Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Oldboy

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I didn't make it through jethro's clip. Been there, done that. And I've seen Old Boy. But good ol' Youtube, surf around and I ended up here. Man, if my splits were that tight, I'd get a chorus line of women in red silks behind me too.

****. a karate girl in a kung fu outfit with chinese like people around her. if that isnt a slap in the face i dont know what is. but yes she is crazy flexible. its nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Shaolinlueb,

Who told you that I would absolutely enjoy stuff like that?

mickey

My favorite one vs. many fights:

Billy Chong fighting the 'Japanese' swordsmen in Sun Dragon.

Gordon Liu storming the Taoist temple the 1st time in Fist of the White Lotus.

Jackie Chan at the finale of Dragons Forever.

Sammo Hung making his attackers spit rice near the end of Pedicab Driver.

Moon Lee using her nunchaku at the opening scene of Iron Angels.

Tony Jaa's bone-breaking scene in Tom Yum Goong.

Liang Jia-Ren in The Victim.

Bruce Lee in Chinese Connection.

Lau Kar-Leung in a short few-on-one fight before the finale of New Kids in Town.

Jet Li at the end of My Father is a Hero (forget the yo-yo sequence and it's still a good scene).

What's the name of that movie?

Where the guy fights everyone in that narrow hallway, with the elevator at the end?

There's that torture scene with the hammer and the teeth?

I hope that's not too obscure, but I'm rackin' my brain...

Thanks in advance

Oldboy.

great film.

Quote Originally Posted by banditshaw View Post
    Oldboy.

great film.

THANK you!!!!!

It was on the tip of my brain all day!

justin lin is slated remake this movie, although its been taken off his imdb, so he may not be.

What is up with Will Smith?!?

I found this on some peripheral research on Smith's Karate Kid remake.

Spielberg, Smith in talks for 'Oldboy'
    Pair may kidnap remake of Korean drama
    By MICHAEL FLEMING

Steven Spielberg and Will Smith are in early discussions to collaborate on a remake of Chan Wook-park's "Oldboy." DreamWorks is in the process of securing the remake rights, and the new pic will be distributed by Universal.

In the 2003 Korean original, a man gets kidnapped and held in a shabby cell for 15 years without explanation. Suddenly, he's released and given money, a cell phone and clothes and is set on a path to discover who destroyed his life so he can take revenge.

Spielberg had been looking for an opportunity to make a film with Smith, who would play the kidnapped man if all the pieces fall into place. Spielberg is looking for a writer to begin the development process.

The film was originally set at U and then found its way to Mandate.

Spielberg is next expected to direct "Tintin."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I still think this is too harsh for Smith

I don't think he has the chops for that amazing hammer fight scene. Who is going to play the girl? I'd watch it just to see Smith eat octopus...
    Will Smith and scribe reunite for Asian remake
    By Jay A. Fernandez and Steven Zeitchik Jay A. Fernandez And Steven Zeitchik – Wed Nov 19, 4:52 am ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – Nothing brings people together like $584 million in worldwide revenue.

In a potential high-profile star-writer reunion, "I Am Legend" co-scribe Mark Protosevich is in early talks to pen the remake of "Old Boy," which "Legend" star Will Smith is developing with director Steven Spielberg.

DreamWorks is in the process of securing the remake rights to the 2003 Korean film about a man's mysterious kidnapping, 15-year imprisonment and feverish quest for revenge upon being released.

A slew of Asian remakes have found their way into American theaters and onto development slates in the past few years. Screenwriter William Monahan won the best adapted screenplay Oscar in 2007 for translating the Hong Kong thriller "Infernal Affairs" into the best picture winner "The Departed."

Protosevich also has written "Poseidon" and "The Cell," and he worked on "Thor" for Marvel Studios.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

gotta disagree with you gene

we're usually eye to eye on these things. but i think will smith will do an amazing job on this film, i mean after seeing films like persuit of happiness, ali, and his most recent 7 pounds(at a private screening) i would say not only does he have the chops for this but i predict that he will get the oscar he has been chasing after. i mean steven speilberg directing smith starring, you know its gonna be a mega block buster, but i think the film is gonna also be critically aclaimed. this film has the greatest twist i've seen in any film that has come out in the last 50 years hands down, and the vast majority has not seen it and will be shocked as **** when they do. can't wait, i love remakes when the greats direct them. like marty when he did the departed that **** i loved, still one of my favorite films.

innerestin...

...anyone here know the comic? I only know the film.
    Will Smith Says Oldboy Won’t be Adaptation of Chan-wook Park’s Film

Posted by Brian C. Gibson (brian@filmschoolrejects.com) on November 21, 2008

I just came home from a red carpet premier of Will Smith’s film Seven Pounds. The star is on a tour of premiers promoting the film which is starting to create some major Oscar buzz for the already twice-nominated superstar. I’ll have a full red carpet report later, but first, I was able to stop Smith for a few questions, and a couple laughs. One of the hottest topics for me is Smith’s involvement in Steven Spielberg’s acquisition of the rights for Oldboy, and the actor didn’t disappoint on the news front.

We reported on this news almost two weeks ago, but there is a big development from what the star was able to tell me. Fans have already made themselves heard about their distaste for Oldboy being remade and Smith being the man rumored to take the lead. Well, we heard it straight from the star’s mouth that he is definitely starring in Steven Spielberg’s Oldboy…with a twist. Smith wanted to make a very strong point that this is not an adaptation of Chan-wook Park’s 2003 film. So what is it an adaptation of?

We’re looking at that right now. Not the film though, it’s the original source material. There’s the original comics of ‘Oldboy’ that they made the first film from. And that’s what we’re working from, not an adaptation of the film…,” said Smith.

Apparently Spielberg wasn’t acquiring the rights to the film Oldboy, he was acquiring the rights to the original source material of the graphic novel ‘Oldboy.’ I guess the next question would be - what does this mean? This means that fans can rest a bit easier knowing that no one is trying to make a better Oldboy for an American audience. This means that Spielberg is free to truly adapt the source material and not try and copycat the brilliance of Park’s masterpiece. This also means that it will likely be an entirely different film, however, but the graphic novel is still very close to Park’s movie. So stay tuned as more details come in.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    this film has the greatest twist i've seen in any film that has come out in the last 50 years hands down, and the vast majority has not seen it and will be shocked as **** when they do. can't wait, i love remakes when the greats direct them. like marty when he did the departed that **** i loved, still one of my favorite films.
    Who says they won't change that twist....I think they will to be honest. If they don't great.
    I personally think this film doesn't need to be remade.

they wont cause thats what makes the movie thats what the whole thing is about.

I hope so Doug. I guess we will wait and see.

in all honesty without that twist there is no movie really. that twist ****ing made the movie what it was. it blew you away and turned you inside out and put you back togather again. and then blew you away one more time when he got himself hypnotyzed to stay with her. it was bananna's cause then u gotta think did she open the box? and if she did , then she would be sick now wouldnt she. also (SPOILER ALERT IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW STOP READING THIS NOW) it makes you even more warped when you realize he took his own daughters virginity.