Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New flavour Footage from Nino Bernardo lineage

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73
    In that case Ernie I find you a pompas a** as well

Stilll, we should all try to be civil to one another. What may not offend you may offend someone else.

BTW: I will be reporting myself for attacking you as well

ha-ha i have been called worse ! ,, hell just read the thread ,,, no worries i get it
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Ernie
    if anything the WSL fam is all about research and development and always trying to find a better way ,,,, not hero worship
    Hmm point taken iam not hero worshiping just a PR . for my Sifu. His seen what you had to say here and feels theres a lot of room for improvement concerning himself his a very humble man!

Ernie
    QUOTE so with that we all suck and will never be good enough
    also remember every man has been exposed to ''great '' people on there journey , some more then others so what one thinks is awesome another see's as just good
    I feel that if only you came over with what you saying now there be no war of words. I have no beef with you. I like to resovle problems with discussion
    Positive assertion. All good will to you on your journey Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Jansingsang
    Ernie
    you have just proved to the N.B linage your a hater first off on the Wsl forum u kept your two faced mouth shut about this guy Why ? cause you'll get caned by the family you read what others who know him said about him nothing but praise for his skills So why come on this forum bigging up your chest like your **** hot. We all know of you and seen what you do on the Gary lam tapes which is apparent your not that knowledgeable. As for your own footage we’ve seen the corpses you used to look good. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones as for yourself your on the large side is that some insecurity your showing concering ur self The guys Usually in good shape that was shot in jan 2006 after Christmas and all thatso he was packing yeah you can only judge on what you see fair enough As for footwork his chi gerk's tight on that clip he was Conserveing energy (Economy of motion) something you lack! You get an ideai of the foot skill when he bridges the gap with a kick as for to much shoulder ? your talking out your back crevice the movement was a kwun sau which was spontaneous trunk and feet also moved so sort your spectacles out mate ok he was slightly off balance with the Blinfolded Chi sau But has anyone of recent times dare demostrate that skill bet you dont even know it You can see in the clip he totaly demolished the guys stance and and ending with poi pai jyeung What Iam exemplifing here the guy Speaks the language of Ving tsun / Wing chun You say you ran into Michael what was that his fists offcourse he saw through your transparent arse At the end of the day surport your family Don't stab them in the back ***** have respect for your seniors !
    "TO KNOW AND NOT DO IS NOT TO KNOW"

Meet the Man first then tell us all what you think, until then quit wasting our time with ridiculous post like this.

James

Quote Originally Posted by Jansingsang
    Ernie

Hmm point taken iam not hero worshiping just a PR . for my Sifu. His seen what you had to say here and feels theres a lot of room for improvement concerning himself his a very humble man!

Ernie

I feel that if only you came over with what you saying now there be no war of words. I have no beef with you. I like to resovle problems with discussion
    Positive assertion. All good will to you on your journey Peace!

Jan- i have neither the right nor reason to judge your Sifu's skill based on a few seconds of vid....this would be ignorant of me ,,,, i am just an slightly obsessed individual when it comes to WSL body mechanics ,,there is a certain '' look'' the engine and motion have

so i look for that ,,, there is no doubt he is a WSL man , but there is certain crispness to the way WSL moved , so i use that as my filter ,,, and i apply that same filter to myself , my teacher , my guys and any other WSL person

i have seen this ''engine'' clearly in the likes of Nino , David P, Barry L. PhillipB. and when he is not being lazy Gary .

I myself am striding to achieve that certain ''way" of moving .

something that is more conducive to fighting instead of chi sau .

quans , paks ,lops , and so on are just minor extensions not the core or soul of the system .

so you see we just might be looking for different things

as for PR the mans skill , personality and over all being will do that for him ,,as you said many people have had wonderful things to say , and these people have had hands on experience ...... that goes allot further then a little thread flame war or video clip

as far as the ''beef'' thing goes ,, man no worries ,, hell i might be in the UK soon ,, feel free to smash be about a bit ,,, you will find i am more humble and laid back then you think ,,, but hell if i spark a fire in you or your sifu to train and excel

then i don't mind being the bad guy ,,,,, in the end we all get better !

please feel free to share more clips , I'm sure you got great stuff to put out ,,, don't let this little thing put a damper on spreading the word !

please pass my regards on to your Sifu. perhaps we can meet one day I'm sure he can show me tons of stuff ,,,,, my cup is always empty --- even though my mouth might never shut up !!
    Last edited by Ernie; 06-09-2006 at 05:13 PM.

