Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kung Fu in Denver

PlumDragon

I noticed way back in this thread you mentioned the Denver AMA school. Did you ever go and train there? If so, how was it?

I'm trying to get back in the MA game this year and that school looked interesting (and really close to my house) so spoke w/ the Guru over the phone before Christmas time, and I'm supposed to contact them back in a week or so to set up a intro class the begining of Feb.

Since I don't know anyone who has gone there, and you mentioned it in this thread, I just wanted to hear what your thoughts on it were.

Thanks.

Hi snowdog,

If youre looking for FMA in that exact area, then Guro Mondee is probably your only choice.

Coincidentally, I was not able to go back and visit the AMA due to time constraints, so I cannot tell you any real additional info about the school. The reason I mentioned the AMA in the thread though, was because Guro Mondees teachers are also the teachers of one of my past teachers, so she was in a way my "cousin" in arms...Sorry I couldnt be more help on the matter.

Thanks for responding,

Too bad you weren't able to make it back and train there, I would have loved to have a 1st hand account.

I have been wanting to try FMA/ JKDC stuff for a while now and that's why that one caught my eye. I'm glad to hear you know of Guru Mondee. When I first found them the other schools/ instructors they have linked to their website are pretty well known and legit so that was a good sign, and having someone else in the MA community know of her is even a better sign. Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks Again