Thread: Knife vs 4 armed robbers

Knife vs 4 armed robbers

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/31/vet....ap/index.html

javascript:cnnVideo('play','/video/us/2006/05/31/dorning.marine.fights.back.waga','2006/06/07');

ATLANTA - A former Marine used a pocket knife to fend off a group of would-be robbers, killing one and wounding another, police said.

Thomas Autry, who authorities said will not be charged, had been walking home from his job waiting tables Monday night when four people got out of a car and chased him, Atlanta police detective Danny Stephens said.

One of the attackers had a shotgun and another had a pistol, Stephens said.

The suspects caught up with Autry, who yelled for help and pulled a knife out of his backpack. He kicked the shotgun out of one of the attacker's hands and stabbed both a 17-year-old girl who jumped on him and a man who also attacked him.

The suspects fled in their car but police found them later at a hospital where the girl was pronounced dead. The man stabbed in the incident was in critical condition, Stephens said.

Autry's attackers will face robbery and aggravated assault charges and are suspected in other robberies over the past week, Stephen said.

Stephens credited Autry's military training with helping him fend off the group.

"I would say he had to do what he had to do to stop the threat," Stephens said. "You can tell his training kicked in and he knew what to do."

Autry, 36, suffered a cut to his hand and a bruise on his chest, Stephens said.

''He kicked the shotgun out of one of the attacker's hands...''

When did Chuck Norris change his name to Thomas Autry???

he got lucky.

somewhere in the article it has "the .383 aimed at him misfired". usually that never happens.

i saw this a couple weeks ago, dont know if it ever made it over here.

but grats to him for being still alive.

edit*
    it was another article
    i also quickly read, does it mention he killed the 17 yr old girl and she was 2 weeks pregnent
    Last edited by Shaolinlueb; 06-15-2006 at 11:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

So what if he got lucky; better than being dead. I'm also sure he didn't have time to give the girl a pregnancy test before he stabbed her. Most women I know attend to their well being while pregnant, not commit armed robbery. IMO, she's responsible for the death of her unborn, albeit posthumously.
    MTV-Get Off The Air-Now

that dude is da bomb diggety
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie
    So what if he got lucky; better than being dead. I'm also sure he didn't have time to give the girl a pregnancy test before he stabbed her. Most women I know attend to their well being while pregnant, not commit armed robbery. IMO, she's responsible for the death of her unborn, albeit posthumously.
    well yeah i dont feel bad for the girl, she went into it knowing the consequences.

as for him getting lucky, he did but yeah i would have given them my wallet. with no money in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.