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie
    Jan- i have neither the right nor reason to judge your Sifu's skill based on a few seconds of vid....this would be ignorant of me ,,,, i am just an slightly obsessed individual when it comes to WSL body mechanics ,,there is a certain '' look'' the engine and motion have

so i look for that ,,, there is no doubt he is a WSL man , but there is certain crispness to the way WSL moved , so i use that as my filter ,,, and i apply that same filter to myself , my teacher , my guys and any other WSL person

i have seen this ''engine'' clearly in the likes of Nino , David P, Barry L. PhillipB. and when he is not being lazy Gary .

I myself am striding to achieve that certain ''way" of moving .

something that is more conducive to fighting instead of chi sau .

quans , paks ,lops , and so on are just minor extensions not the core or soul of the system .

so you see we just might be looking for different things

as for PR the mans skill , personality and over all being will do that for him ,,as you said many people have had wonderful things to say , and these people have had hands on experience ...... that goes allot further then a little thread flame war or video clip

as far as the ''beef'' thing goes ,, man no worries ,, hell i might be in the UK soon ,, feel free to smash be about a bit ,,, you will find i am more humble and laid back then you think ,,, but hell if i spark a fire in you or your sifu to train and excel

then i don't mind being the bad guy ,,,,, in the end we all get better !

please feel free to share more clips , I'm sure you got great stuff to put out ,,, don't let this little thing put a damper on spreading the word !

please pass my regards on to your Sifu. perhaps we can meet one day I'm sure he can show me tons of stuff ,,,,, my cup is always empty --- even though my mouth might never shut up !!
    You know Ernie is a good example of a man that wants the best things for everyone. In the end I think all of us want to be friends and support the overall cause of what Wing Chun represents (reality).

I myself have had arguments with Ernie on various subjects but when I met him in person and then reflected on past conversations, I must say he is very sincere and genuine in his post on this forum. What you all read here is what you see/feel (more intensely I must add) when you meet him in person. To me he is a great inspiration, just like WSL would be or Bruce Lee, only to me Ernie is much more real and alive in my life today. I salute him and others in the WC family that are searching for something real today and not living in the past all the time. I know personally what it is like to live in the past, off other's achievements, through association. I know now to be with people that are in the here and now, instead of those stuck in the past.

The saying, "It is not what you know but who you Know", it so true in some instances...

James

James
    thanks man ,,, but I'm no saint ,,, bit of a B@stard sometimes
    so I know I'm do my fair share of ''Ernie Bashing ''

got to be able to take it if you dish it out !

but your right on point ,,,, my goal has always been to help people improve myself included

and that will only really start to happen when we stop BS'ing each other shine some light the subject

I'm far from being anything special just trying to put it all together like everybody else

James
    thanks man ,,, but I'm no saint ,,, bit of a B@stard sometimes
    so I know I'm do my fair share of ''Ernie Bashing ''

but your right on point ,,,, my goal has always been to help people improve myself included

and that will only really start to happen when we stop BS'ing each other shine some light the subject

I'm far from being anything special just trying to put it all together like everybody else
    No saint yes, but honest you are and I rather have the latter than the BSer'. Hey man I'm only talking about things I have experienced. For me, you are an inspiration and a reflection of how things should be. You are not perfect, but you are courteous and generous to those that desire it, and to me that is the way it should be!

After our meeting in LA, the thing that impressed me the most was the giving of your soul that I felt, not the skill or how much you could f0ck me up. You set me up with people in the know and you yourself, I appreciated that more than you may ever know. I came home and then realized what had transpired and I will never forget the lesson in humanity, more so than the Wing Chun I learned there.

None of this is about perfection or being saints, messiahs, gods or anything out of the realm of being normal. Unfortunately Human behaviour nowadays is not always normal, but sub-level at times.

James

I hope Nino has had a chance to read this thread I sent him the link to it yesterday when on msn, I am sure he will be wondering what all the fuss is about.

When I first met Nino what he used to say was he was the worst student of Wong Shun Leung and that his Wing Chun should not be held as an example of his Sifu's skills, I took his meaning to be "judge me not my Sifu", ie it is me on the pedastal and I stand on my own merits.

Not that Nino puts himself on a pedastal as many do in Wing Chun as some sort of demi-god, far from it, the pedastal is just my analogy of being a Sifu, students put Sifu's on pedastals, and in my mind it is up to the Sifu to make sure that though they are identified as a source of knowledge the height of the pedastal should not trip up an ant! You don't want to be too far from your students, they are family and their education your responsibility.

I put myself on the Sifu pedastal, there to be shot at, and if I cannot defend myself against whatever is thrown at me , then I do not deserve the respect of my students and why should they listen to me when I tell them what or how to train.

Whether the questions that are shot at me are verbal or physical, they still need to be addressed by me, not my students but me. Not been in this forum long but it may have come across that I am a bit passionate about Wing Chun, I have just realised it may be a specific Wong Shun Leung Wing Chun forum, I just thought it was Wing Chun.

I don't see much, if any, difference between the WSL Wing Chun and what I teach, WSL was the first to publish a video that I respected, what he showed about the basics was relevant and his reputation as a fighter came over from the footage also.

When I was present at the Wong Shun Leung semianar at Nino's 'Basement' either '84 or '85, (memory not what it was being an old git) I was happy that I learned nothing really new about my Wing Chun, it was an excellent seminar with different viewpoints and different ways of approaching techniques, but the essence was a reinforcement of the knowledge I was getting from my Sifu

As I have said I consider Nino a friend in Wing Chun, I have seen Gary Lam's Wing Chun on video, and it is also impressive, as it is straightforward and practical and he uses similar language to me, I refer to one of the best weapons that is always available and others that don't need to be carried, the floor, walls and furniture!

People say many things about me who don't know me, as well as those who do! we are all guilty of uniformed comment in this forum because we are limited in the amount of knowledge we have about the other entering the threads, but I find it a bit strange how many discussions end up as slanging matches and personal, I make comments which some say 'belittle' other MA's, I have been told that I don't know what I am talking about. Such is life, I get on with it, the old adage of "sticks and stones" comes to mind, though I have been attacked with them as well, lol.

I am in the process of developing my website and it will have footage of me going back over the years so there will be plenty of opportunity for anyone to criticise my forms/chi sau/applications and I look forward to replying to whatever questions come my way, the TJ of tjwingchun.co.uk uses the Chinese calligraphy for "YOU" that resembles a TJ, so the Chinese TJ=YOU and English TJ=ME, I tell people I only try to get them to understand themselves the way I understand myself in Wing Chun, I do not tell them how to live their lives.

Thinking of starting another thread "b!tch slaps and handbags at ten paces" where we can get all the personal cr@p out and get on with analysing and comparing the actual differences in Wing Chun, not the personalities.

Well though I got waylaid teaching a lesson I have managed to finish this to send it off in time for me to go drink prodigious quantities of Guinness and watch the England v Paraguay match, lol.

Take care and keep

tj-I have just realized it may be a specific Wong Shun Leung Wing Chun forum, I just thought it was Wing Chun.

Far from it , it's for everyone from everywhere

I hate eating the same food every day like change flavor and spice , this forum has it all , from cool people , old school guys , disillusioned guys , bitter guys , and happy go lucky ,,,, so I'm sure there is room for another passionate wing Chun nut

but this was a thread about vid clip which has been taken way of course

Oh, yeah? You 5uck, Ernie!

... I can't really say that, cause you're really pretty cool.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

The above statement was from an idiot.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford