Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muscle/tendon , Marrow brain washing

Muscle/tendon , Marrow brain washing

Any of you guys into this stuff at all?

If so what type are you doing and how do offen do you practise this?

regards
    Garry

The first chi gong that worked for me was the bone condensing breathing that is termed bone switching/marrow changing.

Inhale draw the chi from the dan tien to the skeleton in sections and then on the exhale compress it in. I did it with the 12 divisions of the arms and legs then pelvis, spine, collar bone, ribs, jaw and then skull in that order. I felt an ambiguous flow at first but after a couple days I started to feel like a cattle prod was zapping me in the dan tien and making my whole skeleton light up. It would make me jerk like actually getting an electric shock.

I did this daily for several months in 94 untill I had a blow-out vision on a walk in the woods, my mind exploded into the universe. Looking at the trees did not reveal leaves and bark. I saw explosions of fiery, living, golden light. It began where the seeds sprouted originally. The explosions then flowed upwards and downwards forming the tree. The dark gravel trail became a stream of glowing gemstones. It was like I woke up and was seeing reality for the first time. I saw that everything was connected though our animating, life-force and I also knew everthing since the beginning of time. It faded of course but for a few moments I was complete.

After that everything contrived seemed wrong. It wasn't wrong to do at first but since then natural seems better. The qi gong did its job I guess and now I was on my own.

As a side note I used to hide the fact that I was into the spiritual side of things. Now I must be getting at an age where I dont care what people think and I just want to help folks.

Hope this helps.
    Give me immortality or give me death!

Hi Darin,

I am glad you have decided to share your experiences. Keep in mind you will never find others who have had similar experiences without risking the sharing of your own.

It is not unusual to keep it to oneself I must say. There are many dabblers and few who are serious, not to mention the attachment many have to their own path that makes sharing somewhat of a risk. But as it is said, "Nothing ventured nothing gained!" I always appreciate your thoughts and that you share of your experiences.

BTW I have experimented with this process too, about 10 years ago, but I lost the time I set aside for practice.

Quote Originally Posted by DarinHamel
    my mind exploded into the universe. Looking at the trees did not reveal leaves and bark. I saw explosions of fiery, living, golden light. It began where the seeds sprouted originally. The explosions then flowed upwards and downwards forming the tree. The dark gravel trail became a stream of glowing gemstones. It was like I woke up and was seeing reality for the first time. I saw that everything was connected though our animating, life-force and I also knew everthing since the beginning of time. It faded of course but for a few moments I was complete.
    Sounds like an experience I once had.

But I'd eaten a bunch of mushrooms a couple hours earlier.

Who's got the ACID, share it man!!

Great experience, ive had a few really weird and wonderful things that has opened my eyes of my art and training. What the mind and energy can do compared to the fighting aspects makes you think why even learn kick punch etc when u can explore your inner self and mind and outer self too.

Garry

Greetings..

When we actually unite the body, mind and spirit into a seamless process.. then, the term "Martial Arts" reveals itself.. fragment or unbalance the equation and you'll see conflict and such.. consciousness collapses energy into matter.. Body (matter), mind (consciousness), spirit (energy).. it's a tough path in a discipline that finds such notions contrary to the "martial" side of the equation.. but, it is the Holy Grail..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Darin, thanks for sharing your experience.
    Btw, LOL at "Great Googley Moogley!"...I remember that commerical!!!

thanks for sharing, sounds like similar exp that i've had in the past....

this one time iw as walking down this road, that i was so familar with, but one day it looked tottally different. I felt this great inner peaceful feelign in my stomach and the whole road/area looked complietenly different. it was like... i was reborn and my eyes were open for the very FIRST TIME, ....so calm, so ...amazing.

when i noticed that i had this feeling, it went away.....and i was back in the normal state wondering wtf this was.. =D

the feelng came and went here n there a few times...it was coool and amazing!!.

Greetings..

There is a "Ghost-Structure" to the body.. it is the interconnected Connective Tissue.. this amazing structure is present at every level of organization, from the sub-cellular level to organs and bones.. ligaments, sinews and cartilage are primarily connective tissue.. Connective tissue communicates up to 20 times faster than the nervous system and is much more widely distributed throughout the body.. This tissue is a transporter of colagen and is very morphic itself, adapting characteristics as needed for a particular process.. Connective tissue seems to be more linked with consciousness than with the functions of the brain/mind.. I insert this description here because of its link to the QiGong being discussed.. i lack the skills to adequately (and succinctly) explain its importance.. Rick Barrett's book, Through the Western Gate, does a great job.. so does Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming.. The benefit of understanding and using this remarkable and little understood structure for MA is worthy of great research.. From my own perspective, it is like a "Whole Body Mind", a support system upon which the other systems are founded.. it can act, respond, and transmit data so fast as to be a "real-time" and unified process.. and, it is interwoven into ALL other systems in the body.. Worth the research... (i'm just beginning to realize the untapped power of this system)..

Be well..

Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiBob

There is a "Ghost-Structure" to the body.. it is the interconnected Connective Tissue
    Hello Tai Chi Bob,

Fascinating, similar to something I have briefly read before during my acupuncture training but I didn't make the connection with martial arts. Please explain more.... is there a website somewhere I can read more on it?

Cheers,
    John
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Greetings..

