Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anything new???

Anything new???

I was away a couple of weeks and wondering anything new? I saw some threads moved around. Who got banned? Why is the women forum locked?

nothing really new. There si a good vidoe of a fight from shaolin tiger (stoo). A bunch of people came in to rip on rd, I played somepost fu with them. They merged all of those threads together. How I didn't get banned, I dunno. some people did get banned, but who cares. The women threads
    got merged and locked because of hieronim and neihlyholt.
    Is there anything else I can answer for you today?
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

Film at 11

lol @ Dateline Jethro

funny
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Yeah, it was exciting for a while, but then the mods stepped in as they should and locked it down.

I guess now when anybody asks me anything regarding religion, politics, women, martial arts or ??? I should just answer, "I'll take the 5th."

Maybe they need a new amendment to counter the old 1st amendment, which is, "Freedom of speech is only allowed as long as it does not make anyone else mad."
    Last edited by neilhytholt; 06-14-2006 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt
    I guess now when anybody asks me anything regarding religion, politics, women, martial arts or ??? I should just answer, "I'll take the 5th."
    I've found "forty-two" works pretty well too.

Also new- the Coach Ross Vs. Mark Negron flame war/potential fight has gone from "Internet Head-butting that may lead to a fight at a nebulous point in time" to "Verbal Bagua-walking with Lots of Head-butting, Menage a trois style, et al."

I'd read more of that thread to glean more info on the issue and thus be better informed, but this warning on the back of the Advil Liquigel bottle tells me not to take more than 6 in a 24-hour period.
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

OK, So What Was This Fight About Again?

When Is It Going To Take Place?

Are they fighting because people are instigating them or is it more?

Quote Originally Posted by RUFNTUFGIRL
    OK, So What Was This Fight About Again?

When Is It Going To Take Place?

Are they fighting because people are instigating them or is it more?
    We probably shouldn't go there. Gene said he'd ban anybody that brought it up again, and a couple have already been banned. There's a whole thread on it if you want to take a look and decide for yourself.

let me see here

the imkfc and mark negro fight is a thread that I agree with BlueT, it is not readable. But BlueT, I have taken more than 6 in 24 hours, just don't do it moer than 3 days in a row. (Especially for purposes of reading that thread). Sifuabel and Shaolintiger fight thread is a tad better, though I haven't made it through much more of this than the other Sifuabel ran away once he saw the video of shaolintiger so that fight won't happen. And then these guys keep coming on to challenge royal dragon. Which brings me to a good quote on a signature I saw that chud has.
    "Do not display your treasures or people will become envious." (Tao Te Ching, Chapter 3)

That is why I will certainly never put my name on here, have the travelling road kung fu group coming to your town casue they called you out would be stupid. But not near as stupid as trying to challenge someone to a fight over the intenet over and over and over again. Don't private messages work?

Sorry I don't know a ton about the fights, I can't read teh same thing over and over again fir 20 pages
    And what other questions can I answer for you today.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

I wouldn't worry over much about Coach Ross and the "internet fight" challenge. That seems to happen to him about once a year or so and has never come to fruition. I didn't bother to read the thread, cecause I saw that ED had also posted on it, and figured it would be a repete of all the other's...

quit posting on the women's "forum" because anyone with half a brain should have seen that fiasco comming...

Seriously folks. This is just a forum. Keep your really odd, sexist, or perverted oppinions to yourself, and it would be alot more enjoyable for all involved...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by Becca
    Seriously folks. This is just a forum. Keep your really odd, sexist, or perverted oppinions to yourself, and it would be alot more enjoyable for all involved...
    When you try to educate the young pups to watch their back, it's sexist.
    When you try to put the martial back in martial arts, you're being violent and lack character.

Oh, well. Sign of the times, I guess.

Perspective. Perspective. Perspective.

Fighting or violent use of forces is like a storm.

We have to remain calm or peaceful so that we have a clear mind to steer the dinky boat we call the body in face of the stormy sea.

You stress the dishing out of violences and receiving the violences.

We may also stress the calmness part of steering or manuevering to neutralize and countermoves.

We may talk about how violent the fighting or storm is.

We may also talk about how calm and skillful the captain is to steer an old boat in the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt
    When you try to educate the young pups to watch their back, it's sexist.
    When you try to put the martial back in martial arts, you're being violent and lack character.

Oh, well. Sign of the times, I guess.
    But trying to ram your oppinions down the throuts of those who are not receptive is argumentative and immature. You can't "save" a person who doesn't want saved... It also ensures alot of people get banned and alot of good threads get hijacked or locked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

But trying to ram your oppinions down the throuts of those who are not receptive is argumentative and immature. You can't "save" a person who doesn't want saved... It also ensures alot of people get banned and alot of good threads get hijacked or locked.
    Well it's a forum. Believe me, none of my comments about dealing with women were directed at the women. They were directed at the men. Not that you can't read them and argue if you want, it is a forum.

What I find is when people can't argue effectively, they use fallacious reasoning. They will label people violent or sexist, which is a fallacy known as a 'Personal Attack'. Or they will distort what you're trying to say, which is known as 'Straw Man'.

So, if for example, I say that martial arts should be about fighting (learning to actually fight) and self defense, they might attack me and say that I lack character and only think about violence, and that I'm encouraging people to be violent. Did I say that? No. If somebody attacks you, you should know how to defend, right? (I didn't say go out and do random violence).

So they are committing straw-man fallacy, by distorting my argument, by saying I'm encouraging violence, etc. They are committing a personal attack fallacy by saying I lack character or am violent.

Or, for example, I say that I've had a lot of bad experiences with women, and I think men should watch it. Instead of countering my argument, they will distort my argument and say that I'm making sexist statements. They will attack me personally, and say that I'm a misogynist.

Formal fallacies commmitted, same two. Mis-stating the argument and committing straw-man and personal attack.

The disturbing thing is it's becoming the way of personal dialogue in the U.S. It happens in the media all the time. They used to call it Yellow Journalism, now they call it news. LOL

Edit:

If you want to find out more about fallacies when argumenting, here is a link with some definitions of various fallacies:

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

Oh, also, if I have committed a fallacy on here it would likely be 'Hasty Generalization'. Except that I have tried to back up my arguments with statistics, which were of course deemed irrelevant. LOL
    Last edited by neilhytholt; 06-18-2006 at 09:59 AM.

IMHO there are a few fallacies being committed here as well. For example, saying people are ramming things down people's throats. Is posting something on a forum ramming it down their throat? No, it is not. It's words on a page.

Saying you can't "save" a person who doesn't want to be saved. Am I trying save you? Was I even talking to you? Am I trying to "save" anybody? I'm stating an opinion, on a forum. I'm not coming to your house and prosthetylizing or forcing you to do anything.

It ensures a lot of people get banned. Who has been banned? People who have been banned are people who continued after warning to post on threads such as the RD thread. If I were to continue talking about my experiences with my ex in a 'negative' light towards women as you and some others construed, I would likely be banned. I stopped because the mods made a good point, that it really doesn't belong on here. But saying a lot of people are getting banned is not true.

As for the 'good threads getting locked', well I guess that's valid as that women thread got locked. But the reason it got locked was because people did not want to argue effectively and instead got mad about it.

But start another thread if you want one. Since the men have been warned not to post on the women threads, start another woman thread if you want to. Nobody's stopping you.