Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Video: ST00's MMA fight (for real)

Video: ST00's MMA fight (for real)

Last edited by MasterKiller; 06-09-2006 at 07:25 PM.

Neat!

strike!

he looks fat.

why do guys equate fat with inability?

tim de silva looks fat. lol but he'll kick ass on a bad day.

tank abbot looked fat too, didn't stop him from taking numbers when it was his time.

There is a difference between carrying a few extra pounds and still working out like that and "being" a fat lazy slob.

anyway...

some good effort there by both dudes.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronim
    he looks fat.

so does your mom's but i still throw her da bone holms.
    where's my beer?

woah. ST00, you are a very good fighter, and a man, but you shouldn't be dissing K. F. like you do. You are a huge sh!t talker. Well I haven't been reading your stuff lately but I remember your attitude from a few years ago.
    Not seeing it. Not seeing why I should take your word over that of my old sifu who boxed, fought NHB, is a cook county sheriff, grew up in the projects, was a marine, and coulda whupped you. The difference is he sees the value in all arts, while agreeing that just K.F. is not gonna do it, but he isn't sitting there dissing masters and sh!t like that and saying K. F. is a way to die.
    Last edited by fa_jing; 06-10-2006 at 10:16 AM.

Sorry, but STOO is? And being fat is good, it gives you that extra strength frmo having all that extra weight.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Wasn't he ragging on SifuAbel for being overweight??? Hilarity!
    A unique snowflake

oh st00 ... thats the same guy my buddy lost to his last fight as well.

very similar fight actually. chris spent a lot of time with the dude in his guard and it went 3 rounds. he lost by decision. he gave the dude mad props and he gave chris a shirt after the fight. its a really cool shirt but i cant remember why.
    where's my beer?

Kudos for having posted your vid and competed....

Now, on to some issues I saw in that vid. I'm not claiming to be MMAist extrodinaire, but there seems to be some issues with your sprawl, mate. You had a few good ones at the beginning, but lacked in the end. Thats why he kept taking you down with the shoot. You have weight and should have pancaked him on that sprawl. Also, you have some severe issues with having your oponent in the guard. It seemed as soon as your back hit the mat, you were lost. You did have some nice arm bar and triangle chock attempts, but you should of kept with it. Also, you need to get in the habit of pushing yourself away from the cage when holding gaurd.

That being said, you did better than I expected. You got some power behind those punches. Merit is due where its deserved, and you deserve it for having the guff to fight and post it.

Kudos, ST00
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

And he talks crap about KF stylists?

Looks to me like he spent more time on his back getting pounded than a 2 dollar hooker. He got manhandled the entire time by that guy. How did he win this fight? Or did he win? Looks like he got beat down pretty good to me.
    Solid Brotha...

- Dolemite

I'm pretty dissapointed in the fight (after all it was a loss.)

Later the guy told me that he saw me warm up and he knew he wanted no part of stand up with me.

Mark was a state wrestling champion and a divIII national champion. no suprise that he has great takedown skill huh?

I broke my plan. I wanted to stay conservative and mobile and keep the fight on our feet, but I saw those low hands and I could'nt help myself I wanted the KO! which gave him exactly the forward pressure he wanted to set up the shot.

On the ground I was working for a few things and I thought I had the armbar but you know how that goes..

at the start of the second rd, I rocked him but he hung on and got the takedown and got it together.

3round more of the asme but he went for the can opener and he had me stacked well and I couldn;t get my hips up.. I started to go out and tapped.

You learn alot from losses and I'll be back with fights this summer and fall.

I took the fight on short notice and lost 30lbs in 60 days to fight 205. I was in the process of lifting and losing weight slowly as I wanted to get down to 185 this fall but the opporitunity came and my conditioning was great. (I was actually suprised how good I felt between rounds..)

I may be fat but I can hang... ;-) see you in the fall @ 185.

Also, you have some severe issues with having your oponent in the guard. It seemed as soon as your back hit the mat, you were lost.
    You're kidding right? I recieved compliments from about 5 different bjj black belts for how composed and relaxed I was. I was continually attacking had at least 4 decent submission attempts and pretty much neutralized his ground and pound until the end. LMAO @ "lost"..

It's ironic that on mma and bjj forums I get respect and compliments, but on a tcma forum (where so precious few have the balls to actually test their skill vs. a guy this) I get lambasted.. that's funny.

Please stop by the gym any day guys and show me how it's really done.
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

I am guessing STOO is saholin Tiger

Much respect for posting that. i can't believe how barbaric it seems, but it is my kin dof thing, I watch that s**t all the time I have to admit.

PS-
    take a shower afterwards
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinTiger00
    I'm pretty dissapointed in the fight (after all it was a loss.)
    I took the fight on short notice and lost 30lbs in 60 days to fight 205. I was in the process of lifting and losing weight slowly as I wanted to get down to 185 this fall but the opporitunity came and my conditioning was great. (I was actually suprised how good I felt between rounds..)
    I HATE cutting weight. My normal fight weight is 220~225. Someone asked if I would fight at 205 and I said no. I did cut 15lbs becuase I had a fight with Sean Liddel but the event got canceled. I don't want to do that again.

I might be going to fight in Greece in August but it will be at 220.
    Last edited by Asia; 06-10-2006 at 05:17 PM.
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

Its very rare to see someone with an offensive guard. 'Specially at this level.

The sprawls at the beggining looked ok, the later sprawls looked late, but he seemed to have a good shoot (which means timing mainly.)

What kind of beer do you drink st00?

strike!