Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: David Kash vs Royal Dragon.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    good lord..........
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Red face Say what?

Dang, I should have done my Taiji better had I known this is a gold mine! BTW, I have a family secret form that's handed down for centuries created from the code hidden in the Tang Dynasty poems collection. Would you want that for a mere million dollars? I only want to be an instant millionaire so that I could got get Anna Nicole Smith to stay a month with me. See I am such a kind hearted Chinese that I don't want your soul for the contract.

Seriously, caveat emptor is the best policy. If you do have money to burn, why not donate it to some good causes or may be charity? Better yet, private charity case like my personal vactions fund.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

This forum is too hard to stay away from.

Nobody with any brains or financial sense EVER says 'price is no object'.

You won't find Warren Buffett, George Soros, Bill Gates, Donald Trump or anybody ever saying 'price is no object.'

Okay, I've got all the secret Tai Zu forms, only 9 trillion $$$.

You'll wire the money to my Swiss Account, right? No, wait, I want it all as Gold Bullion, fedexed to my house immediately.

LMAO

I will sell him everything I have on Tai Tzu for a mear $160,000.00
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    I will sell him everything I have on Tai Tzu for a mear $160,000.00
    If I had any Tai Tzu, I'd sell it to him. But ??? Why would anybody want to pay so much for just videos?

royal dragon

I am also wanting all these super secret styles. I will give you 40,000 yen. your decision?
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Thank you Sven

Hello, Svenfeynord, yes I can send you a dvd of my father doing an old form and some tai ji rule we will give you a member card too.

Thank you. I hope other sincere people will want to learn this rare art too instead of making jokes about it. Those type will recieve nothing at all.

It was my fathers hope to share some information, with sincere students such as you, however this may not be possible. I believe you are really looking for the help and truth about our family style.

Yuk Hing

Quote Originally Posted by Chu
    Hello, Svenfeynord, yes I can send you a dvd of my father doing an old form and some tai ji rule we will give you a member card too.

Thank you. I hope other sincere people will want to learn this rare art too instead of making jokes about it. Those type will recieve nothing at all.

It was my fathers hope to share some information, with sincere students such as you, however this may not be possible. I believe you are really looking for the help and truth about our family style.

Yuk Hing
    Part of the thing about this whole dialogue, is who really cares about forms? You can buy all the supposedly rare forms on VCD from China that you want. Forms means nothing.

Your description of your father's old notes reads the same as pretty much any tai chi textbook.

So coming onto a forum without much introduction, claiming you have some great rare style, and then getting mad when people think you sound a little funny is kindof wrong.

But it looks like you caught a fish, or maybe somebody just playing with you, so great!

Anyone notice all the new Tai Tzu related posts latey? Except me and Sifu Abel, they are ALL from people who signed up in the last few months.

Coincedentally, they all seem to be flocking around Chu as well. One even signed up the same day as him.

In all honesty, I have done the searchig for rare styles thing, and except for a few real gems, I have found that they are useually nothing more than comon main stream styles that have been arranged diferently.

Take Chao style taiji. I have not found ANYTHING in the system, that is not also in Yang, or Chen Taiji.

Tai Tzu is really cool, and *I* love the art. I have done great research into it, and discovered some really rare sets. But still, when you break it down into it's core techniques, it's still basically Long Fist. It's supposed to be an internal Long Fist, and has body mechanics similar to Chen style, but it is still Long Fist none the less.

No matter what art you study (there are thousands of them really), no matter how many styles there are, they ALL run on a rather small set of principals.

Don't get me wrong, I love the rare stuff too, but if you were to take say, Taiji Ruler, and break it down to it's core principals, you will find they are taught in all internal styles. That is why it is a great set of Qi Gong's, because you learn the core of internal movment within it's simple series of exercises. Is it the *Only* place you can learn them?.................. no.

You can get everything the Taiji Ruler has to offer from Li hu Ba Fa's 12 animals, or Bagua's 8 palms, any Tai Chi system, or any numer of Qi Gong systems and martial arts sporting an internal nature.

The forms, and Qi Gong's are just containers for the core essence, and once you can look past the containers, you will find those core essences are not so rare.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

IMHO the only people trying to peddle off their MA forms as so rare and valuable are people trying to make an easy buck.

Hmm, I tend to agree with you. I have found some really rare gems, especially in Tai tzu sets. in each case, the form was not presented as being rare. n fact, in one case I found one of the rarest Tai Tzu sets to date, and it was passed to me freely. I really belive the gentiileman did not know what he had, but still those who care about the art will pass rare sets, and not even make mention of the fact.

Others on the other hand, spend a *Great* deal of energy trying to make common and modern Taiji systems (For instance) *Appear* rare, when the only thing really rare is the order in which the techniquies are choreagraphed during the performance.

The techniques themselves are commonly found in most Taiji systems, and ultimately, they are not rare at all. It's just the individual attempting to make it so to jock up the perceived value so they can charge $160,000 (as an example) for common material.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I know nothing about Tai Tzu. But, I have yet to find anything in taiji that isn't in long fist.

I don't know what would make a form so rare and valuable, because I have gotten breakdowns of some forms people were charging hundreds of dollars for, and they just contain basic long fist moves.

So IMHO people charging a ton are just trying to make a lot of money. Either that, or they got told a line of hookum by whoever taught them.

But I could be wrong. Has happened before.

I tend to agree.

Taiji really isn't about what techniques it containes, it's more about "How" they are performed.

Like I said above, the form is the container, whats IN that container is what is important. That is not all that rare at all.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    I tend to agree.

Taiji really isn't about what techniques it containes, it's more about "How" they are performed.

Like I said above, the form is the container, whats IN that container is what is important. That is not all that rare at all.
    And different lineages do the same tai chi form differently. Like some so-called imperial palace Yang lineages really stretch out the moves in an exaggerated fashion in some lower stances, whereas some other lineages like Yang Jun do them really standing up.

IMHO spending years and years with one teacher doing a form without the applications is a waste of time, but others don't agree with this.

Basically I just think most people spend too much time worrying about lineage and form and the 'container' so to speak. Other people like me seem to waste too much time online. LOL

LOL!! We both waste too much time online!

You are right, too many worrie way to much about the container, and not enough about the contents.

For the Women:

+ = & a