Hi John.. Well, for starters, i googled "Connective tissue" when i was first introduced to this concept.. the western medical notion of connective tisue is quite consistent with the eastern but lacks the vision to see its implication as foundational or its potential as a link to consciousness.. i spent many hours researching the classic medical interpretations of Connective Tissue and its importance when seen as a whole system is staggering.. if we were to remove all other tissue from the body we would still have a very recognizable form (dimmer by virtue if loss of mass).. there are some circles of scientists that are investigating the possibility that memory is resident in this tissue.. there is no conclusive evidence that memory is resident in the brain.. connective tissue is most closely similar to Liquid Crystal structures.. linked throughout every cell in the body and communicating through vibrations like a spider's web.. each cell is an independent living organism (that is what a "cell" is), these cells arrange and organize themselves into coordinated colonies for specific purposes (organs, etc...), and.. they do this by communicating through the connective tissue.. the Connective Tissue (CT) fills the spaces between cells and is present at the molecular level..

Sensory input is so intense that the nervous system and our 5 senses only focus on approximately 1 part per milliion.. the rest of the data is unprocessable by standard mental processes. it is believed, by a growing number of researchers, that much more of the sensory input is absorbed by the CT and is integral to the intuitive processes.. an interesting note here is that muscular tension dampens the CT communication process by restricting the vibrations along CT networks.. which may account for the wisdoms of "relaxed power" as implied by the Taiji Classics.. CT adapts so quickly to stimulus (and consciousness it is believed) that its structure of the body can "crystalize" into a resilient solid matrix much quicker and more efficiently than muscular manipulation.. ("Peng"?) the "matrix" is similar to a suspension bridge or geodesic dome, a dynamic interplay of geometric relationships constantly adjusting to the present condition through an integrated web of vibrating communication.. high levels of structural integrity occur as vibrations resonate and become coherent (synchronize throughout the system).. this is like building a Geodesic Dome Matrix from the point of contact to (and into) the ground.. vibrations project outward and effect other structures (objects, beings, etc..).. ("rooting"?).. The CT can instantly structure itself through vibrating resonance into a geodesic matrix........ this can be amplified through consciousness!! the matrix can restructure itself instantly due to its instant communication and adaptation process.. the way a spider feels the vibrations in its web..

Invoking the mind initiates the nervous system's dependence on the muscular system, a long trusted relationship.. stilling the mind and invoking consciousness amplifies the CT system.. we need to develop a relationship with the CT system so as to trust its amazing potential...

But, i ramble.. please just do the research.. Read Rick's book.. there is untold wisdom in the processes that are just now being understood by science.. the links between CT, consciousness, energy coherence, and frequency modulation.. might be the "holy grail".. i don't "know", but.. so far, i have found no evidence to the contrary..

Be well...
    Last edited by TaiChiBob; 06-28-2006 at 05:25 AM.

Greetings..

Here are links that describes the proliferation of the Connective Tissue and its structural importance.. note that blood is considered Connective Tissue... (this is a western medical interpretation)

http://www.answers.com/topic/connective-tissue
    http://www.mesomorphosis.com/article...-tissue-01.htm
    http://www.botany.uwc.ac.za/sci_ed/g...Connective.htm
    http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6882/5/10 (Accupuncture related)

Be well...
    Last edited by TaiChiBob; 06-28-2006 at 05:53 AM.

I was meditating one evening about 8 years ago (right before dark I can see the energy around trees) and I saw the energy around the tree expand until it was one with the sky around it and eventualy me. It freaked me out and I snapped out of it but was another instance of seeing the truth of things. I spent a lot of time pondering and pursuing this sort of thing after my mother dies.

Now, instances like that are less common, but I see the truth in my day-to-day. That we are each just an individual expression of the One. That it's all....

Greetings,

Ray: Nice sharing, thanks.. nice link to waves, speaking of which.. how's the surf? .. i am having major realizations and restructuring my understanding of "who i am" (who WE ARE).. many years of training and research are intersecting in the present and it is a profound experience..

The unity of our physical Connective Tissue System, its link to consciousness, their coherence with the brain/mind/nervous system, synchronizing energy frequencies, establishing vibrational links within and without.. all of this is like an orchestra.. untrained, it's just noise.. trained, it's the most beautiful symphony.. and, the potential is beyond my comprehension..

Be well...

Greetings..

Thanks for the contribution, cjurakpt.. good link, too..

So, i am learning that "Sung/Song" is more about relaxing into the structure of "Tensegrity" than muscular dynamics.. very interesting stuff! that also i can activate the CT through a process i can't yet describe, it is currently inconsistent, but.. i'm working on that.. it seems more like letting intuition take over, but that isn't quite right either.. maddening in the lack of language to adequately describe it.. I know that if i relax my mind i can actually feel the CT respond to pressure, change and intention.. but, just as i "notice" it, my mind jumps in to analyze it and the feeling diminishes... it seems most difficult to stay in the relaxed mental state under pressure, we have a long and "comfortable" history of trusting the external systems (neuro-muscular) and the fast pace of dynamic training is a challenge to the "quiet mind"... those instances where i can stay connected and mentally relaxed seem to alter the time/space relationship, i don't react to what's happening.. i AM what's happening.. that is the beauty of CT, it is not a controlled combination of senses, muscles and bones.. allthose things are effected by the CT into a single unified expression.. "the whole body moves as one thing"..

I share this in hopes that others will have a go at it and share their experiences/insights.. that through continued experimentation we can build on the work of western pioneers and eastern traditions to reach further toward the remarkable potentials of Taiji.. the implications of accessing and training the CT/Tensegrity super-structure are tremendous, in every aspect of living.. As a by-product of this research, i am delving deeply into harmonic resonance, energy coherence, and vibrational frequencies relative to the CT mechanics....

Be well...