Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Video: ST00's MMA fight (for real)

Anyway you said the same thing about kung Lei, when I pointed ot that he's a CMA you gave credit to his Wrestling backround witch he didn't use at all.
    ???

If you think his wrestling credentials (which are excellent) don't inform his fighting...

Wow. Just Wow.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

MP please don't bait me into another one of these discussions, I'm just talking about symantics nothing else. Any way this thread is about ST performance not CMA VRS. MMA.

Good fight, Bro. The only critique I have is that you when you had him in guard, you spent a lot of time on your back instead of on your hips.

And before I forget: Dayum Bro, you make MP look purty you ugly Bastige.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon

And before I forget: Dayum Bro, you make MP look purty you ugly Bastige.

You will not talk about my twin brother like that!
    Beware for you have now incurred my wrath and the fury.
    Your puny little town of San Antonio will now be consumed by temperatures exceeding 100 degrees F.

O wait... MP *IS* purty...
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

lol. When you gonna come visit Bro? I got a couple guys under me right now. I'm not really qualified to teach, but I can beat them up pretty easy so I figure why not?
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

[QUOTE=ShaolinTiger00]

USKBA rules B L O W

[QUOTE]

Hey, guess what? If you don't like them, you don't have to compete under them. Is there a point to constantly *****ing about them on here? No one is going to make you compete under them
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Hey guess what? I've got an opinion and if I feel like expressing it I will. I only bring them up when I'm talking to Ray about them. It's a public forum. God knows you've said things on here (or there) that people don't agree with..
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon
    lol. When you gonna come visit Bro? I got a couple guys under me right now. I'm not really qualified to teach, but I can beat them up pretty easy so I figure why not?

All I can say is "soon"... I can not betray my whereabouts or my intentions because there are ninjas luking... deadly martian ninjas and they will numchuck my azz...

Nah, I really don't know. My birfday is the 19th, but this saturday is a fillipino festival that i wanna take my woman to.

Maybe the following weekend, gotta see what else is goin on.
    I really wanna show my girl San Antonio, Austin, and maybe even Lubbock.
    I'll let yah know.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    ideally, the head isn't exposed. when the shot is done correctly, the head is in deep - past the body. It is not available to be hit. As with any technique, it can be countered, which is what the sprawl is great for.

Before your head can get in deep, it has to go past the range of a fist, forearm and elbow. And if your arms are grabbing a leg, the head is completely open.

Now, I understand that strikes can miss. And if the shoot is good and the striker is caught unaware, it will be succesful.

But generally, especially in fighting, I don't like 50/50 odds.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    If you are Scotch-Irish, what's with all the Puerto Rican posturing?

That's a Cuban flag .... revolutionary red

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina
    Before your head can get in deep, it has to go past the range of a fist, forearm and elbow. And if your arms are grabbing a leg, the head is completely open.

Now, I understand that strikes can miss. And if the shoot is good and the striker is caught unaware, it will be succesful.

nah, it's in the setup, man like anything else. I'm not gonna shoot in while you are ready to retaliate. i will follow one of your kicks back in, duck under a punch, etc. I will let you make it easy for me to pass the fist, forearm and elbow. you really can't deny the effectiveness of it - it's probably the most successfully used takedown in wrestling and mma. IMO, 50/50 odds are something you learn to deal with. Nothing is 100%...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina

He did hit him on the way in, fairly well, it just wasn't enough. It's like when I'm driving on the highway, I have my plan, my direction, but I like to have a backup plan too where I can jump into another lane or spot in case someone tries to do something crazy or the wheel pops off or whatever. I think it has to be two things, cause the guy is going to adjust. Or like Monkeyslap taught us in his seminar, you need to affect two different planes in order to throw someone. Just one and they can stumble out of it.

speaking of monkeyslap, where is he??
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I'm just talking about symantics nothing else.
    1. Semantics are the soul of argumentation and meaning. Without establishing what it is we are actually talking about (not you/me, but in general) argumentation serves no purpose since definitions wouldn't be clearly understood.

2. Ah good! If it's all semantics, then there is no point in using style as anything other than shorthand for a preferred approach to fighting. We're all doing exactly the same things, when comparing apples to apples. I've been vigorously arguing this for quite some time now.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

style vs. training methods... hey is that square 1 I see right in front?
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators