Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ATTN!!!! Help me interview steve seagal

ask him what its like being choked by gene lebell or fighting the machado brothers on the set of under siege 2.

It is Hollywood. Everything is made believed or not real.

But everyone likes the storyline of good prevails over evil. And justice wins.

or something to that effect.

From John Wayne in the western movies to Steven Seagal in the latest movies;

Quote Originally Posted by Oso
    wow, you must be a huge fan.
    Don't get you...

I think the guy's a ****ing idiot (albeit one with a relatively lucrative movie career), but I think most of my questions (except the couple of obvious ****-takes) are to the point yet not rude. No?

Unless you were referring to the number of questions I was asking... well, I'm naturally inquisitive: it must have been about 3 seconds of thought...

I would also ask him

What does he miss about Japan/the States?

What does he not miss?

Which actors has he most enjoyed working with?

please, continue
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

hehehe

after you sir, after you.

no no no, you seemed like you had more questions, go right ahead
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Ask him how he can shred a guitar while still looking so good in his Native American inspired haircut.

Ask him what he'd do in a fight against Chuck Norris knowing that behind his beard lurks another fist.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

I am a fan of crime or bad guy buster movie in general.

Clint Eastwood is all time favorite. Even at his "advanced age", he still plays roles in the movie. however, "mill $ baby" was too sad.

Charles Brownson is like a cold blooded shooter.

On TV, hawaii 5-O, Kojack, Columbo etc etc.

--

I am just a fan of the big and small screens.

--

Steven has his own styles, a Tibetan monk, native American, or Aikidoka. It is ok with me. As long as the bad guys got "beaten"--

Quote Originally Posted by CaptinPickAxe
    Ask him how he can shred a guitar while still looking so good in his Native American inspired haircut.

Ask him what he'd do in a fight against Chuck Norris knowing that behind his beard lurks another fist.

Actually, my last question was supposed to be between him, norris, jackie chan and jet li, who did he think would win...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Well, how did he answer?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

How Seven Struck out with Seagal

I showed up at the place and a few of the band members and sound crew were there. One of the local news stations was outside and I talked with their anchor for a minute, then I followed him inside. The people who were there were getting set up. Apparently, the news was really interested, because some local blues guy was hating on seagal on TV tuesday night. He said something to the effect of "How can a white boy expect to play blues - especially in the home of the blues..." Seagal did an on air reply stating that the guy had no right to tell him he knew nothing about blues and could not judge him.

Anyway, back to the night...

The band fully showed up - about an hour and a half late, and there was some really hot woman there who seemed to know a whole lot about seagal - I think that may have been his new girl or something. Anyway, I talked to her and she told me she'd introduce me and see if I could ask some questions. At the same time, his PR guy was talking to the news crew and basically told them the same thing. We go outside and the camera crew sets up. They ask him a few general questions - some of the same ones that were on my list - and a few others. The interview was fairly short, as they were running late and needed to get on with the sound check.

He walked back inside the building, which is when the woman introduced me to him. We shook hands and I shoulda told him that the bass player was my boy. Instead, I told him that I was a representative of this magazine. Strike one.

He told me that he had been very unhappy with the content of martial arts mags in recent years and because of that, tended to stay away from them. He was cool with answering some questions though, and made sure that I followed whereever he went so that I could talk to him. Naturally, I wanted to ask some MA related questions, so I said "I understand your comment about MA mags and to an extent, I agree. But does this mean that you would rather not deal with MA questions?" His reply was "Please, no." Strike two.

I asked him a few music related questions and a question about his energy drinks. After that, the guys were rushing him in for the sound check, so I cut it short. I thanked the beautiful woman from earlier and she asked me if I had gotten everything I needed. I told her that I didn't get to ask all of my questions and she invited me to come back later and see if possibly he would answer them then. I stuck around for the sound check, then went home with the intention of coming back to see the show, then ask questions. I got home, sat on the couch watching some boring show with my kid and dozed off. It was like midnight when I woke up. Strike three.

I did call a number Gene sent me this morning though, with interest in setting up a phone interview, as I do want to get some of these MA questions asked. But in the meantime, I really don't have enough to write an article about, unless I write one about how I struck out with the interview...
    Last edited by SevenStar; 06-15-2006 at 08:50 AM.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Well, you already wrote about how you struck out...

...and if we wanted to read about striking out, we could just read the one of many strike out threads here on the main forum. Sorry it didn't work out though. And I'm even more sorry you didn't get to hear Seagal play. That's key to it all, methinks.

Was that beautiful woman a small Asian chick with a pierced lip?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    ...and if we wanted to read about striking out, we could just read the one of many strike out threads here on the main forum. Sorry it didn't work out though. And I'm even more sorry you didn't get to hear Seagal play. That's key to it all, methinks.

Was that beautiful woman a small Asian chick with a pierced lip?
    yeah, that's her. Who is she? maybe she can be a got qi girl?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

You guys get to have so much fun. How'd you get to have so much fun? Just out of curiosity about how old was the possibly future got gi girl?

Edit ... maybe she was his publicist?
    Last edited by neilhytholt; 06-15-2006 at 10:51 AM.

ma is all about fun. training, competing, fun and chicks.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter