiji?

Garry
    I used to do it years ago if you are referring to Tai Chi Ruler? It is a turned piece of wood with rounded larger ends about 2" in diameter and the middle part is about 1" in diameter I think mine was somewhere around 8" in length. it supposedly keeps your hands at the optimum spacing and is a chi conduit for the exercise which sort of rocks back and forth as your hands circle vertically with the ruler horizontal between your hands in front of your chest as you engage in the correct breathing pattern, it is a chi development exercise.
    Solid Brotha...

- Dolemite