Thread: Deadlift PR

Exclamation Deadlift PR

Monday, I pulled 275 for 5. I'm 5'8", 175lbs, 22 years of age.

The set consisted of, after 4 light warmup sets: 190, 210, 230, 250, then 275. All for 5 reps. Used straps on the last set as my grip failed repeatedly when I got the bar to my knees.

Working on slowly gaining weight, getting up to 180lbs.

Right now using a twice-a-week lifting split, like always. Monday is my 5x5 day, Thursday my 4x8. Workouts consist of three lower body lifts, two upper body, two abs (weighted), and then a 10 minute complex set of moderate-to-high-rep auxilliary work. Workouts last about 75 minutes, from dynamic warmups to static stretching cooldowns.

Also, doing 12 hours a week pure karate work, more when I can get to class.

Life is good.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

rubthevash

odd -- rubthevash is the exact minimum number of characters required for a post. coincidence? i think not.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Gracias

How goes da buddha's lifties/families?

Props to you, man. My lifts have been sucking recently.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

nice dude.

i just hit a pr on my bench the other day too. 200 at 136. i was pumped. i also pulled 285 twice a few weeks ago, but i guess i didn't lock completely out. i still consider it pulled though. im gonna try again next time i dead.

i been training with a bunch of power lifters lately and my poundages have been going through the roof. a few of my buddies have actually hinted they thought i was on the juice which kind of upset me. i'm getting stronger sure, but mostly im getting much better technique. i just keep learning to cheat better ... i guess this is what power lifting is all about .

unfortunatley my jiujitsu progress is coming along much more slowly as i only train twice a week and i still cant do the oly lifts for ****.

my goals are 250 on bench and 300 pull by halloween and to perform a proper clean by mid july.
    where's my beer?

hey that's a nice bench milestone GDA, congrats.

Good job, man. Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    nice dude.

i just hit a pr on my bench the other day too. 200 at 136. i was pumped. i also pulled 285 twice a few weeks ago, but i guess i didn't lock completely out. i still consider it pulled though. im gonna try again next time i dead.

i been training with a bunch of power lifters lately and my poundages have been going through the roof. a few of my buddies have actually hinted they thought i was on the juice which kind of upset me. i'm getting stronger sure, but mostly im getting much better technique. i just keep learning to cheat better ... i guess this is what power lifting is all about .

unfortunatley my jiujitsu progress is coming along much more slowly as i only train twice a week and i still cant do the oly lifts for ****.

my goals are 250 on bench and 300 pull by halloween and to perform a proper clean by mid july.

Congrats Vash
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo