Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: world cup starts friday

world cup starts friday

cant frigging wait, how many other people watch it? im gonna be pretty drunk that means :-X
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

"world cup"

ok
    Last edited by jethro; 06-08-2006 at 08:31 PM. Reason: well, I had a lot to edit
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

** yawn ** World what?

C'mon guys. The big yacht race ?!! Darrrhhh....
    j/k
    lol.

To paraphrase Steven Colbert's take on it last night: if we were to win, how sweet would that be: the USA winning the world championship of a sport we don't give a darn about, lmao.

To all the soccer fans, don't get mad at me. Nobody or nothing requires my validation by any means. i am no more than one dumb-@ss on an internet forum.
    Master...Teach me kung fu.

soccer is gay.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Its called football. and no u guys wont win
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

stephen colbert is da man tho.

but soccer is still gay

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

I've scheduled all my work lunches around match play times. World cup roxors your boxors b!tches!

It will be interesting to see the reaction the U.S. and Iranian teams get from the European crowd in the wake of all the nuclear talks/agreements/disagreements.

Having the matches in Germany, easily accessible to almost all the rest of Europe, is going to provide an unbeleivable atmosphere for the Euro teams.

Colbert says things a lot of other people wish they could say but their boss won't let them. He's a little over the top sometimes. But sometimes he really nails it. Like this time.

In the last how-gay-is-soccer thread, someone pointed out the intensity with which the soccer hooligans will throw down. You have to admire that level of commitment.

We don't need to win...our women's team did that last time didn't they? Proved capable of beating everyone else, at football. And they proved to other countries that women don't need a lot of armpit hair to be competitive... A much needed lesson, but sadly, one so often unheeded.

Soccer isn't big in America, it's hardly popular at all so don't expect any enthusiasm. The world cup is one of the only events in sports that I follow though. I think it's much more interesting and fast paced than alot of other sports (baseball puts me to sleep). Plus, my parents are immigrants and since soccer is so big internationally, I guess I'm into it. I grew up in communities that were ethnically diverse so soccer was kind of like the universal language between people from different countries and who spoke different languages. I hope I get around to watching it in a bar with a few friends this time around.

Anyway, got a question. It's called the "world cup" in soccer because teams from all over the world (other countries) compete .....right? So....why is it called the "world series" in baseball if only American teams play in it?

"We don't need to win..."

Who are you speaking for?.......sure we do.....it's just that we can't. Your attitude sounds more like "sour grapes." If we don't care to win (Colbert's comment) then we should just bow out of the sport. If not, we should try to win and gain some respect in it. At least aknowledge the winners and not cry "soccer is gay" just because we can't score a goal. I mean, come on, is this the way America should represent itself in soccer.....like a whiney b.itch.
    Last edited by Anthony; 06-09-2006 at 08:23 AM.

spoken like a true soccer coach.... i don't see you trying to refute the arm hair thing though pal. lmao
    ... i was saying we aren't just burning to win the world cup as we're still savoring the victory of the womens' team, but now that you bring it up i would like to add that i can't remember hearing of the US men's team winning the world cup in the past. So either nobody gives enough of a dang to bother winning it, or even to remember it if they did lol.

^^ Ralston-Purina Lamb 'n' Rice Troll Chow / Hairball Control Formula^^

is this the way America should represent itself in soccer.....like a whiney b.itch.
    ...add short shorts, stretchy jerseys & silly haircuts: yes... we'll be styling with the best of them lol.

Nicely said Anthony.

I don't really give a monkey's about footie, but I still like the World Cup, and whinging attitudes like on this thread just show up your country for a bunch of whiney b.otches completely out of touch with the world. If you don't like it why don't you just stay the **** of this thread and leave it to sink (since it is a mostly American board) or let the people who enjoy it talk about it?

But no. You don't like it, so it's gay.

I had a 'discussion' with some guy on another board who was trying to tell me the Superbowl was the most watched sporting event in the world. Talk about ****ing minority sports! 1.3 billion people watched the last World Cup Final.

I'm just embarassed cos England's probably gonna get gubbed again.

actually baseball is the world series because we have canadian teams in there

yeah man soccer isnt popular in america, btu that doesnt surprise me where NASCAR is the most watched sport.

real men watch soccer not nascar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

So who you got Lueb?

Anthony?