Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: David Kash vs Royal Dragon.

David Kash vs Royal Dragon.

I'm curious. Is northern Tai Tzu Chang Quan taught in the U.S? Are there reputable instructors of good lineage within the continental 48 states? What forms does Tai Tzu Chang Quan consist of? Are there weapon as well as bare hand forms, or is the system strictly bare-hand? Is there media available in which Tai Tzu Chang Quan is demonstrated?

Royal Dragon in

I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Yes, there is legit Tai tzu in the USA, it's just not common.

I know MAster gus Rubio out of Miami has a very good tai Tzu system. One of his seniors is our very own Sifu Abel, so you may want to shoot him a PM, and I have been able to collect and authenticate a good amount of it from various lineages too.

The style has both emptyhand, and weapons forms.

If you google Tai Tzu Chang Chuan, you will find plumb productions, and http://www.cmaod.com/ have VCD'S with the original form, and a few others.

Also, here is a clip of one branch's Tai Tzu Chang Chuan form so you can see what it looks like. This set is common in Taiwan.

http://www.yangsandover.com/videos.shtml?page=Li1
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 05-20-2006 at 06:14 AM.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

As taught by my father, the real secret is not in the names of the forms, but the diagrams and the Gua then the correspondences. Names are for sections only. All "Tai Tzu" means is Grand Progenitor (Supreme Ancestor/ The Founder of the Dynasty) NO OTHER MEANING. Genghis Khan was called Tai Tzu Genghis Khan founder of Yuan Dynasty. Over all this is called Jing Yan Pai (Emperical method).

From my family style, with out Gua there is nothing. 18 family styles came from this style and was used first by family then body guards and then army. Chang San Feng was not the founder of Taiji, it was founded by Chu family arts in the Chu Pao Fortress then taught General Chen. Geat amount of information to be told.

Great forum to learn, but be cautious of people.

Yuk-Hing

Thank you for your responses to my question. I've found the 32 move Tai Tzu form I've seen to be graceful and flowing with many good techniques. It resembles a combination of Hong "Red" fist boxing and Mi Zong without the "pauses" or "poses". All this within a relatively short form. I'm interested in learning more about this system. I'm particularly interested in the variations practiced in Hebei Prov. and Taiwan.

Chu, I followed your post for the most part, but I'm confused about what you mean by Gua. What are Gua? Do you mean diagrams as in illustrations, followed by the Gua, and then correspondence as I'm corresponding with you now? Is Gua specific to Tai Tzu or is it a general CMA concept?

I belive the comercially avaliable tai tzu tape is only the first road of that form. The rest has not been released by Shaolin as of yet (That I know of anyway). I hear it's written in the manuals, but only the names of the postures are listed, no transitions.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Does ShaoLin keep all records of all the forms? If it is just the names of the postures how do they know the form? Maybe only the high priests know of the forms. Where can I get tapes from ShaoLin of Tai Tzu Chang Chuan?

Wing lam has them, as does plumb productions. You can also find VCD's of the form here www.cmaod.com

I am sure that the Monks know the whole set.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I'm still curious. What does "Gua" mean? Is it a term that applies only to Tai Tzu Quan, or is it a general CMA concept?

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon
    Royal Dragon in

lmao. i was thinking that as soon as i started reading the question

i am assuming that the gua are the trigrams from the i ching. the same ones from baguazhang. but i could be wrong since i am not familiar with tai tzu.

Tai Zu Chang Quan

Quote Originally Posted by lamakwoklee
    Thank you for your responses to my question. I've found the 32 move Tai Tzu form I've seen to be graceful and flowing with many good techniques. It resembles a combination of Hong "Red" fist boxing and Mi Zong without the "pauses" or "poses". All this within a relatively short form. I'm interested in learning more about this system. I'm particularly interested in the variations practiced in Hebei Prov. and Taiwan.

Chu, I followed your post for the most part, but I'm confused about what you mean by Gua. What are Gua? Do you mean diagrams as in illustrations, followed by the Gua, and then correspondence as I'm corresponding with you now? Is Gua specific to Tai Tzu or is it a general CMA concept?
    There are different variations of Tai Zu chang Quan even in Taiwan. The Tai Zu Chang Quan that I practice has three forms there is Tai Zu Chang Quan yi lu (first road), Tai Zu Chang Quan er lu ( second road), and Tai Zu chang quan dui da (two man form). My Grandmaster moved from Shandong to Taiwan and taught in Taiwan. The forms that we practice are unique and I haven't seen them anywhere else besides students of my Grandmaster in Taiwan and my father.

shaolinche,
    One of these days, we are going to have to hook up. I would love to see those sets!

For the Women:

+ = & a

Thank you Shaolinche for your very direct and non-esoteric answers. I think if more people skilled in Tai Tzu Quan would share even basic knowledge, it would deny charlatans the ability to lay claim to knowledge they don't have, and lineage that doesn't exist. I think the various branches, and lineages of Tai Tzu Quan are not quite as rare as some would have us believe. It's only that not many qualified to teach have come together to preserve the knowledge in a systematic way.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by lamakwoklee
    Thank you Shaolinche for your very direct and non-esoteric answers. I think if more people skilled in Tai Tzu Quan would share even basic knowledge, it would deny charlatans the ability to lay claim to knowledge they don't have, and lineage that doesn't exist. I think the various branches, and lineages of Tai Tzu Quan are not quite as rare as some would have us believe. It's only that not many qualified to teach have come together to preserve the knowledge in a systematic way.

word.

and that's a microcosm of the whole problem with TCMA.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"