Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Video: ST00's MMA fight (for real)

ST IS A CMA GUY WHO NOW FIGHTS IN MMA that said I agree with Hung Le

chun li

at least you don't come on here and tell us how gay all these guys are anymore. I highly appreciate that.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

yup, I have to say that ST00 puts up and he is currently king of the hill here if he wants to be (based on the fact that he is willing to throw down) until someone here bests him (not that all would want to). That automatically makes him more formidable than any sifu that refuses to fight in any NHB capacity (not necessarily against him).

I just woke up irritated that day and am alot more worried about preserving CMA than MMA. MMA's not going anywhere, that's obvious. Modernizing CMA is one way to save it, of course.

Great fight, ST00. I could see him eating your punch on the way in a couple times. As an armchair quarterback, I think it's great that you are sticking him but maying you are already back on your heels, the arm needs to be "stiffer" to maintain the distance between you, and/or you need to evade as well. Definitely alot of fight in the dawg.
    Last edited by fa_jing; 06-12-2006 at 11:12 AM.

Well, you could have had him at the end there if you were allowed to knee the head.

My constructive thought is, how is it that a little guy seemed to over power you? I would work on making your movements heavier and denser. I'd work on coordinating your movements so your whole body is behind them.

But great effort, and he never "got" you. And like I said, in a real fight, you had his head there at the end. That's the one thing I don't understand.... why they don't let you capitalize on that mistake. It's a big risk grabbing the big leg with the little arm and leaving the head exposed. Unfortunately a whole generation is being brought up with this as basic practice.

Thanks guys.

fajing, yeah man I did several things wrong and I've been thru this fight and picked myself apart several times. ( I guess that's one of the many benefits about fighting in public is that you can have videotape to review and critique)

Knowing what I know today I'd fight a completely different fight. More conservative and patient striking with deeper sprawls. Believe it or not the ground game is probably my worst area! But when I went forward in a straight line nice and tall I set myself up for a perfect shot from an excellent wrestler (his bread and butter movement) Normally I'm the guy that never goes off his feet. unless I want to land in the dominant position to end it, and I think that's because I spar with guys who are great strikers (2 pro boxers and an exceptional amateur) and I'm always more patient for fear of getting KTFO.

Right now we've got a kid in for the summer who is a wrestler for Nebraska. When we train MMA he rarely takes me down and certainly never this cleanly and after watching the fight he asked me what was so special that this guy did to me. I explained that it was more about what I did wrong than what he had to do right.

Hope you strikers can learn from my mistake. It's one I know thru and thru - (to be a sucessful striker you've got to be a good wrestler.) but my heart overrode my gamplan and I broke form and paid for it.

plan the work, and work the plan you big dummy!
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina
    Well, you could have had him at the end there if you were allowed to knee the head.

My constructive thought is, how is it that a little guy seemed to over power you? I would work on making your movements heavier and denser. I'd work on coordinating your movements so your whole body is behind them.

But great effort, and he never "got" you. And like I said, in a real fight, you had his head there at the end. That's the one thing I don't understand.... why they don't let you capitalize on that mistake. It's a big risk grabbing the big leg with the little arm and leaving the head exposed. Unfortunately a whole generation is being brought up with this as basic practice.
    Hey Ray don't get me started on why amateur mma rules suck man..

At least with the Ohio Athletic Commision rules you don't have to wear those stupid shinguards and you're allowed to hit in the head on the ground.. (USKBA rules B L O W )

next fight is pro. *sharpens elbows & knees*
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

Quote Originally Posted by hung-le
    I’m not sure ST00 qualifies as a CMA basher…………………with a name like ShaolinTiger he could be a dude into CMA and a guy who fights in MMA…(something I would do if I didn’t have other endeavors…).
    Well, he did say he wanted to best up SifuAbel to prove that traditional techniques were worthless....

so since traditional techniqes are worthless, i want the tma bashers to stop punching and kicking...

see how well you fight without those
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud
    ST IS A CMA GUY WHO NOW FIGHTS IN MMA that said I agree with Hung Le

here we go again... so because he's wrestled, boxed and trained cma, he's a cma guy who competes in mma?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina

The "overpowering" mostly happened on the ground, if I remember right. On the ground, with proper mechanics, you can make 150 pounds feel like a ton.

It's a big risk grabbing the big leg with the little arm and leaving the head exposed. Unfortunately a whole generation is being brought up with this as basic practice.
    ideally, the head isn't exposed. when the shot is done correctly, the head is in deep - past the body. It is not available to be hit. As with any technique, it can be countered, which is what the sprawl is great for.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

All know who have read my posts that I have been very vocal about MMA art guys coming to this news group and bashing on the CMA... I often question the motives of such people who advertise their MMA skills on a CMA site like this…
    lol @ the thought of a motive behind being here. I am an mma guy who mods two forums here - what is my ultimate agenda? to convert the whole forum to mma? Actually, there are several cma guys (myself and ST00 included) who either started cross training or abandoned cma altogether, so maybe that IS my agenda...

However......that said.............When a guy puts his "bread and butter" out there for all to view...one does not slag the product due to the fact that it takes "grit"...to put your skills out there for all to see
    agreed.

Also, I don't have any experience in MMA to be saying ****!, (I think few here do……. let alone have enough skills harping on a guy's weight... Come on ……. The dude fights in MMA events…… he puts his money where his mouth is…..

Few here can say they do the same………..certainly not me….
    once again, agreed. It's easy to drive from the backseat.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by jethro
    at least you don't come on here and tell us how gay all these guys are anymore. I highly appreciate that.

Thanks jethro I appreciate that.... believe it when I say it, I never had a problem with MMA nor the people who do it. In fact I think it’s a great venue to hone your fighting skills…

My problem was with somebody...anybody...representing something other than the specific theme of the news group...it could have been ....Nascar, Football, bowling etc.... coming to a news group "beyond multiple times" to denounce the people who frequent the particular news group...

At the time I was wondering “what the hell! What was a post about the UFC doing on a CMA site? That was my issue...which initiated my admitted “trollish behavior”

Not MMA...or the people who do MMA.. heck, I don't do MMA… I love to watch it…great sport…. highly technical stuff…...and I only do a little CMA even now...

Now for a little honesty...

The reason I’m big on “not” coming to a site if all you are going to do is talk trash about it, or pick a fight, is because I used to do that on sites focused on sword fighting/heavy weapons… One day… I thought…. “What the hell am I doing?” “What am I proving? Because “X” group doesn’t practice with full contact or “Y” group only meets once every couple of months or “Z” group only fight with escirma sticks etc…. I knew I fought in a Mecca of heavy weapons fighting, I knew if a guy was any good I’d probably have heard of him and vise a versa…(or the guys I practice with would have….) so if I called a guy out, it was no big deal…hell, I get my azz kicked just about every week…..what was one more?….. And…. what were the odds of someone on those sites that I frequented knowing what I do?…(very slim I believed)

Did that make it right for me to go slag their organizations? To go to their sites and lay down my perceived truth…and if someone didn’t like it call them out? (…knowing that if they didn’t train with armor in a full contact format, just holding up a shield for more than a few minutes was going to be a major hurdle….let alone fight…) how tuff was that? I was a punk!

What was the point?….I couldn’t see one and after I started to think about it…..the only thing I could figure out was…. I was getting my jollies off being the “el primo macho stud” , I loved being an ego/attention *****…. I dug being the overlord over those pathetic wimps who IMO only could sword dance…

Then it hit me…who was the troll? Who was the real pathetic moron? …. Who was getting their ego stroked by typing on the ****’in computer…me… all me …..

Sad piece of **** I’d become…..

Quote Originally Posted by hung-le
    Thanks jethro I appreciate that.... believe it when I say it, I never had a problem with MMA nor the people who do it. In fact I think it’s a great venue to hone your fighting skills…

My problem was with somebody...anybody...representing something other than the specific theme of the news group...it could have been ....Nascar, Football, bowling etc.... coming to a news group "beyond multiple times" to denounce the people who frequent the particular news group...

At the time I was wondering “what the hell! What was a post about the UFC doing on a CMA site? That was my issue...which initiated my admitted “trollish behavior”

Not MMA...or the people who do MMA.. heck, I don't do MMA… I love to watch it…great sport…. highly technical stuff…...and I only do a little CMA even now...

Now for a little honesty...

The reason I’m big on “not” coming to a site if all you are going to do is talk trash about it, or pick a fight, is because I used to do that on sites focused on sword fighting/heavy weapons… One day… I thought…. “What the hell am I doing?” “What am I proving? Because “X” group doesn’t practice with full contact or “Y” group only meets once every couple of months or “Z” group only fight with escirma sticks etc…. I knew I fought in a Mecca of heavy weapons fighting, I knew if a guy was any good I’d probably have heard of him and vise a versa…(or the guys I practice with would have….) so if I called a guy out, it was no big deal…hell, I get my azz kicked just about every week…..what was one more?….. And…. what were the odds of someone on those sites that I frequented knowing what I do?…(very slim I believed)

Did that make it right for me to go slag their organizations? To go to their sites and lay down my perceived truth…and if someone didn’t like it call them out? (…knowing that if they didn’t train with armor in a full contact format, just holding up a shield for more than a few minutes was going to be a major hurdle….let alone fight…) how tuff was that? I was a punk!

What was the point?….I couldn’t see one and after I started to think about it…..the only thing I could figure out was…. I was getting my jollies off being the “el primo macho stud” , I loved being an ego/attention *****…. I dug being the overlord over those pathetic wimps who IMO only could sword dance…

Then it hit me…who was the troll? Who was the real pathetic moron? …. Who was getting their ego stroked by typing on the ****’in computer…me… all me …..

Sad piece of **** I’d become…..
    wow... I've never heard anyone say anything so honest about themselves on a forum like that. seriously. Good post, man.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    here we go again... so because he's wrestled, boxed and trained cma, he's a cma guy who competes in mma?

OH shut up Sevev Star I try to give a guy a compliment and you got to say something.

As far as what he's done I was just pointing out that he is a former kung fu guy of 9 years that now does MMA.

Anyway you said the same thing about kung Lei, when I pointed ot that he's a CMA you gave credit to his Wrestling backround witch he didn't use at all.

Nice try

7's a cma hay ta!

hay ta!

Kung Fu is good for you.